ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers lashes out against NFL, ‘woke mob’ in defense of vaccination status

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Poor Aaron:

Decrying the “woke mob,” “cancel culture” and what he described as a “witch hunt” against him, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers vigorously defended his decision not to be vaccinated against the coronavirus during an appearance on “The Pat McAfee Show” on Friday, lashing out at the NFL’s coronavirus protocols and saying they “were not based on science but on a more shame-based environment.”

Rodgers was revealed to have tested positive for the coronavirus Wednesday, and he will miss Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He cannot rejoin the Packers until the day before their Week 10 game against the Seattle Seahawks. Rodgers said that he experienced symptoms of covid-19 and “didn’t feel great” earlier this week but was feeling better Friday.
In August, Rodgers was told he was considered unvaccinated under protocols developed by the league and the NFL Players Association after he raised an issue regarding his vaccination classification.
Sally Jenkins: Aaron Rodgers is entitled to stay unvaccinated. He’s not entitled to lie about it.
Rodgers responded to a reporter’s question in August about his vaccination status by saying he was “immunized.” At the start of a nearly 20-minute opening statement Friday during an appearance that lasted nearly an hour, Rodgers said he didn’t lie about his status.

ADVERTISING

“It wasn’t some sort of ruse or a lie,” he said, appearing to read from prepared remarks. “Had there been a follow-up to my statement that I’ve been immunized, I would have … said: ‘Look, I’m not some sort of anti-vax flat-Earther. I’m somebody who’s a critical thinker.’ You guys know me. I march to the beat of my own drum.
“I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something. Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody. And for me, it involved a lot of study in the offseason. … I put a lot of time and energy researching this and met with a lot of people to get the most information about the vaccines before I made my decision.”

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for the coronavirus and will miss the NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 7. (Reuters)
Rodgers said he could not get the Moderna or Pfizer shots because he has an allergy to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines made by those companies. Rodgers did not identify the specific allergy.

His only option, he said, was the vaccine created by Johnson & Johnson, but he “had heard of multiple people who had had adverse events around getting the J&J … physical abnormalities around getting the J&J shot. And then, in mid-April, the J&J shot got pulled for clotting issues. So the J&J shot was not even an option at that point.”

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine went back on the market within days because regulators determined its benefits outweigh its risks.
After “talking to a lot of medical individuals and professionals,” Rodgers said, he “found an immunization protocol that he could go through to best protect myself” that didn’t involve getting one of the three available vaccines. He said later that he also had consulted with podcaster Joe Rogan, his “now good friend” who said he treated his own covid bout with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic that the Food and Drug Administration has said is not an effective treatment for the disease. Rodgers said he also had taken ivermectin, which can only be obtained with a prescription.

“I’m thankful for people like Joe stepping up and using his voice,” Rodgers said.
Congressional leaders unsatisfied by NFL’s initial response to WFT document request
Rodgers said he petitioned the Packers and the NFL during the preseason to accept this alternate protocol — he “gathered over 500 pages of research on the efficacy of immunizations,” he said — but said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid … which we know now that that information is totally false.” Rodgers later decried that the league did not offer any opportunity to consider “alternative medicines.”
According to a person familiar with the league’s handling of the matter, no doctor for the NFL or any of the infectious-disease consultants utilized by the league and the NFL Players Association communicated with Rodgers during the process. In August, according to that person, a member of the Packers’ medical staff inquired to the NFLPA on Rodgers’s behalf whether an alternative homeopathic treatment could lead to a player being regarded as the equivalent of vaccinated under the protocols.

The NFLPA shared the Packers’ request, along with materials provided by Rodgers, to Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, and the infectious-disease consultants. A review concluded there was insufficient scientific data to support the petition, that person said, and the NFLPA indicated that it would inform Rodgers of the decision.
Unvaccinated NFL players face stricter restrictions compared with vaccinated players and are tested for the coronavirus daily, and Rodgers said Friday that he had been following those rules and that the Packers knew he was not vaccinated. He said his decision not to take one of the accepted vaccinations “was what’s best for my body. … My medical team advised me that the danger of me having an adverse event was greater than the risk of getting covid and recovering. So I made a decision in the best interest of my body.”
Rodgers added that he was worried about the vaccines’ effect on his chances to father children, though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that there is no evidence that coronavirus vaccines cause fertility problems.

Regarding the NFL’s coronavirus policies, Rodgers said, “they were not based on science at all, they’re based purely on trying to out and shame people” and making unvaccinated people “feel like the most dangerous people in society.” He questioned why the league forces people to wear masks around vaccinated people and why unvaccinated people need to be tested every day when vaccinated people can spread the virus as well.
“The great MLK said, ‘You have a moral obligation to object to unjust rules and rules that make no sense,’ ” Rodgers said, paraphrasing the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
Rogers lashed out at reporters who he said “were trying to shame and out and cancel all us unvaccinated people, call us selfish: ‘You’re selfish for making a decision that’s in the best interest of your body.’ … I go back to two questions for this woke mob: Number one, if the vaccine is so great, then how come so many people are getting covid and spreading covid and unfortunately dying of covid? … For the media out there taking shots at me: Like, you don’t know my story. Now you do. So quit lying about it.”

The NFL said Thursday that it, along with the NFLPA, would review the case to determine whether any protocol violations occurred. The NFL would consider fines for the Packers and Rodgers if protocol violations are established, but Rodgers would not face the possibility of suspension, a person with knowledge of the matter said Thursday night. Rodgers must remain in isolation for 10 days and can rejoin the Packers at that point if he is symptom-free.

• Angry
Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
So he lied about getting vaxxed because who knows why and now it's the media's fault people are pissed he has to miss a huge game. Cry me a river with this faux victim hood.
Spoken like a true Trump voter. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault, no matter what choice they made in the face of overwhelming evidence that said it's a bad choice. Also, consequences for those bad choices are for other people.

He’s a football player. I really don’t care if he’s vaccinated or not. Time for everyone to start to calm down over what others choose to do.
Things are moving in the right direction as it is, and a whole new age group became eligible for vaccination this week.
This is how things will be now.

He’s a football player. I really don’t care if he’s vaccinated or not. Time for everyone to start to calm down over what others choose to do.
Things are moving in the right direction as it is, and a whole new age group became eligible for vaccination this week.
Yeah, but see f*** Green Bay (and Wisconsin).

So I'm gonna enjoy this. :D

Rogers is going to gaslight his fans?

Reactions: Gonolz
Poor Aaron:

Decrying the “woke mob,” “cancel culture” and what he described as a “witch hunt” against him, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers vigorously defended his decision not to be vaccinated against the coronavirus during an appearance on “The Pat McAfee Show” on Friday, lashing out at the NFL’s coronavirus protocols and saying they “were not based on science but on a more shame-based environment.”

Rodgers was revealed to have tested positive for the coronavirus Wednesday, and he will miss Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He cannot rejoin the Packers until the day before their Week 10 game against the Seattle Seahawks. Rodgers said that he experienced symptoms of covid-19 and “didn’t feel great” earlier this week but was feeling better Friday.
In August, Rodgers was told he was considered unvaccinated under protocols developed by the league and the NFL Players Association after he raised an issue regarding his vaccination classification.
Sally Jenkins: Aaron Rodgers is entitled to stay unvaccinated. He’s not entitled to lie about it.
Rodgers responded to a reporter’s question in August about his vaccination status by saying he was “immunized.” At the start of a nearly 20-minute opening statement Friday during an appearance that lasted nearly an hour, Rodgers said he didn’t lie about his status.

