California 66
Kansas State 63
TCU 58
Clemson 57
Northwestern 53
Washington 51
UCLA 40
Stanford 27
That Nebraska number is exactly why they've caught some bad fish with their wide-sweeping net. No way you can truly get to know this many kids when you make that many offers.

fishysmell-min.jpeg

That Nebraska number is exactly why they've caught some bad fish with their wide-sweeping net. No way you can truly get to know this many kids when you make that many offers.
I like to make fun of their offers too, but we need to offer MORE kids!

1 4* rb and wr with an Iowa offer for 2021, per 247. The 1 WR is the #1 wr in 2021 according to rivals, so might as well forget that one.

That is pretty sad imo!

Reactions: blhawk
I like to make fun of their offers too, but we need to offer MORE kids!

1 4* rb and wr with an Iowa offer for 2021, per 247. The 1 WR is the #1 wr in 2021 according to rivals, so might as well forget that one.

That is pretty sad imo!

Do not understand why Iowa fans care so much about offers per school. Take 2020 for example,Nebraska offered like 500 guys but only offered 5 Iowa commits.

Nebraska finished with the #17 class in Rivals, seems to be working for them.

Do not understand why Iowa fans care so much about offers per school. Take 2020 for example,Nebraska offered like 500 guys but only offered 5 Iowa commits.

JFC. How many times do we have to go over this, Iowa offers kids that are undervalued, still developing so they aren’t in the 4 or 5 star ratings. I’ll take class ratings four and five years down the road after playing in the B1G, which is hard, week in and week out. Iowa has been so close to making it into the play offs if not for an injury in 2009 to Stanzi and a last minute loss to MSU in the B1G championship game in 2015. Iowa has a plan and works that plan for success.

But by all means, continue to put all your stock into those pre play ratings that have gotten you so many wins and titles in this league while disparaging the rest of the league brethren that continue to beat your team on a regular basis.

Reactions: pkongsh

How does their recruiting rank compare with their ranking at the end of the season? You sure it’s working for them?

How does their recruiting rank compare with their ranking at the end of the season? You sure it’s working for them?

Didn’t work for Riley, for Frost we will see. Regardless, not sure why Iowa thinks offering less guys is better or a more honorable thing or something.

Really think Bama with the amount of resources they have should have 60 more offers than Iowa? Sounds like lazy recruiting to me.

JFC. How many times do we have to go over this, Iowa offers kids that are undervalued, still developing so they aren’t in the 4 or 5 star ratings. I’ll take class ratings four and five years down the road after playing in the B1G, which is hard, week in and week out. Iowa has been so close to making it into the play offs if not for an injury in 2009 to Stanzi and a last minute loss to MSU in the B1G championship game in 2015. Iowa has a plan and works that plan for success.

But by all means, continue to put all your stock into those pre play ratings that have gotten you so many wins and titles in this league while disparaging the rest of the league brethren that continue to beat your team on a regular basis.

Cool, Iowa almost won something over 10 years ago and won the West 5 years ago, what a great justification for not going after top talent.

You want to use your rationale for OL and TEs? Okay I’m not gonna doubt Iowa’s recruiting there. But why wouldn’t you want better WRs and RB recruits? Iowa should have 4 star RBs lining up to play in your offense. Haven’t had a true difference maker there in a long long time.

Cool, Iowa almost won something over 10 years ago and won the West 5 years ago, what a great justification for not going after top talent.

You want to use your rationale for OL and TEs? Okay I’m not gonna doubt Iowa’s recruiting there. But why wouldn’t you want better WRs and RB recruits? Iowa should have 4 star RBs lining up to play in your offense. Haven’t had a true difference maker there in a long long time.
It's more than just OL/TE....It's basically everything but rb/wr. What phil continues to do with "nobody" DBs is pretty damn amazing btw.

That said, I'll agree.....RB/WR is what has stopped Iowa from becoming a really good team.

Goodson is legit, and wadley was a ton of fun! That's really about it the past few years though. Thankfully the WR group looks MUCH better, although it'll take more consistency there before I trust the coaches there.

Reactions: WestIAHawk

If losing more games than you win is considered working, then I guess it has worked really well :).

Reactions: PNWHawk
If losing more games than you win is considered working, then I guess it has worked really well :).

Frost has had a transition class and 1 regular class so far on campus. They redshirted like 24 out of 28 guys. He’s got the #15 & #17 class the last 2 years in back to back years. We will see how they develop.

Iowa’s Wide receiver unit is best I have seen in a long time. Also running back position is fairly deep. Guess I would say Iowa’s Doak Walker award winner for top running back in Shonn Greene wasn’t that long ago.

Frost has had a transition class and 1 regular class so far on campus. They redshirted like 24 out of 28 guys. He’s got the #15 & #17 class the last 2 years in back to back years. We will see how they develop.
We had many 1st year and 2nd year guys making plays for us, and they were just sad little 3* types :)

So why don’t u wait to see how they actually develop b4 popping in here to bag on Iowa’s recruiting.

Didn’t work for Riley, for Frost we will see. Regardless, not sure why Iowa thinks offering less guys is better or a more honorable thing or something.

Really think Bama with the amount of resources they have should have 60 more offers than Iowa? Sounds like lazy recruiting to me.
Or maybe Iowa's coaching staff wants to actually get to know their recruits before they offer instead of blindly throwing offers at players based on how many stars they have

Reactions: PNWHawk and pkongsh

I've posted this many, many times - Neb fans bragging about their recruiting while putting ours down just never gets old. Please continue.

The thing about Nebraska’s offers is that they’re bullshit. You can feel safe wiping your ass with it because its worth the same as a coupon - 1/20th of one cent. Its not helping them at all. And it speaks to their laziness on the recruiting trail - instead of making connections with high school coaches and contacting/researching/developing relationships with kids first, they offer everyone and cheapen the process. I doubt Nebraska got anyone extra that wouldn’t have considered them due to lack of an early uncommittable offer.

And we all know Nebraska got a bunch of kids in that last class that are likely to fail despite a high rating because its clear they don’t have an exceptional eye for talent. They’ve been getting kids who are maxed out 1 sport guys, culture problems, and guys who don’t have the work ethic to succeed. It doesn’t help that they don’t have a staff put together that is any good at development either.

I will take Toren Young over Mo Washington. Thanks for bein Nubraska. Looking forward to 6 straight this year.

Iowa’s Wide receiver unit is best I have seen in a long time. Also running back position is fairly deep. Guess I would say Iowa’s Doak Walker award winner for top running back in Shonn Greene wasn’t that long ago.

Shonn Greene was literally 12 years ago.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Shonn Greene was literally 12 years ago.

Would you care to go toe-to-toe on what each program has accomplished since then? Your choice - overall record, head-to-head, national award winners, major bowl appearances, bowl wins over top 20 teams, top 20 finishes, 1st round draft choices....it's up to you. I will concede fancy stars next to recruiting rankings, number of head coaches on salary, off-season hype and players allowed to play while under indictment. Every other area I'd be happy to discuss.

Reactions: cndyman
Or maybe Iowa's coaching staff wants to actually get to know their recruits before they offer instead of blindly throwing offers at players based on how many stars they have
They should get to know a few more of the 4/5* RBs for 2021. I am sure more than 1 is a good person!

If they don't "offer" because the kids "aren't interested" then they better work on their sales pitch!

Would you care to go toe-to-toe on what each program has accomplished since then? Your choice - overall record, head-to-head, national award winners, major bowl appearances, bowl wins over top 20 teams, top 20 finishes, 1st round draft choices....it's up to you. I will concede fancy stars next to recruiting rankings, number of head coaches on salary, off-season hype and players allowed to play while under indictment. Every other area I'd be happy to discuss.

Since 2008

Iowa 92 - 51
Nebraska 85-58

Bowl games

Iowa 5-5
Nebraska 3-5

Not a huge difference there. Top 20 finishes, 1st round picks, record vs Top 25, Im sure they are all better for Iowa. Nebraska has been trash for 5 years.

The point really has less to do with Iowa vs Nebraska,and more not understanding Iowa fans obsession with number of offers and not wanting higher rated recruits. Iowa is a good developer, this is pretty widely accepted, I dont understand why you dont want to develop recruits with a higher ceiling.

You guys seem to act like AJ Epenesa is the only 4 or 5 start recruit in the history of recruiting that isnt a thug, diva, or drama queen. Just dont understand the logic.

I think it is that Iowa actually researches their recruits before they offer and it would seem unrealistic that you would have enough time to research 700 kids that Nebby offers. Iowa does go after 4 and 5 stars and are often the first to offer.

Since 2008

Iowa 92 - 51
Nebraska 85-58

Bowl games

Iowa 5-5
Nebraska 3-5

Not a huge difference there. Top 20 finishes, 1st round picks, record vs Top 25, Im sure they are all better for Iowa. Nebraska has been trash for 5 years.

The point really has less to do with Iowa vs Nebraska,and more not understanding Iowa fans obsession with number of offers and not wanting higher rated recruits. Iowa is a good developer, this is pretty widely accepted, I dont understand why you dont want to develop recruits with a higher ceiling.

You guys seem to act like AJ Epenesa is the only 4 or 5 start recruit in the history of recruiting that isnt a thug, diva, or drama queen. Just dont understand the logic.

Thank you for confirming that Iowa and Nebraska's programs are worlds apart at this time. You gave data on the only two points that they are even close on and tried to pass that off as them being fairly equal - you lose.

It is pretty clear that Nebraska's shotgun approach to recruiting has been a failure, based not on their ultimate final recruiting rankings every year, but by their poor performance on the field and behavior/legal issues with their players well above the norm. Iowa, on the other hand, specifically seeks out players that they know will do well in their program, and not focusing on who the so-called gurus say are the best players with the highest ceilings. Their approach has clearly been superior. Sending out several hundred additional scholarship offers just to show that they are after top talent would likely be detrimental to what has worked for them.

In short, Iowa's coaching staff is just plain better at the recruiting game.

Nebraska has put out by far the most offers in the country - about double the median and about 100 more than the team ranked #8. This has been the norm for a while now; yet Neb has had zero impact players in recent memory, along with multiple undesirable headlines. I find it odd that that is not alarming to more Neb fans. Any objective observer would have to come to the conclusion that you're doing it wrong.

LOL

Nebraska has the coach they wanted, with a long contract and job security. They have their idea on how to recruit. We will see how this plays out on the field soon. By years three and four the team will start being what he wants. I think they will be a much different team going forward than what we have seen in the past several years. How good? All speculation at this point. What was everyone's opinion on how Kirk would be after year two? Lot's of varying opinions on him at the time.

Frost hasn’t developed the highly ranked talent that was left over from Riley so what makes you think he will magically do it with his guys?

Iowa just blasted a team that has averaged top 10 recruiting classes and had a #1 recruiting class a couple years ago. They blasted OSU a couple of years ago. They have been within a score of PSU for the past 3 years and a case could be made they should have won two of them. Forgive us for not buying into the hype that Nebraska is going to all of a sudden be better than all those teams with “worse” recruiting classes.

Nebraska has to fix its culture. Husker fans should be embarrassed by some of their defenders. Dismuke being the main one. Got owned in the open field by Goodson last year and two plays later, got up in Goodson’s grill talking shit after Goodson ran for another 12 yards. After watching some tape of of Nebraska’s recruits, that culture isn’t going to change anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT