ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers lashes out against NFL, ‘woke mob’ in defense of vaccination status

This LITERALLY implies the vaccines worked.
Knew you'd say that. We're trying to isolate an effect.

Temporal considerations, Joe. Which I've mentioned a bunch by now. You'd be getting some of the effects associated fresh(er) immunity. Not so fresh? Then not so useful. That's the obvious picture being painted.

And then there is the behavioral components associated with people vaccinated and their communities. They obviously tend to be more risk averse where Covid is concerned. (granted, vaccinated individuals will likely be less risk averse now in certain scenarios)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Knew you'd say that. We're trying to isolate an effect.

And you just stated or implied that "groups of vaccinated people" had lower outbreak levels than "groups of unvaccinated people".

Remember: it requires ONE individual from that group to become exposed and spread it to the whole group. Yet here you are, affirming that groups of vaccinated are somehow less prone to those outbreaks.

It’s well known Rodgers is a huge douche. I’m friends with someone super high up at go daddy. When he was dating Danica he was at quite a few corporate events with her. My buddy said he’s a total dick so that only confirmed to me what you hear about him. I’m a packers fan as well….

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White railed against vaccine mandates in a new interview and declared that he would defy President Joe Biden by not requiring UFC fighters to be vaccinated for COVID-19. The UFC boss defended his decision by simply saying, "This is a free country."

White gave an interview to Fox News'Brian Kilmeade that was released Friday. The UFC president was asked about Biden's sweeping vaccine mandate for businesses with over 100 employees that was made official on Thursday.

"My fighters can get vaccinated or not," White proclaimed. "We're not forcing people to get vaccinated. I believe as an American, that's your choice. If you want to get vaccinated — your body. This is a free country. You do what you want."

You listening, Roger?

Well his ploy worked until mid-season. Technically not a lie it looks like, he just misled people.
Alternative facts? Through-the-looking-glass? He didn't lie, he misled? Don't be the euphemism advocate.

Technically, theoretically, completely, totally, absolutely... he lied. He lied at a press conference and he knew he was lying. Immunized = Vaccinated. He wasn't immunized. He was lying about it because he believed that if he were honest, he'd be scrutinized. So, he lied, and then his lying made the choice to not be vaccinated LOOK worse.

He should be able to make a choice and NOT be ostracized for the choice. But, don't lie about it and then get pissed when you're called-out for lying. Lying about getting vaccinated is a huge dice-roll during a pandemic.

Alternative facts? Through-the-looking-glass? He didn't lie, he misled? Don't be the euphemism advocate.

Technically, theoretically, completely, totally, absolutely... he lied. He lied at a press conference and he knew he was lying. Immunized = Vaccinated. He wasn't immunized. He was lying about it because he believed that if he were honest, he'd be scrutinized. So, he lied, and then his lying made the choice to not be vaccinated LOOK worse.

He should be able to make a choice and NOT be ostracized for the choice. But, don't lie about it and then get pissed when you're called-out for lying. Lying about getting vaccinated is a huge dice-roll during a pandemic.

I said what I said on the basis of him claiming immunized.

Did he mislead? Yes.

Technical untruth? No.

Depends on your definition of lie.

• Haha
Maybe he’s been reading and doesn’t want to risk it.

Please include a smiley face when you post idiotic crap like this. Otherwise, people will think you're serious and attribute it to unbelievable stupidity on your part.

Just trying to help.

5tb62f.jpg

Yeah... we need multiple definitions for lying! lol

That's definitely going to advance the species!

There is a big consensus on lying for some scenarios, but not for others.

Do you feel that most everybody considers it a 'lie' if you mislead through speaking a truth?

To me that's deception, and could be considered a dirty move. But it's different from a lie.

FWIW, I don't care that he misled the media. I'd have a bigger problem with him misleading his own teammates. (if that happened)

• Haha

Do you feel that most everybody considers it a 'lie' if you mislead through speaking a truth?

To me that's deception, and could be considered a dirty move. But it's different from a lie.

FWIW, I don't care that he misled the media. I'd have a bigger problem with him misleading his own teammates. (if that happened)
But you’re deceiving people either way, and he was relying on the fact that he’s generally been honest with the media before that he wouldn’t be pressed too hard on it.

for whatever reason he decided not to get the vaccine. fine. I disagree with that choice but fine. Then he chose to be intentionally dishonest about that decision publicly, and rolling the dice that he wouldn’t get Covid as a result. If he never tested positive, we likely never find out he deceived everyone. But he did and is scrambling to spin it now as a result.

Listen you sanctimonious douche bag - the media is just an intermediary. He lied to everyone via the media. It’s not like it was him and some media types talking off the record- he know what he was saying was being broadcast to the public. He’s a lying asshole. Full stop.

Would you like some dressing with that word salad?

It's not a lie if you believe it, right?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Listen you sanctimonious douche bag - the media is just an intermediary. He lied to everyone via the media. It’s not like it was him and some media types talking off the record- he know what he was saying was being broadcast to the public. He’s a lying asshole. Full stop.

I think it matters what he says to teammates and his organization, but no, so what that he lied to public? I don't care and it's reasonable enough to lie to the public via media over certain issues.

It doesn't affect me at all and I'm not owed the information. So who cares.

He obviously wanted to avoid the firestorm associated with being a high profile that refused the vaccine. He obviously resents what he believes should be a personal decision -- involving your bodily autonomy -- and the way the dominate media and much of social media will judge him. Lebron James has the same position. It's a pretty normal human position -- it's saying: step the **** off.

That so many of you dweebs are getting bent out of shape his behavior is rather hilarious.

I spent about 2 seconds on the story. A lot more time in this thread trying to figure out why it's such a big deal.

I said what I said on the basis of him claiming immunized.

Did he mislead? Yes.

Technical untruth? No.

Depends on your definition of immunized. If he claimed he was immunized by using essential oils, would you consider that the truth?

Depends on your definition of immunized. If he claimed he was immunized by using essential oils, would you consider that the truth?

You didn't talk about definition there. You talked about what actually qualifies as immunization. To answer your question I'd have to know what the person making the claim actually thought. If they actually thought they were immunized by doing X, then no, that's not pushing a known mistruth. If the person making the statement didn't really believe X caused immunization, it would be.

• Haha
He was asked if he had been vaccinated and he said “Yeah.”

That is a lie. The truth would have been, “No.”

This is not complicated.

I never said that wasn't a lie. That would be a lie, of course, if he said that. Originally I just read the quip about immunization. Which is what I was talking about.

One positive thing to come from Covid, it has shown the true colors of a lot of people.

You think somebody lying about a health matter to the public, when the person is nothing but an entertainer, is a big deal?

I've never cared about that. I don't think it speaks much to the person's character at all.

You didn't talk about definition there. You talked about what actually qualifies as immunization. To answer your question I'd have to know what the person making the claim actually thought. If they actually thought they were immunized by doing X, then no, that's not pushing a known mistruth. If the person making the statement didn't really believe X caused immunization, it would be.
So, if I claim to believe my own lie, then it's not a lie?

ehh-its-kind-of-a-stretch-that-was-a-little-forced.gif

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
So, if I claim to believe my own lie, then it's not a lie?

ehh-its-kind-of-a-stretch-that-was-a-little-forced.gif

No, not at all. It's a lie depending on what you actually believed... which you can also lie about. :-D

But that's hard to know in some situations, obviously. We've all had to deal with these situations of not knowing and not being able to get inside somebodies head.

Sure, you could assume that Aaron went with the immunized thing not really believing he did anything to cause immunization. That may be the case.

I think it matters what he says to teammates and his organization, but no, so what that he lied to public? I don't care and it's reasonable enough to lie to the public via media over certain issues.

It doesn't affect me at all and I'm not owed the information. So who cares.

He obviously wanted to avoid the firestorm associated with being a high profile that refused the vaccine. He obviously resents what he believes should be a personal decision -- involving your bodily autonomy -- and the way the dominate media and much of social media will judge him. Lebron James has the same position. It's a pretty normal human position -- it's saying: step the **** off.

That so many of you dweebs are getting bent out of shape his behavior is rather hilarious.

I spent about 2 seconds on the story. A lot more time in this thread trying to figure out why it's such a big deal.
Clearly you don’t care, that’s why you spent so much time trying to defend a blatant lie.

Clearly you don’t care, that’s why you spent so much time trying to defend a blatant lie.

We got arguing about what a lie is. Straight away I said that I believed that the immunization thing was for the purposes of deception.

What I was questioning was whether or not deception is to be considered a lie. My initial assumption was that you could deceive without lying. Although I'm not really sure what the technical definition of a lie is. So I could be wrong.

I mean it was just something to argue about, ultimately. Maybe deception (purposefully misleading) falls under the parent umbrella of lie and I'm wrong. I'm sure it's a google away.

Like I said before, I was barely interested enough to read about the story myself. I got everything from this thread -- your responses to the story was what was curious to me. Entertainers deceiving the media/public over something personal is just not anything I've ever cared about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT