ADVERTISEMENT

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

Very nice opinion piece there. You look at skin color, I look at poverty groups.

So, which group of current African Americans were stolen and brought over here?

Do we determine where their ancestors were stolen from and give them the opportunity to go back, it sounds like that is what you are wanting.
5ad06c92973fb4e1bc5f139c4480d100.gif

How? He basically accuses all white people of hating black people, I don't believe that.

How is poverty not the cause of lots of problems? No matter what your color.
That's nowhere near what I said. Why don't you educate yourself. Google could help you. Then you won't come on this message board and make people think you're a complete moron.

Last edited:
That's nowhere near what I said. Why don't you educate yourself. Google could help you. Then you won't come on this message board and make people think you're a complete moron.

If a lib thinks I am a complete moron that is actually a plus on this board.

Since you teach phys ed let's educate you a bit on the past. In the late 80s early 90s I worked for a large company and was trying to climb the ladder. I was told I was a white male and that females and minorities would get preferences over me because I was white.

Well, I was honestly ok with that for a few years. It kept happening and happening and again, I was ok with that.

Then I decided to move on to something where I was in control of how I moved up the ladder and how much money I made. It was a good choice for me.

Now 20 to 30 years later we are still hearing it wasnt enough. The Asian group is ahead in pay, good for them. The Indian American group is up there as well.

Seems like there are 5 or 6 minority group that make on average more than white Americans. Good for them they have strong families and value education.

Maybe some other minority groups should look in that direction and quit blaming everyone else for their problems.

Reactions: lr1007
Cops go where they are needed. Draw your own conclusion.
And that still doesn't address much of what the study is about. On average Blacks in prison have committed less serious crime than the average of Whites. On average Blacks are spending nearly 6 months longer in prison than Whites.

This isn't only about the police, it is also about the prosecutors, it is also about the Judges.

Reactions: hawkbirch
And that still doesn't address much of what the study is about. On average Blacks in prison have committed less serious crime than the average of Whites. On average Blacks are spending nearly 6 months longer in prison than Whites.

This isn't only about the police, it is also about the prosecutors, it is also about the Judges.

And the defense attorneys and probation officers. There is room for improvement for every one in the legal system. I feel foolish and so naive for not understanding that it's not enough for me to not be racist. I need to understand that the system within in which I work disproportionately affects minorities and remain committed to finding ways to change that. I get it now in a way that I didn't get it before the recent conversations about race.

Reactions: Gimmered
Harvard is overrated.
This wasn’t really meant as a joke. Harvard is good at some things, but data sciences isn’t one of them. They are well outside the top 25 and rank behind several B1G schools (5 including behind Iowa) last I checked.
MIT is significantly better and right across the street so why ask Harvard to do something they aren’t very good at when MIT is?

Last edited:
This wasn’t really meant as a joke. Harvard is good at some things, but data sciences isn’t one of them. They are well outside the top 25 and rank behind several B1G schools (5 including behind Iowa) last I checked.
MIT is significantly better and right across the street so why ask Harvard to do something they aren’t very good at when MIT is?
Perhaps the funding for the research was available at Harvard.

Reactions: Gimmered
Don't forget teachers and school districts. Racist assholes. Black kids are suspended, expelled, and have much lower performance outcomes. Black kids are also drugged more often in the name of behavior control, get shoved into special education at a much higher rate, and drop out at much higher rates even when they aren't expelled.

The best part is the schools and teachers get to blame the parents as if their own racism isn't culpable.

Can't expect anyone to look at individual cases, only in broad generalizations, to reach conclusions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT