ADVERTISEMENT

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006

It wasn’t Black-on-Black crime. Violent video games and rap songs had nothing to do with it; nor did poverty, education, two-parent homes or the international “bootstraps” shortage. When a judge tasked researchers with explaining why Massachusetts’ Black and Latinx incarceration was so high, a four-year study came up with one conclusion.

Racism.

It was always racism.

What they found is the criminal justice system is unequal on every level. Cops in the state are more likely to stop Black drivers. Police are more likely to search or investigate Black residents. Law enforcement agents charge Black suspects with infractions that carry worse penalties. Prosecutors are less likely to offer Black suspects plea bargains or pre-trial intervention. Judges sentence Black defendants to longer terms in prison. And get this: The average white felon in the Massachusetts Department of Corrections has committed a more severe crime than the average Black inmate.
The researchers even looked at poverty rates, the family structures of convicted felons and the neighborhoods they lived in. They eventually decided that the only reasonable explanation that explained the disparities was racism.
The researchers noted that they could not “conclusively isolate the impact of unconscious bias, prejudice, and racism in generating the disparities” precisely because there was so much of it.

It wasn’t Black-on-Black crime. Violent video games and rap songs had nothing to do with it; nor did poverty, education, two-parent homes or the international “bootstraps” shortage. When a judge tasked researchers with explaining why Massachusetts’ Black and Latinx incarceration was so high, a four-year study came up with one conclusion.

Racism.

It was always racism.
I welcome cops to stop me any time they want and search for illegal drugs, see if I have a warrant, or if I am carrying illegal weapons. You can’t get put in prison if you aren’t breaking the law.

tenor.gif

I welcome cops to stop me any time they want and search for illegal drugs, see if I have a warrant, or if I am carrying illegal weapons. You can’t get put in prison if you aren’t breaking the law.
What I gather is white people are better at not getting caught simply because it is easier to blend in because there are more white people than black.

Racism.

It was always racism.
I see they mention latinos and you completely ignore them like most of the media. Why's that?

I think anyone who denies a racial bias isn't happening in the courthouses across the country is either extremely naive or in total denial.
We need to come together and fix this as a nation.

Well, like everything else, it's all about the benjamins.

If you have money, you're more-likely to get a better deal if you find yourself in legal trouble.

Well, like everything else, it's all about the benjamins.

If you have money, you're more-likely to get a better deal if you find yourself in legal trouble.
So, we have a start. Lets fix that.

This is a problem just like any other. Most problems aren't one big thing, just a bunch of smaller ones. Not to downplay this, but each little step we can take moves us closer to a total solution.

I think anyone who denies a racial bias isn't happening in the courthouses across the country is either extremely naive or in total denial.
We need to come together and fix this as a nation.

Maybe, just maybe they are creating more crimes.

The Obama administration cracked down on the schools in St Paul because the "percentages" were off. Black students were being disciplined at a higher percentage. Fines were threatened if they didn't even them out.

Well, St Paul backed off, and then the teachers started getting the crap kicked out of them in school because of no discipline.

There needs to be changes but everyone needs to change.

I look at the Asian population. We threw them in camps during the ww. They are at the top of the heap in income. Why?

How does one become part of Antifa? They just say they are?

I’m Batman.
There are hundreds of Antifa groups on twitter, likely thousands. They announce their meeting times on many of the twitter accounts.

DHS has branded them a domestic terrorist group, so i dont know why anyone would want to join.

There are hundreds of Antifa groups on twitter, likely thousands. They announce their meeting times on many of the twitter accounts.

DHS has branded them a domestic terrorist group, so i dont know why anyone would want to join.
There are people who claim to be vampires on twitter too. Doesn’t mean they are.

Antifa isn’t real guy. Dumb people say they are Antifa to feel better about themselves. It’s a fake organization with no organization.

Sorry.

Reactions: LesClaypool

The Obama administration cracked down on the schools in St Paul because the "percentages" were off. Black students were being disciplined at a higher percentage. Fines were threatened if they didn't even them out.

Well, St Paul backed off, and then the teachers started getting the crap kicked out of them in school because of no discipline.

I look at the Asian population. We threw them in camps during the ww. They are at the top of the heap in income. Why?
I'm guessing you didn't read any of the article. They studied millions of cases.
If 100 people commit similar crimes, 50 are Black and 50 are White, wouldn't you expect the outcomes to be pretty similar? That's just not happening. Everything from the charges to the sentencing is more severe for the Black population.
Once in a while we all need to step back from our normal positions and start from neutral. Not everything can be explained away with more Blacks are criminals.

I’d be shitfaced too if my team lost at home by 17 to a Sunbelt school, but honestly man. Comparing the experiences of Asians and black Americans? Maybe stay off the internet until you sober up.

Sure you can. And yes they have.

However, I will surrender the point that it is SIGNIFICANTLY less likely.

Asians during WW2 are NOT COMPARABLE to what was done to blacks for 350 years.

I'm guessing you didn't read any of the article. They studied millions of cases.
If 100 people commit similar crimes, 50 are Black and 50 are White, wouldn't you expect the outcomes to be pretty similar? That's just not happening. Everything from the charges to the sentencing is more severe for the Black population.
Once in a while we all need to step back from our normal positions and start from neutral. Not everything can be explained away with more Blacks are criminals.

And again, I ask, 97 percent of the people in jail are males, why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT