ADVERTISEMENT

AAAAAAND Say Goodbye to Ben Carson's Bid for the Presidency

Originally posted by slieb85:
Weren't some of you on here rock hard for this guy?

Link: Idiot[/URL]
Ben never had a chance any way. The only people who ever got an erection were the Dems who thought he might actually the candidate
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Carson and Huckabee are former Fox News
contributors who are exploring their options
as potential GOP Presidential candidates.

They both have as much of a chance to win
the nomination as Brian Williams returning to
the NBC Nightly News anchor job.

Looks like Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are going to have to find a different useful negro to prop up during the primaries for the purpose of making comments that would be deemed racist if a white man said them.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

Hopefully Huckabee doesn't have that much chance. I'm willing to give Ben a pass.

Originally posted by TJ8869:
Looks like Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are going to have to find a different useful negro to prop up during the primaries for the purpose of making comments that would be deemed racist if a white man said them.
So you feel good saying this because you're a progressive and it's allowed?

Sounds like you're a racist. Nah…..you are a racist for saying this.

IMCC - I was mocking the Democratic Underground crowd who accused Rove of propping up Herman Cain for that specific purpose.

Isn't it amazing how liberals feel 100% free to make blatantly racist statements like this without fear of consequence.

Originally posted by coffhawk:

Isn't it amazing how liberals feel 100% free to make blatantly racist statements like this without fear of consequence.
Might want to read through the whole thread there, counselor.

Originally posted by CarolinaHawkeye:
Originally posted by LuteHawk:

Hopefully Huckabee doesn't have that much chance. I'm willing to give Ben a pass.
You're willing to give Ben a pass on this comment?

Looking forward to watching the attempted personal destruction of every right-wing candidate that worries the left. Scott Walker and Ben Carson so far....

Originally posted by hawkbleeder:
Looking forward to watching the attempted personal destruction of every right-wing candidate that worries the left. Scott Walker and Ben Carson so far....
This is the left's fault?

Ben Carson dug his own grave here, with his own stupidity. You can't blame this on the left.

Scott worries me, Ben just entertains.

This is the left's fault?

Ben Carson dug his own grave here, with his own stupidity. You can't blame this on the left.
If stupidity is what bothers you, how come you're always.....forget it.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

You must not be paying attention then, this issue aside, he's great.

I think he's great too, you must not be paying attention to what I'm saying. I love the guy, he should be your nominee for sure.

I think he's great too, you must not be paying attention to what I'm saying. I love the guy, he should be your nominee for sure.

I like Ben too. Love to see him take on the establishment.

I wonder how many men who spout the "being gay is a choice" meme do so because they have personal experience of "choosing" to be gay? For a while. Or from time to time. And then "choosing" not to be gay. For a while. Or from time to time.

I'm guessing quite a lot of them.

Which is to say that they probably are gay but since they have both indulged and denied themselves this preference they have convinced themselves that it must be a choice.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
I wonder how many men who spout the "being gay is a choice" meme do so because they have personal experience of "choosing" to be gay? For a while. Or from time to time. And then "choosing" not to be gay. For a while. Or from time to time.

Which is to say that they probably are gay but since they have both indulged and denied themselves this preference they have convinced themselves that it must be a choice.

If I was Ben I would not get too caught up in the Cons sexual talking point games. He should state his position and move on quickly.

Bi? I like the sexuality as a continuum model myself.

I started to include that but didn't want to confuse our conservatives - who are already pretty confused about such things.

I disagree with the continuum model (if I am understanding what you mean by that). Or maybe not. I just think there are people you find sexually attractive and those you don't. And the reasons why you do or don't find someone sexually attractive are all over the place. Gender is obviously one of the more dichotomous bases for including or excluding people. But most of us have comparably strong criteria based on age and consanguinity, And most of us also have cutoffs for various appearance and body type differences. Even if you only look at one of those dimensions at a time - such that a continuum is plausible - I think we are more often likely to see a pretty precipitous transition from acceptable to unacceptable.

Serious question Natural. I feel/believe that being gay is mostly inherent and people are born gay. That being said, is it wrong to say that some people make it a choice to "be gay?" Would this just be called acting gay? I'm not looking for some got you answer. I'm not even guessing or saying a large percentage.

Originally posted by UIHawk64:

Serious question Natural. I feel/believe that being gay is mostly inherent and people are born gay. That being said, is it wrong to say that some people make it a choice to "be gay?" Would this just be called acting gay? I'm not looking for some got you answer. I'm not even guessing or saying a large percentage.
Thats a complicated question. If by "be gay" you mean to prefer sex with the same gender, that probably isn't a choice. Although the control freak in me is not real uncomfortable with it being thought of that way. Part of me would like to think I'm in control of all my thoughts and feelings and desires, etc. Then get on my high horse and claim in America we should have the right to chose our gender preferences as part of being members of a free society and have that respected. But I'm not sure that actually holds water about most things we like, not just sexuality.