ADVERTISING

“It wasn’t some sort of ruse or a lie,” he said, appearing to read from prepared remarks. “Had there been a follow-up to my statement that I’ve been immunized, I would have … said: ‘Look, I’m not some sort of anti-vax flat-Earther. I’m somebody who’s a critical thinker.’ You guys know me. I march to the beat of my own drum.
“I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and the ability to make choices for your body, not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals who say you have to do something. Health is not a one-size-fits-all for everybody. And for me, it involved a lot of study in the offseason. … I put a lot of time and energy researching this and met with a lot of people to get the most information about the vaccines before I made my decision.”

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for the coronavirus and will miss the NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Nov. 7. (Reuters)
Rodgers said he could not get the Moderna or Pfizer shots because he has an allergy to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines made by those companies. Rodgers did not identify the specific allergy.

His only option, he said, was the vaccine created by Johnson & Johnson, but he “had heard of multiple people who had had adverse events around getting the J&J … physical abnormalities around getting the J&J shot. And then, in mid-April, the J&J shot got pulled for clotting issues. So the J&J shot was not even an option at that point.”

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine went back on the market within days because regulators determined its benefits outweigh its risks.
After “talking to a lot of medical individuals and professionals,” Rodgers said, he “found an immunization protocol that he could go through to best protect myself” that didn’t involve getting one of the three available vaccines. He said later that he also had consulted with podcaster Joe Rogan, his “now good friend” who said he treated his own covid bout with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic that the Food and Drug Administration has said is not an effective treatment for the disease. Rodgers said he also had taken ivermectin, which can only be obtained with a prescription.

“I’m thankful for people like Joe stepping up and using his voice,” Rodgers said.
Congressional leaders unsatisfied by NFL’s initial response to WFT document request
Rodgers said he petitioned the Packers and the NFL during the preseason to accept this alternate protocol — he “gathered over 500 pages of research on the efficacy of immunizations,” he said — but said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid … which we know now that that information is totally false.” Rodgers later decried that the league did not offer any opportunity to consider “alternative medicines.”
According to a person familiar with the league’s handling of the matter, no doctor for the NFL or any of the infectious-disease consultants utilized by the league and the NFL Players Association communicated with Rodgers during the process. In August, according to that person, a member of the Packers’ medical staff inquired to the NFLPA on Rodgers’s behalf whether an alternative homeopathic treatment could lead to a player being regarded as the equivalent of vaccinated under the protocols.

The NFLPA shared the Packers’ request, along with materials provided by Rodgers, to Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, and the infectious-disease consultants. A review concluded there was insufficient scientific data to support the petition, that person said, and the NFLPA indicated that it would inform Rodgers of the decision.
Unvaccinated NFL players face stricter restrictions compared with vaccinated players and are tested for the coronavirus daily, and Rodgers said Friday that he had been following those rules and that the Packers knew he was not vaccinated. He said his decision not to take one of the accepted vaccinations “was what’s best for my body. … My medical team advised me that the danger of me having an adverse event was greater than the risk of getting covid and recovering. So I made a decision in the best interest of my body.”
Rodgers added that he was worried about the vaccines’ effect on his chances to father children, though the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that there is no evidence that coronavirus vaccines cause fertility problems.

Regarding the NFL’s coronavirus policies, Rodgers said, “they were not based on science at all, they’re based purely on trying to out and shame people” and making unvaccinated people “feel like the most dangerous people in society.” He questioned why the league forces people to wear masks around vaccinated people and why unvaccinated people need to be tested every day when vaccinated people can spread the virus as well.
“The great MLK said, ‘You have a moral obligation to object to unjust rules and rules that make no sense,’ ” Rodgers said, paraphrasing the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
Rogers lashed out at reporters who he said “were trying to shame and out and cancel all us unvaccinated people, call us selfish: ‘You’re selfish for making a decision that’s in the best interest of your body.’ … I go back to two questions for this woke mob: Number one, if the vaccine is so great, then how come so many people are getting covid and spreading covid and unfortunately dying of covid? … For the media out there taking shots at me: Like, you don’t know my story. Now you do. So quit lying about it.”

The NFL said Thursday that it, along with the NFLPA, would review the case to determine whether any protocol violations occurred. The NFL would consider fines for the Packers and Rodgers if protocol violations are established, but Rodgers would not face the possibility of suspension, a person with knowledge of the matter said Thursday night. Rodgers must remain in isolation for 10 days and can rejoin the Packers at that point if he is symptom-free.
Cliff’s notes: WAHHHHH!!!!!

“...said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid”

Lesson #1 It’s ok for nfl to lie but it’s not ok to lie to them.
I think you missed the lesson.

Reactions: win4jj
I'll be honest....never liked Rodgers...but he has managed to make me despise him even more.
On the field he’s a great player, off the field has always come across as a jerk to me.
“...said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid”

Lesson #1 It’s ok for nfl to lie but it’s not ok to lie to them.
So you’re for some reason taking the word of someone who hasn’t been honest?

So the NFL said that as long as you were tested daily for Covid, you could go without the vaccine?

He chose to go without getting the vaccine, but he did get a daily Covid test?

He followed the guidelines; what is the problem here?

That policy was publicly announced sometime along the way, and is somewhat of a standard policy for many organizations.

I guess it is (sort of) fair to ask if the Packers were keeping some sort of tabulation of the test results. They must have understood that he was on a program of daily testing. On the other hand, if Mr. Rogers was simply on the honor system, it is somewhat apparent that he was getting tested regularly ... so again, what is the problem?

If there is an issue anywhere in this developing story, it is perhaps that words (once again) mean different things to different people. Mr. Rogers seems to consider that the word "Vaccinated" has a slightly different meaning from "Immunized."

My results of a Google search:

What is Vaccination?​

It is the drug (weak pathogen/ inactivated viruses) that is administered to a person to prevent the onset of a disease

What is Immunization?​

It is the body’s ability to generate an immune response naturally, or through vaccines. These methods build immunity or resistance towards a particular disease.

It would indeed appear that Mr. Rogers is well-versed on the subject ... and that the reporter was not well-versed on the subject. Additionally, Mr. Rogers seems quite conversant on immunization protocols, so it is clear that he was following somewhat of a specific program.

Last edited:
He doesn't believe it should be political... and, then he goes into detail, specifically, about how Donald Trump's opinions and comments are belittled, and Biden's were applauded.

I believe that he should have been allowed the choice to not get vaxxed. He chose to lie about his vax status. So, don't be too shocked, Aaron, when you're called-out for lying about it. He had reasons for lying... fine. He knew what was at stake, he took a chance based on what he believed. But, he comes-off sounding like some victim and he's the one who freely chose to do what he did. If he's willing to lie about his vax status, then he could be lying throughout the whole video. That's one of the consequences of lying.

It’s a shame Rodgers, along with every other NFL, MLB & NBA player, didn’t take the same approach Novak Djokovic took: “(it’s) a private matter and an inappropriate inquiry”.

In other words, Eff off.

I'd **** mercilessly with the media.

I'd cause them as much misery as possible. I'd want to cause as much misery as possible for all the people that live and die with what they have to say.

\

Sounds like a fun life.........

I'd genuinely enjoy it though. I'm a nice person that has no problem being hated. I'd find it entertaining.

That was one thing I liked about Trump. Media couldn't get the upper hand.

So the NFL said that as long as you were tested daily for Covid, you could go without the vaccine?

He chose to go without getting the vaccine, but he did get a daily Covid test?

He followed the guidelines; what is the problem here?

That policy was publicly announced sometime along the way, and is somewhat of a standard policy for many organizations.

I guess it is (sort of) fair to ask if the Packers were keeping some sort of tabulation of the test results. They must have understood that he was on a program of daily testing. On the other hand, if Mr. Rogers was simply on the honor system, it is somewhat apparent that he was getting tested regularly ... so again, what is the problem?

