ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers lashes out against NFL, ‘woke mob’ in defense of vaccination status

Dude likes his attention. don’t be silly.

Oh please, very few people actually want to be swept up in that stuff, they don't want that kind of attention. He'd be odd that way.

So he clumsily used the word "woke" and probably came to the wrong decision on harm associated with the vaccine for himself.

Beyond that it feels like a big nothing burger. I mean, even the science right now is saying that the vaccine doesn't do a very good job stopping the spread of Delta. So it's not like his inaction really mattered much at all but for the argument that public figures need to set a good example or something like that.

I think this thread is a great example of people getting worked up over very little:

"Just shut the f*ck up you dumb f*cking idiot."

If Rodgers didn't want to deal with "a media circus", he shouldn't have lied about talking to NFL docs regarding the vaccine.

Well his ploy worked until mid-season. Technically not a lie it looks like, he just misled people.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Oh please, very few people actually want to be swept up in that stuff, they don't want that kind of attention. He'd be odd that way.

So he clumsily used the word "woke" and probably came to the wrong decision on harm associated with the vaccine for himself.

Beyond that it feels like a big nothing burger. I mean, even the science right now is saying that the vaccine doesn't do a very good job stopping the spread of Delta. So it's not like his inaction really mattered much at all but for the argument that public figures need to set a good example or something like that.

I think this thread is a great example of people getting worked up over very little:

"Just shut the f*ck up you dumb f*cking idiot."
Dude you try waaaaay too hard sometimes.

Look, I’m not some sort of anti-vax flat-Earther. I’m somebody who’s a critical thinker.’ You guys know me. I march to the beat of my own drum.
“I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something. Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody. And for me, it involved a lot of study in the offseason. … I put a lot of time and energy researching this and met with a lot of people to get the most information about the vaccines before I made my decision.”

Just shut the f*ck up you dumb f*cking idiot.
And for those of you who aren’t chronically “underwhelmed,” how perfect is that he said almost verbatim everything that everyone who wins a Herman Cain Award posts on FB before biting the big one? It’s like Beatlejuice shows up when you say his name three times, and covid shows up the second you tell people about all the “research” you did.

We are going to get a 3 hour Aaron Rodgers Joe Rogan podcast. Spotify is getting immediate ROI. Who wouldn't bid to be the official CBD supplier of the Joe Rogan podcast?

He’s going to miss a game and be back next week. Same thing could have happened if he’d been vaccinated.
That’s the bottom line. Not a big deal except for those who want it to be.

He’s going to miss a game and be back next week. Same thing could have happened if he’d been vaccinated.
That’s the bottom line. Not a big deal except for those who want it to be.
He would have had an opportunity to play this week if vaccinated but not without the vaccine. There is no guarantee he'll be back next either. That's the bottom line.

And for those of you who aren’t chronically “underwhelmed,” how perfect is that he said almost verbatim everything that everyone who wins a Herman Cain Award posts on FB before biting the big one? It’s like Beatlejuice shows up when you say his name three times, and covid shows up the second you tell people about all the “research” you did.

But "research" actually says that the vaccine does a poor job at the stopping the spread -- ostensibly this is the basis of the moralization taking place right now -- over time. If the Herman Cain people are right about something, they're right.

• Haha
No

Research says the vaccines are "not 100% effective" at stopping the spread.

They absolutely reduced the spread, and lowering the R0 is one of the best ways to get the pandemic under control

Yes. Poor, ultimately. Starts out at a middling number and then moves much closer to 0. I guess we could quibble over "minimal" or "poor" -- my main point is that its utility in preventing spread against Delta is basically quite overvalued by the public/media right now.

You understand how this works. They provide more protection in spread initially but that wanes rather quickly.

Hence large waves of infection amongst largely vaccinated populations we're seeing elsewhere in the world.

The media and public at large is awash with people that seem to think being vaccinated means you're not a threat to spread the thing. There's a small window where that's sort of true, but it doesn't last. But people don't get that.

Yes. Poor, ultimately. Starts out at a middling number and then moves much closer to 0. I guess we could quibble over "minimal" or "poor" -- my main point is that its utility in preventing spread against Delta is basically quite overvalued by the public/media right now.

You understand how this works. They provide more protection in spread initially but that wanes rather quickly.

Hence large waves of infection amongst largely vaccinated populations we're seeing elsewhere in the world.

The media and public at large is awash with people that seem to think being vaccinated means you're not a threat to spread the thing. There's a small window where that's sort of true, but it doesn't last. But people don't get that.

Again: small study size, and that study DOES show more rapid clearance of the virus in vaccinated people vs. unvaccinated.

It isn't showing you what you think it is, fundamentally due to the small study size.

nejmc2113575_sa1f1.jpeg

nejmc2113575_sa4f1.jpeg

Reactions: z_ape
Bullshit. Its a big deal because he didn't have the guts to be honest. He's already lost one endorsement deal.

An endorsement deal? So what? That’s a big deal to you? He doesn’t care apparently. He doesn’t need you to care for him.

nejmc2113575_sa1f1.jpeg

Which is under 4 months. Which is within the window where you'd expect more antibody help.

Which I already acknowledged. But that's fleeting. And did that study take into account the fact that vaccinated populations tend to cluster together and have different behavior? This study could be capturing all kinds of stuff that isn't telling of the vaccines ability to actually keep you from becoming infected.

After the first Pfizer dose, protection against infection was “negligible” for the first 2 weeks but jumped to about 37% in the third week. Protection then reached a peak of about 78% in the first month after the second dose.

Efficacy fell gradually after that, with the decline speeding up after the fourth month. For some people who got the vaccine, protection dropped as low as 20% between 5 and 7 months after the second dose.

“These findings suggest that a large proportion of the vaccinated population could lose its protection against infection in the coming months, perhaps increasing the potential for new epidemic waves,” the researchers wrote.

Which seemingly is what is happening around the world right now.

Last edited:
An endorsement deal? So what? That’s a big deal to you? He doesn’t care apparently. He doesn’t need you to care for him.
No because he doesn't have the guts to be honest. Until he's called out as a liar. Maybe he should wear Pinocchio on his shirt.

Reactions: win4jj
But "research" actually says that the vaccine does a poor job at the stopping the spread -- ostensibly this is the basis of the moralization taking place right now -- over time. If the Herman Cain people are right about something, they're right.
This is incorrect.

Anyone seen a State Farm commercial with Rodgers in it today? I haven't. Seen quite a few with Mahomes
And, Rodgers will cry even louder that he's being "cancelled." Hey, bro! If you hadn't lied to the public, your employer, and your business partners, you wouldn't be getting "cancelled." It's called CONSEQUENCES for your CHOICES!

So the NFL said that as long as you were tested daily for Covid, you could go without the vaccine?

He chose to go without getting the vaccine, but he did get a daily Covid test?

He followed the guidelines; what is the problem here?

That policy was publicly announced sometime along the way, and is somewhat of a standard policy for many organizations.

I guess it is (sort of) fair to ask if the Packers were keeping some sort of tabulation of the test results. They must have understood that he was on a program of daily testing. On the other hand, if Mr. Rogers was simply on the honor system, it is somewhat apparent that he was getting tested regularly ... so again, what is the problem?

If there is an issue anywhere in this developing story, it is perhaps that words (once again) mean different things to different people. Mr. Rogers seems to consider that the word "Vaccinated" has a slightly different meaning from "Immunized."

My results of a Google search:

What is Vaccination?​

It is the drug (weak pathogen/ inactivated viruses) that is administered to a person to prevent the onset of a disease

What is Immunization?​

It is the body’s ability to generate an immune response naturally, or through vaccines. These methods build immunity or resistance towards a particular disease.

It would indeed appear that Mr. Rogers is well-versed on the subject ... and that the reporter was not well-versed on the subject. Additionally, Mr. Rogers seems quite conversant on immunization protocols, so it is clear that he was following somewhat of a specific program.
If Rogers wasn't vaccinated nor had COVID prior to this current bout, how exactly was he building up an immune response to C19? By taking the horse dewormer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT