ADVERTISEMENT

A perfect encapsulation of the GOP approach to "governing"

LOL, torbee posting that about the West Virginia Governor...It's not even the least bit offensive, but was done tongue & cheek to an abjectly awful comment made by a liberal celebrity.

Awesomeness.

Which is worse?

Bette Midler - "West Virginians are poor, illiterate, & strung out."

West Virg Gov - "Bette Midler, you can kiss my dog's hiney."
Is she wrong?

Graphic of the 10 poorest states in the U.S.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the national poverty rate was 11.4% in 2020. This is the first increase in poverty after five annual declines. These states and territories have the highest percentages of poverty in the country: Mississippi, Louisiana, New Mexico, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alabama, the District of Columbia, South Carolina, and Georgia.
1870illiteracy.png

ODs.png

I thought we were talking about being a 'boorish, rude asshole'.

Yes, Bette Midler is apparently both of those.

Good to see painting with recklessly broad brushes is ok, depending on who were insulting...

Is she wrong?

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the national poverty rate was 11.4% in 2020. This is the first increase in poverty after five annual declines. These states and territories have the highest percentages of poverty in the country: Mississippi, Louisiana, New Mexico, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alabama, the District of Columbia, South Carolina, and Georgia.
1870illiteracy.png

ODs.png
t

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
That response was not needed. He brought his dog in. It was an act.
Sure. Sounds like the joke went over just fine.

Good move by the Governor. Endearing himself to the people of West Virginia against people that have insulted them is probably a smart move on his part.

Good move by the Governor. Endearing himself to the people of West Virginia against people that have insulted them is probably a smart move on his part.
There’s a reason we are so divided.

Actually, I am wrong.

There are two things that perfectly encapsulate the GOP strategy on governing now. Having zero platform AND being a boorish, rude asshole in public settings:

snapshot-2022-01-27T171153.781.jpg

My apologies for missing plank 2 (of 2) of the 2022 Republican Party Platform.
I guess this is a new con way of showing who and what you are, correct governor.

Last edited:
Reactions: torbee

Yes, he essentially agreed they suck, but the people of WV are used to it, hell they revel in it.

We suck bigly!

Is she wrong?

1870illiteracy.png

ODs.png
"Shithole countries"

So gaping dog assholes in person on the floor of the West Virginia statehouse are OK in your book, but typing about them on the internet is disgusting?

Interesting world view you got there, Beaver.
Totally dishonest assessment, but whatever. I'll let your insinuation that I'm into some kind of strange form of beastiality be the takeaway from you otherwise trying to lecture us on bettering our level of public discourse. You win.

You called her a Karen. If there was just one word to describe a Karen, it would be ‘bitch’.
If there is one thing I know, it's bitches. One can be a bitch and not be a Karen. I don't you can be a Karen without also being a bitch.

Reactions: torbee
So gaping dog assholes in person on the floor of the West Virginia statehouse are OK in your book, but typing about them on the internet is disgusting?

Interesting world view you got there, Beaver.
That’s dog’s asshole wasn’t gaping. Not in my estimation, anyway.

Maybe you're wrong, maybe it hasn't been handled capably for 19 years? The chance of a dem being wrong is extremely high by the way.......
If only the actual candidate running against her could articulate any coherent argument as to why.

If only the actual candidate running against her could articulate any coherent argument as to why.
Yeah, but maybe she's right, maybe! I mean, Vargas is a Democrat and Karen is a Republican. SHE MUST BE RIGHT!

This is what passes for logical thought in the brain of Abby and his ilk. 😂

Regarding the office of County Recorder....it's nearly impossible to screw anything up.

It's also silly to declare a political affiliation with any County official outside of maybe, maybe, a Sheriff.

ADVERTISEMENT