If by "be gay" you mean act in a stereotypical or counter gender way, thats a different kettle of fish. Society seems comfortable portraying gay men as feminine for a variety of reasons I suspect that I wont delve into here. For years this really confused me because I was attracted to guys who were guys and I wanted to be a guy who was a guy. It was the masculinity that I found attractive. So for me personally, I never wanted to be one of those drag queen type gays. However, thats not true of all in the gay community. Many are and want to be feminine (or counter gender to be more inclusive). I believe for a subset of the gay community this is simply natural for them. As natural as it might be for your female friends to act as they are inclined. This is why the continuum idea of sexuality works for me. Its not a binary choice, there is a sliding scale between hetero and homo, between masculine and feminine traits. We pigeon hole ourselves into a choice, but that not the whole story IMO. If we lived in a society of free love where we simply screwed anyone who got us aroused, I would have more than a few tryts with females and I would imagine most posters here would have a variety of experiences with both genders too.

I started to include that but didn't want to confuse our conservatives - who are already pretty confused about such things.

I disagree with the continuum model (if I am understanding what you mean by that). Or maybe not. I just think there are people you find sexually attractive and those you don't. And the reasons why you do or don't find someone sexually attractive are all over the place. Gender is obviously one of the more dichotomous bases for including or excluding people. But most of us have comparably strong criteria based on age and consanguinity, And most of us also have cutoffs for various appearance and body type differences. Even if you only look at one of those dimensions at a time - such that a continuum is plausible - I think we are more often likely to see a pretty precipitous transition from acceptable to unacceptable.
10923333_614869145312934_8259527565498963183_n.png

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

10923333_614869145312934_8259527565498963183_n.png
Thats not how we deal with Chick-Fil-A.

Willam.jpg

Link

This is the only explanation that's ever made sense to me. Some people are nearer the ends of the spectrum, some are in the middle. It allows for some people to be "temporarily" gay while in prison, yet revert to heterosexual status when they have a choice. That's right - I said choice. Some people do choose which team to play on, while others could not play on the other team regardless of how hard they try. .

Weren't some of you on here rock hard for this guy?
Yep and I am done with him now. I thought he was a smart guy. Sad.

Originally posted by dandh:

This is the only explanation that's ever made sense to me. Some people are nearer the ends of the spectrum, some are in the middle. It allows for some people to be "temporarily" gay while in prison, yet revert to heterosexual status when they have a choice. That's right - I said choice. Some people do choose which team to play on, while others could not play on the other team regardless of how hard they try. .
They're choosing which gender they prefer, they're not choosing which gender they are attracted to.

Your thoughts are pretty correct on the issue, but you're using the terminology in a somewhat dangerous way. I too agree that there is a continuum and that people can and do choose which sex to be with, but the people you and I label as choosing, are, unequivocally attracted to both sexes. They aren't choosing to be gay, they are choosing to act on their gayness. Huge difference there, in my opinion.

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Are we still allowed to use the term gaywad? Or is that wrong...

Some of you know of which I speak
I usually use the term load, but you can call it a wad if you like. Context usually makes calling it gay superfluous. Its not like it comes out with glitter.

Carson is a 22 percenter. He will appeal to 22 percent of the electorate no matter what. Left or right. Crazies are on either end of the spectrum.

Originally posted by dandh:

They're choosing which gender they prefer, they're not choosing which gender they are attracted to.

Your thoughts are pretty correct on the issue, but you're using the terminology in a somewhat dangerous way. I too agree that there is a continuum and that people can and do choose which sex to be with, but the people you and I label as choosing, are, unequivocally attracted to both sexes. They aren't choosing to be gay, they are choosing to act on their gayness. Huge difference there, in my opinion.
I think we'll have to disagree on that part. I prefer to use gay to describe someone having same-sex relations (only) for an extended period of time, or who self-identifies as such. I use bi when people swing both ways regularly, and straight when people only have opposite-sex relations. If one were to just use what the attraction is, then people attracted to both sexes would always be bi, not gay, unless they were at the very end of the spectrum. I think what one does also leads to living a specific lifestyle and self-identification, too, which is the ultimate arbiter.

The continuum also helps explain how identical twins can be one gay, one straight, and both happy/satisfied with their choice.

Wait-- when did it become okay to criticize an African American politician when you disagree with them? I must have missed the memo!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT