ADVERTISEMENT

A note from Adam Jacobi, publisher and editor-in-chief

I like the Black Heart Gold Pants connection as I've always enjoyed that site,.. The king is dead, long live the king!

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif
Absolutely. Accessibility has never been higher, which in turn is resulting in volume of great music never being higher.

Today's music, oh wait - is it music?? Certainly not rock and roll. Ever since rap hit the scene it sucks. Most of it has no beat, or like rap, no tune at all.
I wish I could say I was surprised by this type of response.....but im not.

Wasn’t there a Tucson Hawk and The Sarge back on the Hawks Nest?
Yes, TucsonHawk and The Sarge were among the many great posters at the Hawks Nest. Other favorites of mine were HawkInLittleRock, HauxFan, Hawkihoops, Deke, H I McDonnough, DonnyDonvan, and so many others. CrHawkeye ran the site and did an excellent job. DanL was a prolific poster for several years, before moving over to this site.

Every message board needs a good villain, and the Hawks Nest had a few, including Big Dog and Quincy. Jon Miller didn’t post much, but he was also considered a villain after his attempt at a hostile takeover of the board in its early years.

Anyway, it was a fun online community, and I miss it. It actually still exists in a remote corner of the interwebs, accessible to those who know how to find it. But there’s only about one post every 2-3 months.

Reactions: JStandefer
ADVERTISEMENT