ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts from your most hated rival…

Sep 2, 2001
Some random thoughts from the game last night.
Kris Murray….wow! How much has that kid improved? Really impressive player. How does he not start is all I can say!

Patrick McCaffery looked really good. I like his game…doesn’t force anything.

Purdue shot lights out from 3, but a lot of those were wide open. I thought Purdue handled the press pretty well and then once they got into their half court sets, they really moved the ball well. Our offense is pretty legit this year if we play

The refs…no comment.

I still like the job Fran has done. You guys lost a LOT of talent and he will have you back in the dance this year again.

Ivey and Murray…we have a few more months to enjoy them before it’s off to the NBA.

Outside of the free throw shooting, that was as good as I have seen Purdue play offensively all year. Not just the shooting, but creating open looks

Iowa always plays so damn hard and that’s a testament to the coaching. Fran has his team fully bought in.

Best of luck the rest of the way even though you are Purdue’s “most hated rival”!!! See you down the road. Stay healthy!!!

Kris Murray….wow! How much has that kid improved? Really impressive player. How does he not start is all I can say!

Purdue shot lights out from 3, but a lot of those were wide open. I thought Purdue handled the press pretty well and then once they got into their half court sets, they really moved the ball well. Our offense is pretty legit this year if we play

The refs…no comment.

I still like the job Fran has done. You guys lost a LOT of talent and he will have you back in the dance this year again.

Ivey and Murray…we have a few more months to enjoy them before it’s off to the NBA.

Outside of the free throw shooting, that was as good as I have seen Purdue play offensively all year. Not just the shooting, but creating open looks

Iowa always plays so damn hard and that’s a testament to the coaching. Fran has his team fully bought in.

Best of luck the rest of the way even though you are Purdue’s “most hated rival”!!! See you down the road. Stay healthy!!!
Good luck to you guys. Kris Murray is a sore subject around here.

The refs…no comment.

Your offense looked that good because Iowa's defense is that bad.

You're going to need better guard play to get anywhere in the tourney and I just don't see it happening.

The Big Ten is down this year. Going to be a short tournament for most of the conference qualifiers.

The refs…no comment.

I don't disagree with you on much, it's amazing to me how Purdue seems to always be so at home at Carver Hawkeye, makes it tough on us when your talent level is high like this year. Kris Murray should be starting and getting 30+ minutes a game. Patrick has had some games where he does force things a bit, but played well last night, I still think he has a high ceiling and expect he will continue to improve. Was not happy that Fran continued to press because it was largely handled well by the Boilers and led to some easy shots when the defense couldn't get back. His substitution patterns continue to frustrate me this year, but I also realize our core group of players are very young and still unseasoned overall. I hope you're right on the NCAA invite for us, I still have my doubts as we are still seeking a high quality win.

Good luck to Purdue going forward, I suspect you will perform well as long as you avoid the indigestion at the FT line like last night, it appeared to be there only glaring vulnerability last night. Appreciate your comments!

You're going to need better guard play to get anywhere in the tourney and I just don't see it happening.

The Big Ten is down this year. Going to be a short tournament for most of the conference qualifiers.
Lol, they have one of the top two or three guards in the country.

The refs…no comment.

You're not allowed to say anything positive about P. McCaffery on this board. People here have an irrational hatred of him.

Interesting takes...Purdue's offense is ranked #1 in the country in efficiency, so it's not just Iowa's defense. I thought last night was one of our better efforts from our guards. Did a good job against the press, knocked down open shots, and generally played pretty well. I guess we will see what happens in the tourney, but I am not seeing a lot of teams nationally this year that look unbeatable.

The refs…no comment.

We suck man. That's more reality. Thanks for gilding a turd :)

Lol, they have one of the top two or three guards in the country.
This. Their guards outscored ours by 40. If you watched the game last night and one of your thoughts is that THEY need better guard play....well I don’t know what to tell you.

We actually handled their bigs better than I expected but needless to say they are VERY talented there too.

Reactions: MTobin

The refs…no comment.

You don't watch Iowa much if you think pmac doesn't force anything lol

Maybe there's a lowlight reel somewhere

This. Their guards outscored ours by 40. If you watched the game last night and one of your thoughts is that THEY need better guard play....well I don’t know what to tell you.

We actually handled their bigs better than I expected but needless to say they are VERY talented there too.
Everybody's guards are going to look good against us. I consider Ivey more of a wing player than a guard.

You don't watch Iowa much if you think pmac doesn't force anything lol

Maybe there's a lowlight reel somewhere
He didn’t force anything last night. He’s really improving his shot selection over the course of the year. The pull up jumper is a helluva lot better than the running toss. And I like his 3 point choices. You can still criticize his rebounding, but offensively he's playing well.

He didn’t force anything last night. He’s really improving his shot selection over the course of the year. The pull up jumper is a helluva lot better than the running toss. And I like his 3 point choices. You can still criticize his rebounding, but offensively he's playing well.
I agree, im pretty pleased with PMAcs shot selection the last few games.

Not so much with his defense or rebounding but he has eliminated most of the no man's land floaters and turnarounds.

The jump stop pull up is much better.

That was one of the easiest point spreads to wager on; my only frustration is that I didn't invest more on -2.5.

Iowa just looked lost on defense in the first half. Yes, Purdue shot lights out but I expect college players to make wide open shots.

That was one of the easiest point spreads to wager on; my only frustration is that I didn't invest more on -2.5.

Iowa just looked lost on defense in the first half. Yes, Purdue shot lights out but I expect college players to make wide open shots.
Rebraca trying to guard a 7’4” guy just doesn’t work.

Reactions: RocknRollface

Thanks for clueing us in before the game. Appreciate the extra cash

Reactions: Mohawkeye

Well, not ALL college players

Purdue is loaded. They’ve got a lottery pick, good bigs, shooters, you name it. However, as we know at some point they will blow it in the sweet 16 or elite 8 in a game they are favored in. Not sure why it always happens to them. They have the roster yo go all the way.

The refs…no comment.

Purdue is a great team and I don’t think Painter gets enough credit for the job he has done there. You guys play like you did last night in the tournament and Purdue can make the final four.

The refs…no comment.

Haven't you heard? PMac sucks; just listen to the experts on here!!!! ;)

You are impressed with Fran?? Were you impressed with Todd Lickliter, too?? Who are you?? Tom Izzo???? ;)

And losing a game is NEVER acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are outraged by once again losing to our hated rival.

And what happens when you can't beat your most hated rival???? Ask the former head football coaches at Ohio State and Michigan!

Oh, and one more thing, just to be clear!!!! ;)

200.gif

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Reactions: jwboiler
Really? How many points did Edey have? I thought Filip did a pretty respectable job.....better than most.
Iowa did fine on him. Edey played 15 minutes, Williams 24. They basically split time. Once Iowa put both Murrays in the game in the second half it got Edey out of the game as he couldn't guard either Murray on the perimeter. But he had 6 points on 4 shots, 4 rebounds and a steal. For the year, he is averaging 14 points a game on 70% shooting. Williams was great against Iowa with 12 point, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and block in 24 minutes. Boilers are a terrific team when at any time they have 1 of those 2 on the floor. Speaks to their depth.

Reactions: littlez
Watching our most hated rival rain in wide open threes was much worse than watching our regular rivals rain in wide open threes.

You're not allowed to say anything positive about P. McCaffery on this board. People here have an irrational hatred of him.
Lol, I think hatred is pretty strong. IMO he does pretty well at times but plays way too soft and too much of the time he is outside staring at the rebounders instead of being one of them. He is far too long to not get a ton of rebounds so it proves to me he isn't focusing on the part of the game.

I thought Purdon't was the best, most talented, team at the the start of the B1G season, and I still believe that, despite some unexpected losses. Their guards are better than I thought, and the centers have slightly underachieved (although still the best combo in the league). Last night, Thompson and #25 (Morton?), who I don't remember playing before, both played outstanding games. Ivey wasn't quite 100%, but still hit two of the biggest 3s to hold off the comeback. After the B1G's performance last year in the dance, I won't make any predictions, but Purdon't should be one of the favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT