ADVERTISEMENT

A military plane carrying enough specialty infant formula for more than half a million baby bottles arrived Sunday in Indianapolis

It's weird the government can get this done but not the free market.
Hot take right here.

Let me get this straight.

A crisis created in large part by the FDA dragging ass and not clearing the way for imports MONTHS ago AND having to use the MILITARY to help alleviate said crisis is an example of good government?

That’s got to be the hottest of hot takes right there.

Last edited:
Hot take right here.

A crisis created in large part by the FDA dragging ass and not clearing the way for imports MONTHS ago AND having to use the MILITARY to help alleviate said crisis is an example of good government?

Yeah, it’s good they have a solution now but I wouldn’t be bragging about it and doing photo ops. Very Trumpian.

I'm convinced this would have been major drama under Trump and I'm glad it's being taken care of under Biden. Again, a big reason I voted for him.
That is one of my favorite takes. "If this happened under Trump it would be much worse". Except, none of it happened under Trump. It happened under Biden. There may or may not be a reason for that.

That is one of my favorite takes. "If this happened under Trump it would be much worse". Except, none of it happened under Trump. It happened under Biden. There may or may not be a reason for that.
Trump’s track record on GSD is not exactly bad. Dems just assume vaccines appear right after trials. They should really educate themselves on the Trump administration’s handling of Covid (instead of gawking over press conferences). He also more or less kept his campaign promises 🤷‍♂️

Trump’s track record on GSD is not exactly bad. Dems just assume vaccines appear right after trials. They should really educate themselves on the Trump administration’s handling of Covid (instead of gawking over press conferences). He also more or less kept his campaign promises 🤷‍♂️
Trump was a good president. Everything he's done since the election has been bullshit and ruined himself. Imo

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Hot take right here.

So, your hot take is the government is now responsible for the manufacturing and distribution of baby formula?
1. Issues at the Abbott facility are their responsibility. It didn’t happen overnight.
2. Yes, this was brewing, and Abbott had the power to throw their resources at the issue.
3. The other manufacturers had plenty of warning to ramp up their production, but did not.
4. Suppliers and manufacturers are not constrained from having an ample supply on hand in case of emergencies. There is no requirement to have everything on a JIT schedule.

So, your hot take is the government is now responsible for the manufacturing and distribution of baby formula?
1. Issues at the Abbott facility are their responsibility. It didn’t happen overnight.
2. Yes, this was brewing, and Abbott had the power to throw their resources at the issue.
3. The other manufacturers had plenty of warning to ramp up their production, but did not.
4. Suppliers and manufacturers are not constrained from having an ample supply on hand in case of emergencies. There is no requirement to have everything on a JIT schedule.

Oh, yeah... the regulators had NOTHING to do with this. Squarely on the shoulders of "big business"....

:rolleyes:

It's weird the government can get this done but not the free market.
I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or just totally oblivious that the US Government does not allow baby formula to be imported from Europe.

This didn't happen during the Trump administration, but I did see how he responded to other crises. Responsibility and action is why I voted for Biden

Reactions: BelemNole
Oh, yeah... the regulators had NOTHING to do with this. Squarely on the shoulders of "big business"....

:rolleyes:
Yes. They should be expected to run a clean plant.
This story exemplifies just how goofy the party of personal responsibility has fallen. It isn’t too much to ask for Abbott to run a clean plant, or for any of the manufacturers to have a 6 month supply on hand to rotate through. Just keep rotating the stock.

Private companies share the blame but the FDA dropped the ball. Why do you think they’re relaxing restring now.

There’s also WIC issue…where states basically facilitate

FDA should have lessened restrictions on imports months ago….military wouldn’t need to be air lifting formula if they had.

It’s all in this NPR piece

Last edited:
Yes, great job recognizing a shortage back in November that became a crisis in April and finding a solution in June. Just about right for you American hating but government loving types.
This could be a greater country if insurrectionists would just love our government.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT