ADVERTISEMENT

A few Iowa point spreads are out

Digger1

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001
From Southpoint, one of the best, if not the best. This is hard to read but the numbers will be all over the internet by the end of the weekend and you'll see them just fine then. Iowa -13 vs ISU, underdog at Minnesota, +1 vs Wisconsin, +3 vs Michigan, favored over Nebraska, +19 at OSU.

Last edited:
I’m in Downtown Las Vegas right now, and I’m surprised the Golden Nugget and Circa only have Week 0 and Week 1 games so far. Glad to know at least Rampart has College Games of the Year, as I was thinking of taking in their buffet on my trip.

From Southpoint, one of the best, if not the best. This is hard to read but the numbers will be all over the internet by the end of the weekend and you'll see them just fine then. Iowa -13 vs ISU, underdog at Minnesota, +1 vs Wisconsin, +3 vs Michigan, favored over Nebraska, +19 at OSU.

I'll take Iowa at Kinnick over Michigan. Last years BIG title will mean nothing, and Michigan lost a lot of 5th year seniors. Iowa over Minnesota as well. On the road, whatever. Minny lost a ton as well. Defense, most of their huge OL, skill players too. Hawks by two scores in the northland. I don't see us winning in the Shoe, but I don't think we'll lose by almost three TD's either....

I’m in Downtown Las Vegas right now, and I’m surprised the Golden Nugget and Circa only have Week 0 and Week 1 games so far. Glad to know at least Rampart has College Games of the Year, as I was thinking of taking in their buffet on my trip.
cw_GHD.gif

For the most part, I think betting on trends is a sure fire way to lose $$$.

Not with Iowa. We will beat Michigan, the Wisconsin game will go under the total, and we keep it eerily close at OSU. It’s just what we do.

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into RSW totals. I’m in the Dominican Republic right now and can’t log on to any of my apps, but I hear rumors that they’re released? That excites me.

Jon Budmayr is working on Colorado State's (Former QB and OC for CS, cut with new regime) dime as an unpaid analyst for Iowa, as he gets paid through the end of his contract. That bodes well for the Wisconsin game, as he is pretty knowledgeable about their offense (former Wisconsin QB coach). We can only hope he is being utilized to simplify the Iowa Offense as well. He is young and sticking around for a reason. My guess is he is working as an unofficial QB coach, scouting film and giving input of Offense changes.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaFansAreBuffoons
There is serious money to be made on these. There are some head-scratchers for sure.
Careful with Nebraska. They went the Hoiberg route and rebuilt their roster with transfers (I believe they added the most of any team in the conference).

That's why some idiots are picking them as favorites in the West, and why there is also a good chance they manage 8 wins with that schedule.

Whatever the number ends up being for ISU, take the Cyclones to cover and the Hawks to win. (unless of course it's +1 or a pick em............)

Congrats to those that were able to get in on +13. Sheesh....

Underdogs at Minnesota? Lol.....

Take Wisconsin......more bau

Take Michigan.

Take Iowa over Nebraska for obvious reasons.

Take Ohio State because that way, we are guaranteed to at least cover, and not get completely embarrassed with our garbage offense......... :D

• Haha
Whatever the number ends up being for ISU, take the Cyclones to cover and the Hawks to win. (unless of course it's +1 or a pick em............)

Congrats to those that were able to get in on +13. Sheesh....

Underdogs at Minnesota? Lol.....

Take Wisconsin......more bau

Take Michigan.

Take Iowa over Nebraska for obvious reasons.

Take Ohio State because that way, we are guaranteed to at least cover, and not get completely embarrassed with our garbage offense......... :D
It was down to -11.5 after the 1st bet(Brad Powers was 2nd in line). The sharps wait in line when these games of the year are released. They are allowed 1 bet then they have to go to the end of the line before they can bet another game. It was a 2k per game limit. FWIW I never gamble.

I just jumped on the Hawks +21 @ tosu. I think PP will take of my $$$. Both teams have a Bye Week before the game.
I jumped on that one and the ISU one too +21 and +13 respectively . I also hit Navy +19 . Weeks 1 and 2 are the Weeks to hammer as they usually have the most gift lines before Vegas really has a handle on a Team. Public usually loses at a higher percentage weeks 3 on . Iowa giving large amounts of points is always a good bet due to the Offense and Kirks style.

I jumped on that one and the ISU one too +21 and +13 respectively . I also hit Navy +19 . Weeks 1 and 2 are the Weeks to hammer as they usually have the most gift lines before Vegas really has a handle on a Team. Public usually loses at a higher percentage weeks 3 on . Iowa giving large amounts of points is always a good bet due to the Offense and Kirks style.
This has been my history in sports betting winning first 2 weeks with the Spurriers of the world running up points then the lines adjust in favor of the dogs rest of year. The golden days back in 2000 era Boise St would cover every week.

Interesting numbers.....with that said I am betting I won't lay down a bet until I see what we have in week 1.

Careful with Nebraska. They went the Hoiberg route and rebuilt their roster with transfers (I believe they added the most of any team in the conference).

That's why some idiots are picking them as favorites in the West, and why there is also a good chance they manage 8 wins with that schedule.
I actually am staying away from Nebbie. There’s a certain Ron Zook feel to Scott Frost and this team that tells me they might be good enough to keep him his job.

I killed my ACC and Pac12 futures last year, and there are some reaaaaaally good ones this year again.

Just before leaving Las Vegas, got Iowa +3.5 at Minny. Surprised that game wasn’t more of a pick ‘em, but happy to get the field goal difference if it’s close, just in case….

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT