ADVERTISEMENT

A parent just refused to have her kid do part of my online lesson.

She apparently "has a big problem" with the Black Panther workout part of the activities. What the everliving hell is wrong with people? I am so over ridiculousness in people these days.
My cousin teaches PE and was doing a virtual lesson on hand washing/sanitization. As part of it he was showing a video he created on how to wash your mask. All of a sudden a dad jumps on the Zoom out of nowhere and shouts, "(daughter's first and last name) will absolutely NOT watch this video, she will NOT be wearing a mask!" SMDH.

My cousin teaches PE and was doing a virtual lesson on hand washing/sanitization. As part of it he was showing a video he created on how to wash your mask. All of a sudden a dad jumps on the Zoom out of nowhere and shouts, "(daughter's first and last name) will absolutely NOT watch this video, she will NOT be wearing a mask!" SMDH.
More liberal indoctrination. Lol.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Grading/providing feedback to all the kids that are turning in lessons. Some people don't seem to understand that teachers put in hours at night time. I have to to keep up with this hybrid teaching.
I'm sorry. I forgot The Acknowledgement of Labour prior to demanding your Intellectual and Emotional Labour.

Be kind...

OP might have autism.

Why otherwise would he so limitedly communicate thought

It must suck to go through life being wrong about virtually everything.
I am sure you keep your lunatic left ideas out of the classroom. Parents should get a link to this board to see who is teaching their children

Tom Paris, why not just ask the reason for the objection. It might be something you never thought of.

I would consider this, but I've seen these videos, I think my kids do them. They are if I remember right just poorly done CGI of a super hero in uniform having kids do a short workout.

I'm guessing it's probably this.

My kids seem to like the spiderman one.

So based on that I am guessing it's probably something racist or something crazy. Cause I'm having trouble looking at that and finding something that someone would find offensive that isn't racist.

Last edited:
Tom Paris, why not just ask the reason for the objection. It might be something you never thought of.
Believe me...I would love to know. That's not what my boss told me to do. She said she would talk to me today because they are "ultra sensitive". Apparently she complains about stuff on Facebook a lot.

I would be very shocked if it was a reason that wasn't ridiculous...like you imply it could be. Possible? Yes. But highly unlikely.

Is this your attempt at an insult? I graduated U of I 2003. Definitely not a secondary education degree though. I wanted to make some money. Not that it matters though. My 3 brothers didn’t go to college and are making a tone of money in the trades. Thats the way to go.
And you are still this stupid? My U of I degree feels a little less valuable knowing this. Woulda bet GED tops with all the dumb shit you type.

I am sure you keep your lunatic left ideas out of the classroom. Parents should get a link to this board to see who is teaching their children
Ask Tom. Or ask Goldmom what parents think of me as a teacher. It was explained to her after she posted something similar to what you say here. I appreciate, even though she and I don't agree on a lot, she doesn't bring my job into the conversation anymore.

I NEVER talk politics. EVER. It isn't my job, no matter what you guys on the radical right think we teachers do to indoctrinate kids. It's fake news. So just stop with this because you're making stuff up and as wrong as you could be. Not everything is about political views, so don't try to tie it into my job. Thank you.

Last edited:
Ask Tom. Or ask Goldmom what parents think of me as a teacher. It was explained to her after she posted something similar to what you say here. I appreciate that, even though she and I don't agree on a lot, she doesn't bring my job into the conversation anymore.

I NEVER talk politics. EVER. It isn't my job, no matter what you guys on the radical right think we teachers do to indoctrinate kids. It's fake news. So just stop with this because you're making stuff up and as wrong as you could be. Not everything is about political views, so don't try to tie it into my job. Thank you.
Her opinion means less than nothing but by your posts it's clear you are a caring, committed educator..... hopefully my nephews and niece have teachers like you.

Believe me...I would love to know. That's not what my boss told me to do. She said she would talk to me today because they are "ultra sensitive". Apparently she complains about stuff on Facebook a lot.

I would be very shocked if it was a reason that wasn't ridiculous...like you imply it could be. Possible? Yes. But highly unlikely.

The only non racist thing I can think of is there are some extremist Christians who pretty much oppose any form of entertainment (including music and movies) that isn't explicitly Christian in nature.

That said these kinds of people almost exclusively homeschool their kids, so I would be more than shocked to see one in a public school.

Ask Tom. Or ask Goldmom what parents think of me as a teacher. It was explained to her after she posted something similar to what you say here. I appreciate that, even though she and I don't agree on a lot, she doesn't bring my job into the conversation anymore.

You and I are about the same age so it's obviously been 20 years but the only teacher I ever had pre-college who discussed politics in the classroom was a hardcore conservative.

And I should point out that I believe that conservatives were complaining about liberal indoctrination for a lot longer than 20 years.

In college it was only briefly discussed by a econ professor and it was discussed extensively by a political science professor. But it was after all a political science class.

Reactions: Tom Paris
You and I are about the same age so it's obviously been 20 years but the only teacher I ever had pre-college who discussed politics in the classroom was a hardcore conservative.

And I should point out that I believe that conservatives were complaining about liberal indoctrination for a lot longer than 20 years.

In college it was only briefly discussed by a econ professor and it was discussed extensively by a political science professor. But it was after all a political science class.
Same. The only time I think a teacher should be discussing it is in Government class. I have had kids ask me about Trump a couple of times and I say "Ask your parents."

Her opinion means less than nothing but by your posts it's clear you are a caring, committed educator..... hopefully my nephews and niece have teachers like you.
Thank you. The thing that's funny to me is that guys who don't like me on here because of my political views probably have children who would love me as their teacher.

Reactions: torbee and ping72
I was briefly a history/social studies teacher and I was hyper-sensitive about politics.

I very rarely came close to discussing it, but when I did I made sure to present both viewpoints and not tell them which way I sided.

Good for you. Seriously, thank you for not doing so. But please don't pretend there aren't plenty of teachers that do. With 3 kids ranging from 14-18, we've had more than our fair share of teachers who couldn't help themselves very frequently go off the rails on politics in the classroom.

No shit. You get some asshole whose liberal parents send him to college and he gets indoctrinated while getting all Cs and a degree, then hes at school teaching your kid the black panther workout. What are we even sending kids to school for?
So they aren't as stupid as you.

Reactions: torbee
Good for you. Seriously, thank you for not doing so. But please don't pretend there aren't plenty of teachers that do. With 3 kids ranging from 14-18, we've had more than our fair share of teachers who couldn't help themselves very frequently go off the rails on politics in the classroom.
I know of one I have worked with - crazy woman...like literally batshit - made a comment about Trump, dad was RIGHTFULLY pissed and had his kid pulled from her class.

I hate Trump and I have zero problem with this. Other than that I don't know other teachers who do and I KNOW this is totally exaggerated by the Republicans.

You did the right thing by managing upward. Your boss should find out the reason for the objection. It might be an education opportunity for your boss, or even the parent.

We all should endeavor to understand why people think differently than we do.

It was only a little over 400 years ago that everyone thought Galileo was crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkfan0319
I know of one I have worked with - crazy woman...like literally batshit - made a comment about Trump, dad was RIGHTFULLY pissed and had his kid pulled from her class.

I hate Trump and I have zero problem with this. Other than that I don't know other teachers who do and I KNOW this is totally exaggerated by the Republicans.
We have had a total of 3 who were over the top. 1 was batshit and my daughter had her for two years bc of looping. We don't indoctrinate our kids and rarely talk politics at home. All three teachers lost our kid's respect bc 50% of their classes became political rants.
The one my daughter had would play CNN throughout the day and have frequent outbursts when something on TV triggered her. I can't believe I kept my daughter in her class. We thought of it as a life lesson at the time, turned out it just made for 2 awful years of school.

Ask Tom. Or ask Goldmom what parents think of me as a teacher. It was explained to her after she posted something similar to what you say here. I appreciate, even though she and I don't agree on a lot, she doesn't bring my job into the conversation anymore.

I believe this about you. I also think that these parents sound nuts. Sounds like a fun lesson

I will say that virtual learning has allowed parents to have a better grasp of what the hell goes on in the classroom which is good.

Reactions: B1G
I would consider this, but I've seen these videos, I think my kids do them. They are if I remember right just poorly done CGI of a super hero in uniform having kids do a short workout.

I'm guessing it's probably this.

My kids seem to like the spiderman one.

So based on that I am guessing it's probably something racist or something crazy. Cause I'm having trouble looking at that and finding something that someone would find offensive that isn't racist.
I watched some of the video. Maybe the objection is that most of the moves are fighting moves?

Update - it's religious based. They feel he is demonic. Halloween, costumes, wearing masks - for covid, dress up days like "Pirate Day" are offensive to them. Our PTA picked out a Disney movie for our outside movie night last year and mom complained to our principal about the characters being demons.

Principal was grilled by them in a long meeting about her religion before they would send their kid here.

Update - it's religious based. They feel he is demonic. Halloween, costumes, wearing masks - for covid, dress up days like "Pirate Day" are offensive to them. Our PTA picked out a Disney movie for our outside movie night last year and mom complained to our principal about the characters being demons.

Principal was grilled by them in a long meeting about her religion before they would send their kid here.

You can't please all the people all of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT