ADVERTISEMENT

A good guy with a gun in MO has his AR stolen, then shoots the thief with a second gun (and two random women are shot in the gun fight)

Do you know who fired those rounds? Could have been the armed robber right? You gonna acknowledge the robber put a gun to the victims head? How does one stop that without a firearm themselves?

You guys are more focused on the "ar15" than you are thr faxt an armed robber got stopped in his tracks.... think about that.
And if the dude with the micro penis didn't bring his cosplay rifle shopping with him then two women wouldn't have gotten shot.

No way the guy who shot the guy who just put a gun to his head gets charged with "attempted murder".

He should not have fled.
I suppose that is the debate. I am no attorney and unfamiliar with the laws in Missouri. If the law states you have the right to defend your life with the use of gun, then even though the robbery involved a gun, was the victim's life still in danger?

If he was no longer in danger there is no reason to get another gun and pursue the robber. By doing so he is now actively seeking revenge for the robbery with the gun and with intent. I'm not sure he will have much of a case for defense since he pursued/engaged the robber, injured two other innocent bystanders, then fled.

There are a number of wrong decisions made in this whole scenario.

Last edited:
Pretty much an "I told you so" scenario of what can go wrong when you carry an AR into a store. The two women are ok thankfully. The thief was caught. Probably check a box for one of the good guy's fantasies.

• A man who was open-carrying an AR-15-style rifle in Missouri was robbed at gunpoint, police said.
  • After his gun was stolen, police said the victim retrieved another gun from his car.
  • He used it to open fire on the accused robber, police said. A shootout ensued.
A man who was open-carrying an AR-15-style rifle at a Missouri supermarket had his firearm stolen at gunpoint, according to police.

Then, in a surprising twist, he retrieved another gun from his vehicle, and opened fire on the man accused of robbing him, North County Police Cooperative said on Facebook.

Officers responded on May 27 after a call for "shots fired" at Wellston Food Market in St Louis, Missouri.

Officers said that a man had been carrying his rifle around the supermarket in a non-threatening manner.

When he stepped out of the store, a 31-year-old man held a pistol to the back of his head, according to a probable cause statement, per the NBC affiliate station KSDK.

He then stole the victim's jacket and gun, the probable cause statement said, KDSK reported.

After giving the rifle up, police said the victim grabbed another gun he had in his car and opened fire on the accused robber.

A shootout ensued, police said, during which two bystanders — both women — were struck. The injuries were not life-threatening.

The victim fled with his rifle while the accused robber, who had been shot several times, remained on the scene. A third man then also shot him, police said.

The accused robber is charged with armed criminal action, first-degree robbery, and two counts each of unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm, KSDK reported. His cash-only bond was set at $500,000, the local media outlet said.

"This is a very active and fluid investigation," said the North County Police Cooperative on Facebook.

6299574221000030005eca84.png

Why did the victim flee the scene?

After having placed a gun against an armed man's head i am sure he was leaving with the shit he stole.
Well, he was. AR guy had the time to go to his car, retrieve another gun, and open fire on the robber. Where do you think the robber was while this was going down? "Oh...you need to go to your car to get your second gun? Sure...I'll wait."

Reactions: JupiterHawk
No way the guy who shot the guy who just put a gun to his head gets charged with "attempted murder".

He should not have fled.
But you are completely fine with him shooting innocent bystanders.

Does he not have a responsibility as a lawful gun owner NOT TO SHOOT INNOCENT BYSTANDERS?

I hope they take his dumb ass for all he's worth.

Well, he was. AR guy had the time to go to his car, retrieve another gun, and open fire on the robber. Where do you think the robber was while this was going down? "Oh...you need to go to your car to get your second gun? Sure...I'll wait."
Watch the video, it sounds like the confrontation happened outside the front of the store and the vehicle was feet away.

6th Amendment.
I believe those casings are from a 45acp, that's roughly 950 fps. How much more "speedy" did you want it to be?

Dude is going to have his time in court and I hope they max his ass for trying to steal someone's shit while threatening them with a firearm

Watch the video, it sounds like the confrontation happened outside the front of the store and the vehicle was feet away.
How does that change anything? He had a gun to his head. He gave up his rifle. He went to his car, opened the door, retrieved his second weapon...what do you think the robber was doing that entire time? Admiring his latest acquisition?

How does that change anything? He had a gun to his head. He gave up his rifle. He went to his car, opened the door, retrieved his second weapon...what do you think the robber was doing that entire time? Admiring his latest acquisition?
I think in the roughly 10 feet the guy had to go to secure the next fire arm they were likely yelling at each other.

Kind of an odd question but I gotta ask at this point: are you ok with people being robbed?

I suppose that is the debate. I am no attorney and unfamiliar with the laws in Missouri. If the law states you have the right to defend your life with the use of gun, then even though the robbery involved a gun, was the victim's life still in danger?

If he was no longer in danger there is no reason to get another gun and pursue the robber. By doing so he is now actively seeking revenge for the robbery with the gun and with intent. I'm not sure he will have much of a case for defense since he pursued/engaged the robber, injured two other innocent bystanders, then fled.

Yeah - it seems like it wasn't self defense, as much as it was "gonna get my shit back".

I think in the roughly 10 feet the guy had to go to secure the next fire arm they were likely yelling at each other.

Kind of an odd question but I gotta ask at this point: are you ok with people being robbed?
This has nothing to do with being robbed...but the idea that he stuck a gun to a guy's head, took his rifle, then stood there and argued with him is...funny. Troll.

This has nothing to do with being robbed...but the idea that he stuck a gun to a guy's head, took his rifle, then stood there and argued with him is...funny. Troll.
I don't think he stood there, I think they gave each other "pleasantries" as one guy started to walk away and one guy walked to his car.

You gotta get over the troll thing, it's lame.

No doubt. At the very least the victim/shooter is likely to face civil liability from the bystanders.

I believe those casings are from a 45acp, that's roughly 950 fps. How much more "speedy" did you want it to be?

Dude is going to have his time in court and I hope they max his ass for trying to steal someone's shit while threatening them with a firearm

And I agree on the second one, armed robbery is extremely serious.

What I don't agree with is that

A. A gun owner should be a place like a super market carrying around a rifle. You want to be armed you can conceal and carry a handgun. You don't need to be walking into the super market looking like you are ready to go into battle against ISIL. If he had not been openly walking around with a very large and obvious weapon worth over $1,000 this wouldn't have happened. On top of that carrying an AR-15 in a supermarket serves no other purpose than to try and intimidate and scare everyone around you. This isn't the freaking rifle range, it's a supermarket. His AR-15 did nothing more than make him a target for robbery, it didn't protect him, how could it? If someone is up to something bad like said robber was, it simply made him the first target.

B. While the gun owner was having his life threatened earlier with the gun to his head, that threat had ended and the suspect was fleeing. He did not need to engage the suspect in a gun battle that endangered everyone around them.

The "victim" who fled is going to be in trouble. The act of the robbery was over and his life was no longer in danger, reportedly. He actively sought out another gun, pursued the robber, and engaged him. So now the robber is also a victim. The first victim of robbery became the assailant and will likely be charged with attempted murder.
This story makes it really difficult to define who the "victim" is/are, beyond the two woman who caught stray bullets. I guess both guys were the victims at one point, and the criminals at another point.

Hopefully they both get charged for everything they can be. Obviously armed robbery is a crime, but so is going to the car, getting a gun, and shooting someone - even if it's the guy that just held you up. Then there's the part about turning the place into the OK Corral and hitting two people.

Reactions: steelrain
ADVERTISEMENT