ADVERTISEMENT

A hypothetical question for gun folk...

LOL - "life of crime". Such bullshit. These atrocities aren't being committed by career criminals. That's just more right wing propaganda you're lapping up.
That phrase that I used was in reaction to something ridiculous that Hawknester said, no relation to anything right wing propaganda at all. But, nice try.

But what really makes your inaccurate retort so funny is that Hawknester then "liked" your post where you attempted to skewer me in relation to his words. Real LOL stuff there guys, clowns.

That phrase that I used was in reaction to something ridiculous that Hawknester said, no relation to anything right wing propaganda at all. But, nice try.

But what really makes your inaccurate retort so funny is that Hawknester then "liked" your post where you attempted to skewer me in relation to his words. Real LOL stuff there guys, clowns.
What? You're babbling more than usual.

There are far too many gun deaths not related to "a life of crime". Your suggestion remains absurd.

Oh man, this is good stuff. What ****ing nonsense. All we've established is that we can get a significant amount of guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. We won't take all of them out of all the bad hands. It's NOT illegal for someone with a criminal record to own a gun - it is illegal for someone who has committed a felony to own a gun. But the vast majority of these horrific incidents are not being committed by convicted felons. That's a false narrative that I think you know but still try to use it.

And your drivel on "root causes" - please. Are mentally ill people incapable of being good citizens? Who decides that? And how do you determine when someone is mentally ill? JFC. Mental illness, crime, evil people will all exist and always have. Focusing all attention on trying to solve that is absurd and only express by those of you who value your guns over progress on these huge issues.
If you dont believe most violent crimes (including, but not exclusively gun crimes) are committed by those with criminal records (felonious or otherwise), im not sure we can continue this discussion. So again, criminals currently have guns, agreed? Are you under the impression they will turn those over or submit to a registry? If so, im jealous of you naivety. If you have a plan on how youre going to convince, please share. If you're under the impression authorities are going to prosecute those gun crimes completely, why dont they do that now?

Interesting you're throwing in the towel on the actual issues - very odd attitude for someone who is optimistic enough to think criminals are going to turn over or register their guns...

Reactions: NCHawk5
If you dont believe most violent crimes (including, but not exclusively gun crimes) are committed by those with criminal records (felonious or otherwise), im not sure we can continue this discussion. So again, criminals currently have guns, agreed? Are you under the impression they will turn those over or submit to a registry? If so, im jealous of you naivety. If you have a plan on how youre going to convince, please share. If you're under the impression authorities are going to prosecute those gun crimes completely, why dont they do that now?

Interesting you're throwing in the towel on the actual issues - very odd attitude for someone who is optimistic enough to think criminals are going to turn over or register their guns...
God Damn you're dense. If a criminal has a gun now they can be doing so without having it registered and no ability for authorities to check for it. If ALL guns are required to be registered then the ability to check for registration is something authorities can do. If a gun is registered and given to a criminal the owner of that gun has culpability - thus they may be less likely to give a criminal a gun.

Will this get all guns out of criminals hands? Of course not. It will make it a bit less likely that they get a gun. The all-or-nothing attitude many of you gun lovers use as an excuse to do nothing is exhausting. It will take many coordinated measures to combat this huge issue. But people like you want to do nothing because - muh guns. **** that.

I'm fine with not continuing this discussion - it's a waste of time.

Too many guns. This isn't complicated. More guns that people. More than anywhere in the world. Our guns kill kids and too many don't want to do a damn thing to fix it. Guns are more important than the right for people to not be killed by it. Republicans should just go ahead and say it. Own it. We can all see it's obvious.
Just exactly what Hitler thought. The Jews have too many guns. And then they didn't.

As long as cockroach Liberals infest this country there is no such thing as too many guns. As you perfectly stated, this isn't complicated.

Answers the questions! Well done. Welcome to the club in this thread that followed my OP. But I have a question - are you an EMT? Cleaning up highway splatters have impacted my EMT friend’s views on things. But they’re also a bit jaded at this point so I see why question #2 is not going to move the needle. Kid splatter, adult splatter…it’s all splattter. Is that where you’re at?
I am not. I have definitely dealt with splatter though.

The first time, it was a guy that peeled his face off after wiping out on a gravel road on his motorcycle. No nose, no lips.

The second time was a guy that was killed in an automobile accident. Not terrible, but definitely dead.

The third time was in the military when I was called in to a MP's barracks for a suicide by gun.

The fourth time was another gun suicide.

The fifth time was two military MP members that turned over a jeep and they lost their heads, both of them.

The sixth time was another auto accident. Dead.

I quit remembering after that, but since you reminded me, I can think of at least three post military accidents that had carnage........one dead, one probably should have died and thankfully, didn't, and one family was run over by a semi in their mini van when they pulled out in front of the guy. Nothing he could do. 5 dead in that one.

I remember them, just don't remember them. Does that make sense? I guess you do kind of condition yourself, either that, or I'm just a f'n weirdo. Probably the latter.

I've personally been shot at 3 times as well. Once by a juvenile delinquent that shot 3 times. (i caught up with him later). Once by a drunk, and I deserved it. Once by an old rancher, and I was an innocent bystander, the old boy thought we were someone we weren't. The only time I went the other way was when the drunk was shooting at me. That was a bad deal.

I've seen natural death as well. It affects me differently, probably because it was family or someone I knew.

I have stories. Mostly because my mouth ran more than it should have. But, you could always count on me to have your back...........even if @SPOONER wouldn't. ;)

Reactions: Hawki97
What? You're babbling more than usual.

There are far too many gun deaths not related to "a life of crime". Your suggestion remains absurd.
Or we actually, once and for all provide necessary resources that give ALL citizens a chance to be successful and don't need to turn to crime. This is a uniquely American experience. Why? Because wealth and white cultural mindsets are having a negative impact with consequences for far too many.
When I referred to a "life of crime", I was reacting to the post above, in which Hawknester used that absurd phrase, Incidentally, I see that you "liked" that post...so it seems that you did read it, you just didn't comprehend it, like so many other posts that react to.

You try hard to put zingers on people here, but a great percentage of the time it is apparent that you simply didn't understand what was being said. So your attempts at "burns" are just laughable...as is this one.

God Damn you're dense. If a criminal has a gun now they can be doing so without having it registered and no ability for authorities to check for it. If ALL guns are required to be registered then the ability to check for registration is something authorities can do. If a gun is registered and given to a criminal the owner of that gun has culpability - thus they may be less likely to give a criminal a gun.

Will this get all guns out of criminals hands? Of course not. It will make it a bit less likely that they get a gun. The all-or-nothing attitude many of you gun lovers use as an excuse to do nothing is exhausting. It will take many coordinated measures to combat this huge issue. But people like you want to do nothing because - muh guns. **** that.

I'm fine with not continuing this discussion - it's a waste of time.
So again, you're naive enough to think authorities will prosecute some hypothetical new gun law, but theyre not prosecuting the current gun laws....whats going to change that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT