ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Graves to his HS coach, when Clown U showed interest: "Why do you have them here? I want to play for Iowa."

Actually, you wrote that the "kid insulted a generous opportunity..."

Aaron did not insult anyone; he simply spoke the truth, and the truth obviously hurts you Clown fans.

Simply put, there is no opportunity at Clown U for players at Aaron's level. Clown U is Iowa's little brother. Soon, Clown U will no longer be part of a Power Conference. Matty has stated publicly that his goal is not to win championships. Clown U does not put players in the NFL. Yet, you call an offer from Clown U a generous opportunity. LOL

And then you wrote that the coach's comments "might impact future opportunities, for other players of his...."

Another laughable statement. If Clown U likes one of his players in the future, Clown U Is not going to hold previous comments from a coach against the kid.
You seem very emotional and I have upset your sensibilities so I’m gonna go ahead just let you have this one.

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about it. Maybe there is more context to it but the parent in me would be pretty upset if my kid insulted a generous opportunity, anywhere. Hopefully he was respectful to the ISU staff.

From the coaches standpoint this quote is pretty crass. It might impact future opportunities, for other players of his, where ISU might be a good fit.

I guess live and learn.
I agree but going to Iowa State is not a generous opportunity.

You seem very emotional and I have upset your sensibilities so I’m gonna go ahead just let you have this one.

You don't seem butt hurt.

You are butt hurt.

It's funny how you Clown fans lose every argument on here and then you follow up your embarrassing posts with more garbage.

And you wonder why everyone calls you Clowns.

You don't seem butt hurt.

You are butt hurt.

It's funny how you Clown fans lose every argument on here and then you follow up your embarrassing posts with more garbage.

And you wonder why everyone calls you Clowns.
You really missed the part where I said I am an Iowa fan, didn’t you. I’m coming at this more from a professional perspective (which I can tell you really have nailed down). It’s not really a good idea to insult someone who is offering you the best they can give, but I can definitely give the kid a pass. The coach on the other hand should have known better to give the quote to the press.

Aaron is now his school's all-time leading scorer.

And he's 26-1 at 285 lbs. in Class 2A wrestling.

Great, all around athlete.

9ygeh4hV

Last edited:
Na, he was probably a silent commit to their class along with Kaleb Johnson and Nwankpa, and then Iowa pulled some shennanigans to get him.

All three were afraid of the competition over there. Early playing time at Iowa.

How can a kid play BB and wrestle in the same season? Just wondering how the events line up in HS. Does he skip wrestling practice and just wrestle? Just curious how it can be done.
EDIT: Blair's post just appeared after I posted. That explains it now, but still curious for the season.

How can a kid play BB and wrestle in the same season? Just wondering how the events line up in HS. Does he skip wrestling practice and just wrestle? Just curious how it can be done.
EDIT: Blair's post just appeared after I posted. That explains it now, but still curious for the season.
Yeah, back in my day (I know I’m old) I don’t think in Iowa they would allow someone to play two concurrent high school sports (like football/cross country or wrestling/basketball)? However, prolly not many that wanted, or has ability, to do so.

Yeah, back in my day (I know I’m old) I don’t think in Iowa they would allow someone to play two concurrent high school sports (like football/cross country or wrestling/basketball)? However, prolly not many that wanted, or has ability, to do so.
I had one do cross country/football and there is crossover in softball/soccer. Hopefully the coaches are agreeable to sharing.(not always the case unless their son needs to serve a suspension during track season so they can play soccer)

I had one do cross country/football and there is crossover in softball/soccer. Hopefully the coaches are agreeable to sharing.(not always the case unless their son needs to serve a suspension during track season so they can play soccer)
No one ever accused Rick of not being selfish.

The kid saw the conference re-alignment and certain clown demise that comes from it before the rest of us did. I mean seriously, why would he want to play football in a lower tier of college sports? Now he gets to play in a super league.

What year? It happened when I was in HS. 82-86

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about it. Maybe there is more context to it but the parent in me would be pretty upset if my kid insulted a generous opportunity,

From the coaches standpoint this quote is pretty crass. It might impact future opportunities, for other players of his, where ISU might be a good fit.
Could you please explain to me what is crass about, "Why do you have them here? I want to go to Iowa."

I believe the conclusion was
The conclusion of who? You? The fact that you are throwing a Freshman in College under the bus here on a public forum by calling his quote Crass reeks of Ronald McDonald syndrome. The kid was playing HS sports last year and you call him crass for saying, "Why are they here? I want to go to Iowa." What is wrong with you?

The conclusion of who? You? The fact that you are throwing a Freshman in College under the bus here on a public forum by calling his quote Crass reeks of Ronald McDonald syndrome. The kid was playing HS sports last year and you call him crass for saying, "Why are they here? I want to go to Iowa." What is wrong with you?
Yeah. There was a whole discussion after it if I remember correctly.

Are you ok? I know this is serious business and all… I didn’t throw anyone under the bus, the quote throws the ISU staff under the bus. Probably not the ideal quote for people functioning in the industry. Who cares what the kid said to his coach. It was dumb for the coach to report it, I wouldn’t like it if I were that kid’s father. But otherwise, who cares? Chill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT