ADVERTISEMENT

A teen was suspended from her cheerleading team for cursing on a Snapchat video. Now she’ll be heard by the Supreme Court.

Well that's certainly what the result of this will be. "Why didn't I make the team". "I just don't think you were a good fit" will become a popular reason.
Yes. Just like employment at will. Employers who are savvy, but unethical, don't use reasons to fire protected classes.

If the speech is protected, the US Supreme Court has not only held that no negative consequences can follow, they have struck down laws that have merely had a "chilling effect" on free expression.

In Lamont v. Postmaster General (1965), the Court struck down a postal regulation requiring individuals who wished to receive communist literature to sign up at the post office. Although the program included no sanctions against recipients, the Court said it would chill individuals who wanted the material but were afraid to make their wishes known to the government.https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/897/chilling-effect
I don't think Finance needs you fighting battles for him. Your arguments are worse than his.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT