ADVERTISEMENT

A little "Did you know" segment

Hawkeyeinsoutherncalifornia

HR All-American
Mar 9, 2017
Van Nuys, California
After watching the Iowa/MSU Big Championship game from 2015 Gus Johnson pointed out if Iowa would win they would be playing Clemson, not Alabama because at the current pre game and of course during the game Iowa was up 12-9 or 6 can't remember.. the current standings in this order

Week 12 BCS Standings

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Iowa
4 Notre Dame

Outside looking in

5 Oklahoma
6 Michigan State

So Iowa's loss really shook up the standings then but for some reason and I am probably wrong here but I thought many were saying it would of been Iowa vs Alabama not Iowa vs Clemson..

Just thinking out loud if Iowa could of beat Clemson that year (assuming Iowa took care of business against MSU and LJ SCOTT .. I think that's the frosh who somehow got his arm over the pile into the end zone) ❤️ Attack moment of this just didn't happen..

I would of liked our chances against Clemson that year better than Alabama

Reactions: map0514
Ehhh we might have scored at max 15pts that's it even against Clemson chances are it still would of turned out like the rose bowl

Notre Dame was done playing already, so I guess Oklahoma jumped them strictly due to playing in a CCG? Just refreshing my memory (which may be off).

Yeah - the first few years of the playoff showed that the committee only took into account games already finished. The year before (Baylor/TCU fiasco) showed the B12 falling out, because TCU beat the crap out of ISU, but effectively did nothing to improve their resume... you have to win that game to be a playoff contender. The same weekend there were conference championship games that added impressive quality wins to teams like Ohio State, who were able to jump TCU.

The same thing happened to Notre Dame - their resume was better than Oklahoma's until Oklahoma earned a conference championship the last weekend.

Oh the dreams of times gone by. Add them to the what if's, should of's, and we would have won if you hadn't beat us added to the could have's and Hissey fans are gearing for another season. Now lets here some history.

Oh the dreams of times gone by. Add them to the what if's, should of's, and we would have won if you hadn't beat us added to the could have's and Hissey fans are gearing for another season. Now lets here some history.

"Restore the order" again.

ADVERTISEMENT