ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Graves Named MaxPreps Male National Athlete of the Year

That is outstanding! The list of past winners is very impressive. And, he is a Hawk through and through!
Dang! You’re correct in that the past winners are very impressive! Who needs NIL! 😳
Just kidding, when kids like this express their desire to be a Hawkeye and commit (while bashing ketchup and mustard associated teams) you “feel Goodman”

Link:

Looking at the past twelve years of winners of this prestigious award is looking at First team All-Americans, first round NFL draft choices, and Heisman trophy winners! Graves belongs on the field Day One! Let us not hear some baloney about him not learning the playbook!

Reactions: 24 so far
Looking at the past twelve years of winners of this prestigious award is looking at First team All-Americans, first round NFL draft choices, and Heisman trophy winners! Graves belongs on the field Day One! Let us not hear some baloney about him not learning the playbook!
Dumb comment, name the last time you heard that for a linemen.

So impressive, and the first award winner to be a 4 sport stud. In an era where athletes in high school routinely specialize in one sport Graves shows his amazing athletic flexibility and overall athleticism. To achieve at such a high level in both basketball and wrestling is unheard of. Aaron has a chance to be a generational type talent.

With the talent on the D-Line I expect Aaron to receive limited time as a freshman. After that though, Big Ten O-Linemen will see him line up across from them and think, "Oh, no, it's that guy."

I'm really looking forward to seeing Aaron in a Hawk uniform. It's going to be interesting to see if he can see the field. We are pretty deep across the front...so it's a challenge right now. Could he get into a 3rd down package as a tackle to rush the passer? It will be interesting. I'm pretty sure his future is at DT...so a redshirt year could do him wonders...get him up to 285 or so...and then things get interesting. His quickness and tenacity at 285 is going to be a problem for people.

Bright, bright future for this young man.

Entering with H.S. diploma, and A.A. degree; all the garbage classes are finished.

That's the way to enjoy the college experience ~ all upper-level classes, football, and girls.

Reactions: Bro D
But...the playbook at Iowa is...

The more I read about his insane accomplishments in 4 sports and how he got his associates degree I can’t help but think about his workload. He is a rare breed in these days that has an intense drive to excel at anything/everything he puts his mind to.
This man will be special!

Last edited:
Is the the next Bosa? I am not sure if he is quite as quick, but he is close to the size IIRC.

With the talent on the D-Line I expect Aaron to receive limited time as a freshman. After that though, Big Ten O-Linemen will see him line up across from them and think, "Oh, no, it's that guy."
Yeah obviously none of us know until they start actually playing. With that said, if he is that good as people think he might be, they have to find a way to get him on the field quickly. With the super-talented players, you face them beingn gone after 3 years in college so wasting one of those years as a redshirt or playing a miniscule amount of snaps is a bit of a waste. PT has to be earned, not given. It comes down to if the physical attributes are tremendous, then it's on the coaches to find a spot for him to get on the field right away.

Reactions: rchawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT