ADVERTISEMENT

A win Saturday

Hawk94Mn

HB MVP
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2017
2 years ago in the fall of 2019 I had a discussion with a fellow OSU fan about the trajectory of Iowa’s Football team. That team had a lot of promise and even a chance at a West Title but the amount of young talent was the real exciting part. Fast forward two years later and the young core of Goodson, Linderbaum, Belton and Laporta are now the stars of the team. During that discussion I mentioned that I thought Iowa would contend for the BTT in 2021. Now the scary realization is; if we don’t do it this year it will be a significant disappointment.

Rarely do you get a culmination of talent and experience that this team has. The lone concern for the defense was the DT play and they played exceptionally well and demonstrated an ability to hold the line, rush the passer, and play the scheme. The backend is obviously great and will continue to get better as a potentially vital player in Jacob’s sees more time.

The offense has the most talented GCG I can remember since 2015 and seems to have real stars blossoming in Richman and Dejong. Couple that with an experienced tightend, fullback and rb who can break a game open and I can’t remember a time where I’ve been more confident in Iowa’s team to compete against any team in the country.

Now, in the event Iowa wins Saturday and shoots into the top 5 nationally. Can you imagine the hype for the remaining home games. This team has depth, talent and experience. It’s experienced adversity and success. I can’t remember a time where I felt more pleased with the state of the program and it’s potential for the season.

Now beat the clowns.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News