ADVERTISEMENT

A parent just refused to have her kid do part of my online lesson.

You and I are about the same age so it's obviously been 20 years but the only teacher I ever had pre-college who discussed politics in the classroom was a hardcore conservative.

And I should point out that I believe that conservatives were complaining about liberal indoctrination for a lot longer than 20 years.

In college it was only briefly discussed by a econ professor and it was discussed extensively by a political science professor. But it was after all a political science class.
I agree. Cons have been bitching about the "Ivory Tower" and liberal indoctrination for longer than 20 years. It used to piss me off and I'd deride it as baseless nonsense. Having spent time around the Ivory Tower in the last 10 years, though, there is now definitely a lack of critical thinking being taught. It has been replaced by various forms of Critical Theory. This is where having Trump being the one to fight it is so bizarre. He's a shithead fighting shitheads. I want him out but, once he is (God willing), I'm not confident those who opposed him will recognize the damage wrought by this other vile theology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Banditking
I don't read most threads. In fact if I find someone boringly repetitive and devoid of humor or incite I'll block them.
I'm curious about what makes some folks tick. What's the point of communication if I don't learn things from interacting with people. Or at least get a laugh out of it.

I’m here for the sports, which is why I’ve posted here for over 2 decades. I love the Hawks.

I do truly enjoy learning via interaction, and that plays out in the rest of my personal and professional life. Similar to Facebook, HROT really only helps to identify the crazies, although sometimes there are exceptions. And I do laugh hard sometimes, just not near enough to read all these stupid political threads.

It’s why I’ve advocated for a separate political forum for years, but it would kill traffic because many good posters have left.

I’m here for the sports, which is why I’ve posted here for over 2 decades. I love the Hawks.

I do truly enjoy learning via interaction, and that plays out in the rest of my personal and professional life. Similar to Facebook, HROT really only helps to identify the crazies, although sometimes there are exceptions. And I do laugh hard sometimes, just not near enough to read all these stupid political threads.

It’s why I’ve advocated for a separate political forum for years, but it would kill traffic because many good posters have left.
Facebook is a wasteland it's become social influencing non sense. IM is the only thing of value to me.
I go through my periods of engagement with HROT. But mostly here for the sports as well. Reading the collection of idoits argue is a good chuckle and passes the time between gamedays.

That's kinda what's weird. Violence is real. Witchcraft is not real. At least not according to public school curricula.

You shut your dirty mouth, it is real.

a8adb1b3153ef537bec58a05be02b5c21dc68de5cc3c63db3cd2753632548d06.jpg

Update - it's religious based. They feel he is demonic. Halloween, costumes, wearing masks - for covid, dress up days like "Pirate Day" are offensive to them. Our PTA picked out a Disney movie for our outside movie night last year and mom complained to our principal about the characters being demons.

Principal was grilled by them in a long meeting about her religion before they would send their kid here.

So did any of the knuckleheads apoloize for being idiots and insulting you or did they all just double down on their stupid assumptions?

I am talking about the ones on HROT. You can't fix the parents.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Facebook is a wasteland it's become social influencing non sense. IM is the only thing of value to me.
I go through my periods of engagement with HROT. But mostly here for the sports as well. Reading the collection of idoits argue is a good chuckle and passes the time between gamedays.

4_90.jpg

Reactions: JohnBasedow
What I don't understand is, when you have people like this, shouldn't they WANT things their children to be taught ideas and issues that they oppose?

It does 2 things. First, it gives their child the opportunity to learn both sides and why the other side goes against what they believe which would give them the chance to some day, have a rational, logical discussion with solid viewpoints.

Second, it gives their children the chance to be exposed to the opposing side of the issue so, when their child gets home, they can have a discussion as to why the other side is wrong and expound on their side of the issue and why it goes against what they believe, because they obviously feel strongly about the issue. Again, it gives their child a deeper understanding of the issue and can have a logical, rational discussion some day.

Another thing that I hope happens is that the child DOES get this deeper understanding of the issue and some day realize that their parents are whack jobs, or at the very least, be able to form their own stance on the issue based on information from both sides instead of just going along with the nut jobs because their parents are nut jobs.

Reactions: nelly02
What I don't understand is, when you have people like this, shouldn't they WANT things their children to be taught ideas and issues that they oppose?

It does 2 things. First, it gives their child the opportunity to learn both sides and why the other side goes against what they believe which would give them the chance to some day, have a rational, logical discussion with solid viewpoints.

Second, it gives their children the chance to be exposed to the opposing side of the issue so, when their child gets home, they can have a discussion as to why the other side is wrong and expound on their side of the issue and why it goes against what they believe, because they obviously feel strongly about the issue. Again, it gives their child a deeper understanding of the issue and can have a logical, rational discussion some day.

Another thing that I hope happens is that the child DOES get this deeper understanding of the issue and some day realize that their parents are whack jobs, or at the very least, be able to form their own stance on the issue based on information from both sides instead of just going along with the nut jobs because their parents are nut jobs.
The other day the child told another kid, who was really excited about his Halloween costume - he had already picked it out - that he didn't believe in God because he liked Halloween. The other kid said, "I don't even know what you are talking about.", and the principal had to tell the religious kid to stop. He could believe anything he wanted but not to tell other kids how to think. Paraphrasing.

Reactions: Parker D
The other day the child told another kid, who was really excited about his Halloween costume - he had already picked it out - that he didn't believe in God because he liked Halloween. The other kid said, "I don't even know what you are talking about.", and the principal had to tell the religious kid to stop. He could believe anything he wanted but not to tell other kids how to think. Paraphrasing.

Love it when a liberal paraphrases a conversation he didn't hear anyway

Love it when a liberal exposes his actual opinion on freedom of speech and diversity of thought
Wait - you think it's OK for an 8 year old kid to mock another 8 year old kid from their Halloween costume and tell them they don't believe in God? That this kid should be able to go around a public school advocating and pressuring other kids toward his one "true" religious beliefs.

GTFO. That's ridiculous.

Wait - you think it's OK for an 8 year old kid to mock another 8 year old kid from their Halloween costume and tell them they don't believe in God? That this kid should be able to go around a public school advocating and pressuring other kids toward his one "true" religious beliefs.

GTFO. That's ridiculous.

Did I say that?

Even in kindergartens

Lol - that dude is off the rails. Sounds real similar to Tom Paris' parent.

I applaud any education that is encouraging “Observe. Ask questions. Have empathy. Show compassion.” Objecting to this is nonsense.

Yes. Not those exact words, of course, but that's the logical conclusion. Feel free to re-state your position if that's not correct.

Easily.

A liberal "teacher" told me to shut up.

I pointed out that he had just exposed his true beliefs on freedom of speech and diversity of thought.

Thank you Next...

Reactions: doughuddl2
Easily.

A liberal "teacher" told me to shut up.

I pointed out that he had just exposed his true beliefs on freedom of speech and diversity of thought.

Thank you Next...
Oh. Well, that's just moronic. He gave no such indications of his beliefs with that statement.

Oh. Well, that's just moronic. He gave no such indications of his beliefs with that statement.

Completely true..

were it not for he told me to shut up because he didn't like me expressing my divergent view...

other than that...

you are spot on

ADVERTISEMENT