ADVERTISEMENT

A Texas Solution to Global Warming: Use More Air-Conditioning

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Texas's oil regulator has a solution for those who fear the world is over-heating: "Turn the damn air conditioner up."

The sentiment was voiced at an energy conference Friday by Wayne Christian, a member of the Texas Railroad Commission, which oversees oil and gas drilling and transportation in the biggest producing state. The remarks came as he criticized a report published by the United Nations this month incontrovertibly linking global warming to human activity, mostly through the burning of fossil fuels.
Click to shrink...

"Rather than $78 trillion dollars in spending, shutting down the industries around the world, keeping third-world countries from having coal-generated electric power and all kinds of things — turn the damn air conditioner up. It's that simple," Christian said at the NAPE Summit in Houston.

ASyj9t7.gif

Reactions: Rudolph
ABC news had a special last night about all the deaths due to this summer’s heat waves. There’s a push in many cities to mandate landlords provide AC on rented properties.

I can't tell which is easiest to "stop the warming":

• Turn the AC up
or​
  • Move the Earth to an orbit further from the sun
I choose the move the earth to another orbit. If we place giant rockets strategically around the globe we ought to be able to push it several miles without any problems.

I lived in Texas for 20 years. I wouldn't let anyone mess with my AC. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Anyone in this thread live in Texas? As of today I can only remember 1 day of 100 or above this year in DFW.
I don't but my father, who I spoke to this morning, does. He mentioned it'd be mid-90's today (lives north of Dallas).

He also stated he'll take the heat as long as he doesn't have to shovel snow anymore. Back in Feb during the outages he was kinda pissed at himself for not taking his snow shovel when he moved from Illinois a few years ago.

Honestly, I am not sure that this will help fight global warming. Air conditioners are electronic devices that use electricity which impacts global warming. So I think that if we want to deal with this phenomenon, we should use electronic devices less often. Still, I am not a professional in this field. I've just shared my opinion. So please don't be hostile towards it. Anyway, the subject is interesting to me so that I will contact air conditioning companies near me and ask their thoughts about this subject.

Honestly, I am not sure that this will help fight global warming. Air conditioners are electronic devices that use electricity which impacts global warming. So I think that if we want to deal with this phenomenon, we should use electronic devices less often. Still, I am not a professional in this field. I've just shared my opinion. So please don't be hostile towards it. Anyway, the subject is interesting to me so that I will contact air conditioning companies near me and ask their thoughts about this subject.
Thank you and looking forward to your insights on the research from air conditioning companies near you

Even though it's been a couple of years since this thread, the idea of using more air conditioning to address global warming still sparks curiosity. It's fascinating how unconventional perspectives can lead to unique solutions.
On the topic of air conditioning, if anyone's seeking repair services, air conditioner repair hamilton offers valuable assistance. Keeping our cooling systems functioning well is essential, both for our comfort and for potential environmental considerations.
While the notion of cranking up the AC might raise eyebrows, it's discussions like these that remind us to explore innovative ways of addressing complex issues.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: auntie_fah
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT