ADVERTISEMENT

A rural Iowa school could become a test case for a state law that bars teaching divisive concepts

No, I was taught those things in school, I just don't want people like you teaching it because the students would obviously get only the anti American version. You do know understand those things are in our past right, they are history? No people like you believe slavery and Jim Crow are ongoing.
So let’s look at some facts. Facts from today. Not past history. On average, African American households make less money, 22k less on average. Their kids don’t graduate from high school, over 2% more African American kids drop out. They are less likely to graduate from college. An African American is 20% less likely to get a bachelors degree. They have a lower life expectancy, a white person on averages lives 3-5 years longer than an African American.

Are the causes of these things racial? Maybe, maybe not. Is it unreasonable to ask young people to consider the possibility that race plays a role in things like this? That race plays a factor today?

Reactions: Tom Paris
That despite our past we have progressed, laws have changed, we elected a black president twice for crying out loud. We have labor laws, laws against discrimination, but the left only wants to focus on the negative. We are still the greatest country on the planet even though the left would never admit that. People are forcing themselves into China or North Korea. Wake up.
Ignoring the ignorance shown in the last four sentences in this post, remember we elected an African American president that was accused of not being an American citizen, of being born in Kenya, not eligible for the presidency, and being the founder of isis. All by his successor in the White House, not by a fringe right winger who doesn’t represent the party.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Sure, the Libbies are gonna cure racism. LOL! (we already know they create it where it doesn't actually exist, so there's that for starters).

Anybody on Planet Earth: "Looks like the Sun is Rising in the East again today".

Liberal reply: "That's racist!"

Same shit different day for you clowns.
0/10

So is there a class coming from a pro-American traditional values perspective? I doubt it.
Abby...an example of “your curriculum” would be how The State of Texas mandates to schools how its history be taught. Texas kids get their Texas history in their junior high years. Pretty much the period of the Texas war for independence from Mexico is taught along the lines that John Wayne and Walt Disney showed in their cinematic epic film of 1960.
The fact of the matter is that Santa Anna “invaded” Texas because Mexico had outlawed slavery in its home country and all its territories (of which Texas was one.). The fact was, even though unlawful, immigrants from The South of the United States were moving their plantations and all their properties to Texas, as they set up shop there. Mexico requested and then insisted this practice stop and the government of Texas refused to adhere to the promises they had agreed to its Mexico as they were given permission to settle Texas.
Now understand, this disagreement between Mexico and Texas was not the singular cause of hostilities but it certainly was a main cause. Slavery is never mentioned as a cause of the war with Mexico in e state history of Texas. Brutality, lack of freedoms are mentioned though...and these “ causes” are never proven but merely insinuated. The slavery argument on the other hand, is well documented by both sides.
Now Abby...is this “the history” you want taught in today’s schools? I hope not.

Last edited:
Abby...an example of “your curriculum” would be how The State of Texas mandates to schools how its history be taught. Texas kids get their Texas history in their junior high years. Pretty much the period of the Texas war for independence from Mexico is taught along the lines that John Wayne and Walt Disney showed in their cinematic epic film of 1960.
The fact of the matter is that Santa Anna “invaded” Texas because Mexico had outlawed slavery in its home country and all its territories (of which Texas was one.). The fact was, even though unlawful, immigrants from The South of the United States were moving their plantations and all their properties to Texas, as they set up shop there. Mexico requested and then insisted this practice stop and the government of Texas refused to adhere to the promises they had agreed to its Mexico as they were given permission to settle Texas.
Now understand, this disagreement between Mexico and Texas was not the singular cause of hostilities but it certainly was a main cause. Slavery is never mentioned as a cause of the war with Mexico in e state history of Texas. Brutality, lack of freedoms are mentioned though...and these “ causes” are never proven but merely insinuated. The slavery argument on the other hand, is well documented by both sides.
Now Abby...is this “the history” you want taught in today’s schools? I hope not.
The left sure is fixated on slavery, an institution that ended 157 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Like most of the recent legislation that our elected morons in Des Moines have shat out, the law is so poorly written and subjective in its interpretation that it’s essentially unenforceable jibberish. It’s only purpose is to falsely empower the intellectually challenged pinheads that live within our borders.

I'm shocked this is in the Baxter curriculum. That is hard core Trump country. I would be very surprised if 80% of that area didn't vote for Trump.
I am sure most of them are not very educated either.

ADVERTISEMENT