ADVERTISEMENT

A parent just refused to have her kid do part of my online lesson.

image.jpg

Can we get some background info?
That's all I got. I posted my lesson for the week. The guy who just played Black Panther died of cancer. It a cartoon workout video in a group of super hero workout videos. I picked that one. A parent replied what I posted. I had no idea a super hero could offend someone. Harry Potter? Yes. Super heroes? No idea. Other than that I know nothing about the family other than the boy is a nice kid.

Reactions: goldmom
That's all I got. I posted my lesson for the week. The guy who just played Black Panther died of cancer. It a cartoon workout video in a group of super hero workout videos. I picked that one. A parent replied what I posted. I had no idea a super hero could offend someone. Harry Potter? Yes. Super heroes? No idea. Other than that I know nothing about the family other than the boy is a nice kid.
Seems silly, idk what to tell you.

Reactions: Tom Paris
She apparently "has a big problem" with the Black Panther workout part of the activities. What the everliving hell is wrong with people? I am so over ridiculousness in people these days.

Do I have enough info here to make English out of it?

The fact that OP is teaching causes me concern.
No shit. You get some asshole whose liberal parents send him to college and he gets indoctrinated while getting all Cs and a degree, then hes at school teaching your kid the black panther workout. What are we even sending kids to school for?

Reactions: INXS83
Why did you not attend college?
Is this your attempt at an insult? I graduated U of I 2003. Definitely not a secondary education degree though. I wanted to make some money. Not that it matters though. My 3 brothers didn’t go to college and are making a tone of money in the trades. Thats the way to go.

Is this your attempt at an insult? I graduated U of I 2003. Definitely not a secondary education degree though. I wanted to make some money. Not that it matters though. My 3 brothers didn’t go to college and are making a tone of money in the trades. Thats the way to go.

Not at all. Your insult post of TP dripped with animosity towards the educated. I would suggest that the concept of what is a ton of money is very subjective

Violence? Plenty of violence in marvel movies. Some sex. If the kids are elementary age I suppose that could be it? IDK. Or maybe the parent isn't familiar with Marvel black panther.

Sounds like the parent could use the White Panther treatment

s-l1600.jpg
What I wanna know is exactly how you knew this was a thing. And so much so that you immediately thought of it when you read this thread.

I have to believe it was this video. Looks sorta fun, for kids. There isn't anything remotely objectionable here.
That would be it. I didn't know it was on normal youtube now. I got permission from the teacher in England who made a Netflex channel to use it...she gave me the Netflex link in the spring. Full of cool workouts for elementary aged kids. One parent sent me back a pic of her 3 year old posing with his big brother after doing this workout.

ADVERTISEMENT