ADVERTISEMENT

A look back before the season starts

Reactions: TarpHawk and jrod65
Forgot about that first bs stall call on Warner, second was questionable as well.

Last season started so promising with the “We’re all back” poster, then the injury train took a lot of excitement out of the season. Lee obviously not looking right, Kemerer banged up and Eirman as well. Hoping for 10 healthy hawks this season.
There is no way that will happen. Iowa seems to have key starters injured every year for the last decade.

22-23 season is almost here! Before it starts, was curious about everyone's memorable matches from last year. Here's a couple of mine:

Drake's incredible 3rd period comeback:

Jacob Warner semi-finals win:

Almost forgot about how huge that Warner match was. Wasn’t the streak of Iowa’s finalists on the line there? Crazy set of backs he got. After getting taken down I thought for certain he’d lose that match. Awesome semi.

I forgot about that match. Drake was essentially down 8-0 with under 1:40 to go and he won 14-10. Can‘t wait until he’s back to 100%.
he’s pretty slick hope he gets back to 💯 as well …… is he likely redshirting this year?

Almost forgot about how huge that Warner match was. Wasn’t the streak of Iowa’s finalists on the line there? Crazy set of backs he got. After getting taken down I thought for certain he’d lose that match. Awesome semi.
That was straight out of Spencers playbook.

Reactions: Iowabandwagon
he’s pretty slick hope he gets back to 💯 as well …… is he likely redshirting this year?
He's got a gas tank! This rs year should really help him. I'd be surprised if he's not another Hawk NC at some point.
I'm hearing he is redshirting, my secret source (HR) tells me that. 😝

Q. How would you assess battles at 33, 57, 74 at this point?

TOM BRANDS: 33, three guys there. Teske, Schriever, Ybarra. No prediction.

57, I think we're in good hands with all those. It's exciting. 57, Siebrecht and we'll see what happens with Reyna and Rathjen. Joe Kelly is certified there. That's interesting and exciting.

74, you have Swafford and Brands, both Iowa products. That's exciting.

How would I assess it? It's assess it as being incredibly exciting.

I know of one all-star match up that may not happen…. This shit never seems to stop with us. And please spare us the “over training” garbage if you’re ready to jump on that narrative.
How many all star match ups do we have?

They announced that Terakuna is replacing Courtney at 125 today so you have to assume he is still in it at this time.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT