ADVERTISEMENT

A parent just refused to have her kid do part of my online lesson.

I have found on this board that people who rip teachers usually had a negative experience at some point with a teacher and/or find the random examples online of bad teaching and then project that on to all teachers.

Obviously, teaching, like any profession, is going to have bad apples. Sometimes, that's on the parents also for finding the strangest things to object to. It's also on the teachers for not always thinking a project thru, like the one that was mentioned a few weeks back about a teacher asking students to think like a slave, or whatever the specifics were. I can understand the attempt to present the material in a new and creative way, but clearly that was one that wasn't fully thought through. And of course you've got some who are just in it for the paycheck

Barring extraordinary circumstances, politics should never be discussed outside the social studies department, and even there, primarily in the American Government/Civics classes.
So were you at one time a drunk_teacher?

If so did you drunk_teacher while working?

Reactions: sober_teacher
The other day the child told another kid, who was really excited about his Halloween costume - he had already picked it out - that he didn't believe in God because he liked Halloween. The other kid said, "I don't even know what you are talking about.", and the principal had to tell the religious kid to stop. He could believe anything he wanted but not to tell other kids how to think. Paraphrasing.

Did you tell the kid, don't worry...you're going to be doing your best to make sure Halloween is cancelled this year.
Too dangerous...

Reactions: Silentobservance.
Did you tell the kid, don't worry...you're going to be doing your best to make sure Halloween is cancelled this year.
Too dangerous...
source.gif

Completely true..

were it not for he told me to shut up because he didn't like me expressing my divergent view...

other than that...

you are spot on
Completely true that it's a moronic assumption on your part.

Lol - that dude is off the rails. Sounds real similar to Tom Paris' parent.

I applaud any education that is encouraging “Observe. Ask questions. Have empathy. Show compassion.” Objecting to this is nonsense.

If you're gonna take small clips from the article out of the context they were used in, then I'm sure you won't have any problem with the following words from that article where the context is clear:

"Parents should be in charge of their children’s moral and ethical education, and if parents want CRT taught to their kids, let them teach it at home. Just as I wouldn’t impose my Catholic faith on other people’s children, I don’t want their CRT cult imposed on mine"

If you're gonna take small clips from the article out of the context they were used in, then I'm sure you won't have any problem with the following words from that article where the context is clear:

"Parents should be in charge of their children’s moral and ethical education, and if parents want CRT taught to their kids, let them teach it at home. Just as I wouldn’t impose my Catholic faith on other people’s children, I don’t want their CRT cult imposed on mine"
That's one opinion. So what?

Others don't see it as teaching morals and ethics at all.

I'm sure Paris could figure out how to give it political bias. He's probably one of these new age nut jobs that thinks 2+2 can equal 3 or 5.
No that wouldn't be political bias that would just be incorrect. He's not teaching History, Ethics, etc. P.E. is basically stay active and don't eat like a hog or too much sugar.
We come in contact with people we don't like or agree with every day. School is the perfect time to get use to it. Teachers didn't shape my ethics or political beliefs as a kid. It was mainly my parents. Strong Reagan Republicans. Sure I had some hippy teachers but it all canceled itself out.

That's one opinion. So what?

Others don't see it as teaching morals and ethics at all.

Well I agree with you on this one...

teaching a recently created liberal concoction of a new whacky liberal pseudo science theory...

is not the same as teaching real ethics and morals

For the record, for those of us who think I push ideology, my 5th graders were just waiting for lunch. One kid has Trump socks on. Kids started arguing politics. A girl asked the kid in Trump socks if he was voting for Trump. He said repeatedly, "I'm not saying." I said to the kids, "It's our American right to not tell anybody who we are voting for, right (Trump socks kid)?"

Then a kid walked by and said to me that anybody who votes for Biden is stupid. I didn't make a face. I didn't say a single word. Again, it isn't my job.

For the record, for those of us who think I push ideology, my 5th graders were just waiting for lunch. One kid has Trump socks on. Kids started arguing politics. A girl asked the kid in Trump socks if he was voting for Trump. He said repeatedly, "I'm not saying." I said to the kids, "It's our American right to not tell anybody who we are voting for, right (Trump socks kid)?"

Then a kid walked by and said to me that anybody who votes for Biden is stupid. I didn't make a face. I didn't say a single word. Again, it isn't my job.

Did the Democrats get the voter age lowered?

That would be it. I didn't know it was on normal youtube now. I got permission from the teacher in England who made a Netflex channel to use it...she gave me the Netflex link in the spring. Full of cool workouts for elementary aged kids. One parent sent me back a pic of her 3 year old posing with his big brother after doing this workout.
I'd like to share this with our PE teacher....Where in the netflex world would I find this?

Grading/providing feedback to all the kids that are turning in lessons. Some people don't seem to understand that teachers put in hours at night time. I have to to keep up with this hybrid teaching.

No wonder you’re always pissed ;)

ADVERTISEMENT