If there is an issue anywhere in this developing story, it is perhaps that words (once again) mean different things to different people. Mr. Rogers seems to consider that the word "Vaccinated" has a slightly different meaning from "Immunized."

My results of a Google search:

What is Vaccination?​

It is the drug (weak pathogen/ inactivated viruses) that is administered to a person to prevent the onset of a disease

What is Immunization?​

It is the body’s ability to generate an immune response naturally, or through vaccines. These methods build immunity or resistance towards a particular disease.

It would indeed appear that Mr. Rogers is well-versed on the subject ... and that the reporter was not well-versed on the subject. Additionally, Mr. Rogers seems quite conversant on immunization protocols, so it is clear that he was following somewhat of a specific program.

And there you go. Aaron was one step ahead of you guys on that one.

His usage of the world "immunization" misled people but doesn't seem incorrect.

I'm sure he just didn't want to deal with the media circus associated with not getting the vaccine, which is understandable.

Not that I agree with his reasoning not to get it, necessarily, but, whatever.

I probably would've just given them a new reason for not getting it each time interviewed. They'd probably run a bunch of stories before figuring out that I'm just ****ing around.

That would make me happy.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I'd genuinely enjoy it though. I'm a nice person that has no problem being hated. I'd find it entertaining.

That was one thing I liked about Trump. Media couldn't get the upper hand.
You're a strange cat. My FiL hates tv stations as a hobby as well, it seems exhausting.

You're a strange cat. My FiL hates tv stations as a hobby as well, it seems exhausting.

Like hate watching like Trump? I don't do that.

I think it's moreso response to group pressure and coercion. I love it when an individual beats down a group of people. (in most situations)

I think the principle is that they're getting nothing from me based on their advantage in numbers.

That was Trump's one redeeming value in my eyes. It was fun to see the media freakouts and failures.

And I think a lot of people liked that, too. They were just idiots to elect him because he was obviously a deeply problematic leader.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Like hate watching like Trump? I don't do that.

I think it's moreso response to group pressure and coercion. I love it when an individual beats down a group of people. (in most situations)

I think the principle is that they're getting nothing from me based on their advantage in numbers.

That was Trump's one redeeming value in my eyes. It was fun to see the media freakouts and failures.

And I think a lot of people liked that, too. They were just idiots to elect him because he was obviously a deeply problematic leader.
No, I mean referring to the media like a monolith and then spending time seeking out news that supports the belief. It's weird.

Reactions: BelemNole
It’s a shame Rodgers, along with every other NFL, MLB & NBA player, didn’t take the same approach Novak Djokovic took: “(it’s) a private matter and an inappropriate inquiry”.

In other words, Eff off.
Novak has some of the dumbest views of any athlete (about all manner of things) and he’s astute enough to not let them affect his money. I actually respect the hell out of that. Dude is going to retire and come out as a flat-earther.

Reactions: shank hawk
No, I mean referring to the media like a monolith and then spending time seeking out news that supports the belief. It's weird.

Of course you could break the media up into their respective silos or whatnot. It's a lot of the same behaviors though, regardless of what media it is. I mean I could point to the drama seeking media. The media that sees a bunch of news cycles from your story if they can get what they want. That's just media in America right now. For example, I could pick on ESPN's foray into moralism and all the attention stories of character get anymore.

Of course you could break the media up into their respective silos or whatnot. It's a lot of the same behaviors though, regardless of what media it is. I mean I could point to the drama seeking media. The media that sees a bunch of news cycles from your story if they can get what they want. That's just media in America right now. For example, I could pick on ESPN's foray into moralism and all the attention stories of character get anymore.
You could take your business elsewhere, or keep getting led around by the nose...it's obviously up to you. I just doubt you and the rest of the people frothing at the mouth about 'the media' are going to finally crack this 1000 year old issue. Best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT