ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Graves

That first step was taken a long time ago. I had Algebra 1 as an eighth grader in the mid-1970s and we weren't the first group to have that option.
I realize that. I’ve been an educator/administrator for four decades. Just explaining how it started. Every school I worked in had an Algebra option for 8th graders. Dual credit, funded by weighted enrollment, was in the 90’s. PSEO was before that as was AP.

Then it must be much easier than it looks. I suppose you can play the fight song in your sleep.
The performances take a lot of practice time during football season. During my time the band had outdoor rehearsals daily during the week, Wednesday night indoor rehearsals, and Saturday mornings at the stadium. We got one unit of academic credit. I didn't do much private instrument practice, unlike the music performance majors who practiced daily.

So, not planning on a career in a professional orchestra? I think those odds are about the same as making the NFL aren't they?

But like I said, I think everyone in the band is playing a hard instrument (except the drummers-the shout out to my little drummer brother) and have to be pretty good musicians.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT