ADVERTISEMENT

A shooting star for the Hawks...

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
With the beginning of Spring Practice there always seem to be two or three surprises. THIS is what makes the spring fun if your a Hawk fanatic like this guy. Today, let's just find one, instead of the other two or three. Don't know who any of you will choose, but here's my pick. I'm going with Yahya Black. Watched him as a senior at Marshall high and in the Minnesota all-star game. He played LT in the all-star game and to be honest I thought we had another Reiff or Jackson. I was wrong. Our coaches saw him as a DL. Now at 6-5 and 280 he's ready to shine. He's my pick. Who's yours ? 😎❤️🏈

With the beginning of Spring Practice there always seem to be two or three surprises. THIS is what makes the spring fun if your a Hawk fanatic like this guy. Today, let's just find one, instead of the other two or three. Don't know who any of you will choose, but here's my pick. I'm going with Yahya Black. Watched him as a senior at Marshall high and in the Minnesota all-star game. He played LT in the all-star game and to be honest I thought we had another Reiff or Jackson. I was wrong. Our coaches saw him as a DL. Now at 6-5 and 280 he's ready to shine. He's my pick. Who's yours ? 😎❤️🏈
Merriweather, Waggoner, or Black.

Reactions: EndzoneHawk
Offense: Luke Lachey, TE - has apparently jumped ahead of highly regarded teammates Miamen and Yelverton at a high profile Iowa position..... let's see it

Defense: Logan Jones, DT - already a record setting strength athlete...... someone will emerge at DT this off-season..... will he push for a staring spot?

Last edited:
I hope Black demonstrates he is ready to hold down a starting position on the DL. We need somebody to take a big step forward on that unit and I hope he is the one who does.
As I said earlier I really like him on potential alone. He could be a Carl Davis Clone who played for the Hawks at 6-5 310. If he can get that Big with his first step quickness, Look out !! 😎❤️🏈

That's one of my young favorites. Loved his hs vid.

I'll go with.
Black
Britt
Lachey
G Williams (not because of injury)
Based on his reputation, I expected Gavin Williams to pop up repeatedly in this thread. Surprised that he;s largely forgotten (not just in this topic but overall on the board). Wonder if that's because ikm is expected to split the carries or whether gavin underwhelmed fans (with what he showed in the few handoffs he received.)

On D:

Noah Shannon (as another poster indicated ... it could be the year he makes some big strides)

REMARK: I think Black will be good ... but its probably too early for his level of play to be spectacular.

On O:

Luke Lachey ... developmental-wise, his situation could be shaping up to run parallel with what we saw from Hockenson.

Justin Britt AND Mason Richman ... just too much talented young guys on the OL for some of the guys to not make some noise. Tons of opportunity at OT too (in the case of Richman).

Reactions: millhawk
As I said earlier I really like him on potential alone. He could be a Carl Davis Clone who played for the Hawks at 6-5 310. If he can get that Big with his first step quickness, Look out !! 😎❤️🏈
Please NO! Potential is great but by his own admission it took Carl until his 3rd season to pull his head out and really get to work. We need Black NOW...

Defense Merriweather, has a lot of starts under his belt now & I expect him to really breakout
Offense Plumb, looked pretty good in his starts & in reserve roles. Great athlete at 6'7" he'll put it altogether this year

Defense Merriweather, has a lot of starts under his belt now & I expect him to really breakout
Offense Plumb, looked pretty good in his starts & in reserve roles. Great athlete at 6'7" he'll put it altogether this year
Both could make some big strides. Speaking of big, I think Plumb will be at 308 next fall from 293 now. 😎❤️🏈

Reactions: nwhawkincr
One word, and don't forget it: Justice
giphy.gif

Reactions: PNWHawk
Offense-

Mason Richman- I think he overtakes Plumb. I’m just a dude in a couch but I wasn’t impressed with Plumb.
Britt- like Ince before he became a starter I love the glimpses I’ve seen
Keagan- Dude will play

Defense-

Black- youth like him don’t get pushed to the top of the depth chart this early unless they are the real deal.
Logan Jones- I think he and Black become a force by the end of the year.
Merriweather- I think he’s all Big10 this year

Reactions: Hawk94Mn
Deuce Hogan.

Why?

Because the third string QB always shines when this message board evaluates.

Really hoping its Hutson or Vines.
Yes I don’t know why we as fans don’t want to see rockets thrown at receiver’s feet and badly overthrown deep balls by a QB who can’t move at all. How dare we hope for something better!!

Wouldn't it be crazy as hell if our best defense became our offense?
Teams that control the ball and have the longest possession time during the game win 77% of the time. Control the time with good offense, win the game. 😎❤️🏈

Offense-

Mason Richman- I think he overtakes Plumb. I’m just a dude in a couch but I wasn’t impressed with Plumb.
Britt- like Ince before he became a starter I love the glimpses I’ve seen
Keagan- Dude will play

Defense-

Black- youth like him don’t get pushed to the top of the depth chart this early unless they are the real deal.
Logan Jones- I think he and Black become a force by the end of the year.
Merriweather- I think he’s all Big10 this year

Richman is a good prospect, no doubt. I don't share your thoughts on Plumb. His pass pro looked good to me but his run blocking needs work. Hopefully some added weight/muscle helps with that. The coaches moved him to the left side, to me that's a good omen and remember Wisconsin wanted him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Richman take over at rt and Ince replace shooter.

Reactions: thecarls
How about Vines. Surprised we haven’t heard much on him. Loved his film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herkmeister
Richman is a good prospect, no doubt. I don't share your thoughts on Plumb. His pass pro looked good to me but his run blocking needs work. Hopefully some added weight/muscle helps with that. The coaches moved him to the left side, to me that's a good omen and remember Wisconsin wanted him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Richman take over at rt and Ince replace shooter.
In the Tuesday pics, Richman was playing LG alongside Plumb at LT. A little different look. We shall see. 😎❤️🏈

In the Tuesday pics, Richman was playing LG alongside Plumb at LT. A little different look. We shall see. 😎❤️🏈
I'd genuinely be surprised if we don't see a rotation of guys at OG (perhaps even at OT too). Young promising guys like Richman who are impressing at practice ... they're going to find their way on the field.

I'd genuinely be surprised if we don't see a rotation of guys at OG (perhaps even at OT too). Young promising guys like Richman who are impressing at practice ... they're going to find their way on the field.
It looks like both Plumb and Richman are at least their roster weights. By fall both should be at 3 bills are more. 😎❤️🏈

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT