ADVERTISEMENT

A great Hawk needs our support.

WWDMHawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 13, 2014
Sad news. One of Iowa’s all-time great wrestlers and officials, Chuck Yagla, recently announced that his beautiful granddaughter, Sadie, has a brain tumor. She underwent surgery very recently at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines.

I know Chuck and his family would appreciate our prayers. Best wishes to Sadie and her whole family.

Sad news. One of Iowa’s all-time great wrestlers and officials, Chuck Yagla, recently announced that his beautiful granddaughter, Sadie, has a brain tumor. She underwent surgery very recently at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines.

I know Chuck and his family would appreciate our prayers. Best wishes to Sadie and her whole family.
Chuck was not only a great wrestler and official but also a good person and friend. Prayers and best wishes for his granddaughter’s full recovery.

You should see Chuck's Facebook page. The list of well-wishes just goes on forever. It's really quite a site to behold. The outpouring of love and support for Chuck and his family has been impressive, to say the least.

By way of an update on Sadie, she's doing great after surgery and the post-op MRI looked perfect. So far, so good! Prayers for Sadie!

I had a brief email exchange with Chuck last night. He reported that the surgery went as good as possible. He also expressed heartfelt gratitude for the loving support that his family has felt from all of us. Keep sending your positive energy in Sadie's direction.

Little update from Chuck's Facebook page, and a reminder that our support does mean a lot to Chuck and his family.

Chuck Yagla
9 mins ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that granddaughter Sadie had a good night. I’m overwhelmed by all the love, support, prayers, etc shown by everyone! I took 5 minutes to check on the latest wrestling news on the HawkeyeReport message board this morning and again was overwhelmed that a thread was started to support Sadie and get the word out for more prayer support - she’s a fighter and I truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Reminder to everyone that updates are being provided on her CaringBridge site under her name - Sadie Broich. #sadiestrong

Little update from Chuck's Facebook page, and a reminder that our support does mean a lot to Chuck and his family.

Chuck Yagla
9 mins ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that granddaughter Sadie had a good night. I’m overwhelmed by all the love, support, prayers, etc shown by everyone! I took 5 minutes to check on the latest wrestling news on the HawkeyeReport message board this morning and again was overwhelmed that a thread was started to support Sadie and get the word out for more prayer support - she’s a fighter and I truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Reminder to everyone that updates are being provided on her CaringBridge site under her name - Sadie Broich. #sadiestrong

Hello all - Chuck Yagla here. I’ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the wrestling community regarding the sudden and frustrating news with my precious 18 month granddaughter Sadie. I’ve had lots of inquiries on how people can help or what they can do. It’s still very early in the recovery and Sadie is responding well. She seems a little bit more alert each day and will be in the NICU at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines until at least Monday.

For those that are interested, a family member has set up a GoFundMe account that can be accessed through Sadie’s CaringBridge site. We’ve had several friends make donations directly to CaringBridge (which is fine), but that donation goes to a broad range of people within CaringBridge. To find Sadie’s GoFundMe account you need go to her CaringBridge site which can found by doing a search for Sadie Broich after signing onto www.caringbridge.org and then clicking on the “Ways to Help” tab.

God Bless and we all truly appreciate the concern, Love, prayers and support. Please keep praying for Sadie.

Chuck Yagla

Quick update on granddaughter Sadie. Her recovery has been going well and she was able to get out of intensive care yesterday (Monday) and moved into her own room on the Pediatric Floor at Mercy Hospital. Her older brother Jax got to see her for the first time and they were able to share their favorite McDonalds meal together - a little normalcy for both of them!

If her recovery continues to improve she might get to come home today (Tuesday). I got to hold her last night about 45 minutes for the first time post surgery - it was awesome and very comforting for me.

We all really appreciate the love, support and caring from everyone. Please continue to pray for Sadie. God Bless everyone and of course Go Hawks!

Chuck Yagla

Quick update on granddaughter Sadie. Her recovery has been going well and she was able to get out of intensive care yesterday (Monday) and moved into her own room on the Pediatric Floor at Mercy Hospital. Her older brother Jax got to see her for the first time and they were able to share their favorite McDonalds meal together - a little normalcy for both of them!

If her recovery continues to improve she might get to come home today (Tuesday). I got to hold her last night about 45 minutes for the first time post surgery - it was awesome and very comforting for me.

We all really appreciate the love, support and caring from everyone. Please continue to pray for Sadie. God Bless everyone and of course Go Hawks!

Chuck Yagla
Glad you got to hold her, Chuck! Also glad she should be going home soon. Have no fear -- Hawkeye Nation is, and will remain, squarely behind Sadie and the whole family!

I had a brief email exchange with Chuck last night. He reported that the surgery went as good as possible. He also expressed heartfelt gratitude for the loving support that his family has felt from all of us. Keep sending your positive energy in Sadie's direction.

Anybody have a link to Sadie’s GoFundme? Let’s get some money sent her way.

Edit: I believe this is her site. Can you verify that Chuck?

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sadiebroich/photos

Last edited:
Many thanks to all my Hawkeye friends, the wrestling community and others for your prayers, love and support! God is great - Sadie has been through a lot and will have physical & occupational therapy going forward. No cancer, no chemo, no radiation - what wonderful news to share on Thanksgiving! #sadiestrong
Chuck Yagla

Many thanks to all my Hawkeye friends, the wrestling community and others for your prayers, love and support! God is great - Sadie has been through a lot and will have physical & occupational therapy going forward. No cancer, no chemo, no radiation - what wonderful news to share on Thanksgiving! #sadiestrong
Chuck Yagla
Great news Chuck...everyone was praying for her and prayers were answered. See you tomorrow night at the meet.

Asking all you prayer warriors for continued prayers and support as my granddaughter Sadie is back in the hospital for a few days. They had to go into surgery today and have a drainage tube inserted as she was getting fluid and pressure on her brain. Prayers much appreciated by me and my family. God Bless.

Chuck Yagla

ADVERTISEMENT