ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers lashes out against NFL, ‘woke mob’ in defense of vaccination status

I never said that wasn't a lie. That would be a lie, of course, if he said that. Originally I just read the quip about immunization. Which is what I was talking about.
Just curious...under what scenarios would Rodgers be considered "immunized"? Give as many specific examples as you think apply.

We got arguing about what a lie is. Straight away I said that I believed that the immunization thing was for the purposes of deception.

What I was questioning was whether or not deception is to be considered a lie. My initial assumption was that you could deceive without lying. Although I'm not really sure what the technical definition of a lie is. So I could be wrong.

I mean it was just something to argue about, ultimately. Maybe deception (purposefully misleading) falls under the parent umbrella of lie and I'm wrong. I'm sure it's a google away.

Like I said before, I was barely interested enough to read about the story myself. I got everything from this thread -- your responses to the story was what was curious to me. Entertainers deceiving the media/public over something personal is just not anything I've ever cared about.

Are you practicing to be an attorney, kind of like Johnnie Cochran?

You think somebody lying about a health matter to the public, when the person is nothing but an entertainer, is a big deal?

I've never cared about that. I don't think it speaks much to the person's character at all.
I never said that. He’s a POS because he’s not vaccinated. He was worried about the J and J when at the time their were like 6 cases out of 6 million. And it was looked into and put back into circulation pretty quickly.

He’s an idiot and I doubt he has any allergies to the mRNA vaccine as well.

“...said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid”

Lesson #1 It’s ok for nfl to lie but it’s not ok to lie to them.

The only evidence for that statement is Aaron Rodgers who was just caught lying about his vaccination status.

So maybe we shouldn't be trusting his word.

I never said that wasn't a lie. That would be a lie, of course, if he said that. Originally I just read the quip about immunization.

“Technically not a lie it looks like, he just misled people.”

The quip about “immunized” was in answer to the question, “have you been vaccinated.” He replied, “Yeah…I’ve been immunized.”

So, technically that WAS a lie.

The quip about “immunized” was in answer to the question, “have you been vaccinated.” He replied, “Yeah…I’ve been immunized.”

He also went went on a long spiel after that sentence to say that he understood that players who didn’t get the vaccine, it was their choice, etc…

his answer was clearly intended to leave the impression that he’d been vaccinated. That, plus his never wearing masks at press conferences or postgames further hammered home this perception.

Holy shit, 5 pages about Rodgers on whether he lied or not. Only skimmed the thread since it's so long but this is awesome.

All of a sudden becoming a huge Rodgers fan for some reason! lol

Holy shit, 5 pages about Rodgers on whether he lied or not. Only skimmed the thread since it's so long but this is awesome.

All of a sudden becoming a huge Rodgers fan for some reason! lol
Did you bet the Chiefs moneyline or something? That would be one explanation

Did you bet the Chiefs moneyline or something? That would be one explanation
I didn't, I took the Bills, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys!!!! My FanDuel account is at $0.00 this morning. Can you believe that shit!!! I don't think anyone covered!!!

Oh wait, the Packers did it was -7!! lol. I should have taken them, I fvcked that up!!

“...said he realized he would not win his argument when one of the NFL’s doctors told him “it was impossible for a vaccinated person to get covid or spread covid”

Lesson #1 It’s ok for nfl to lie but it’s not ok to lie to them.
Yeah - he lied about that as well. You sure do believe a lot of lies and misinformation.

During his impassioned rant on the “Pat McAfee Show” on Friday, Rodgers denied misleading the public about being unvaccinated and attempted to explain why he hasn’t received the shot and why “cancel culture” and a “woke mob” are to blame for the backlash he is experiencing. While doing so, he stated that a league doctor he met with told him, “it’s impossible for a vaccinated person to get COVID or spread COVID.”

Rodgers was attempting to show the amount of unknowns with the virus and vaccines as he spread misinformation that apparently was spread to him. The league, though, says this never happened.

“No doctor from the league or the joint NFL-NFLPA infectious disease consultants communicated with the player,” the NFL said in a statement to Pro Football Talk. “If they had, they certainly would have never said anything like that.”

So, not only does the NFL say a league doctor never communicated the incorrect information with Rodgers, it says a league doctor never communicated with Rodgers at all.

The only evidence for that statement is Aaron Rodgers who was just caught lying about his vaccination status.

So maybe we shouldn't be trusting his word.
Well good thing he's not in charge of anything that actually means anything. Like a politician or something.

Your favorite politician will likely have been caught in a bunch of lies of that quality.

Last edited:
You think somebody lying about a health matter to the public, when the person is nothing but an entertainer, is a big deal?

I've never cared about that. I don't think it speaks much to the person's character at all.
The fact that you don't speaks a lot about your character, and lack thereof.

Amazing that so many of the same people who are duped by Trump and his litany of lies will follow and defend other liars too. So gullible.

No, not at all. It's a lie depending on what you actually believed... which you can also lie about. :-D

But that's hard to know in some situations, obviously. We've all had to deal with these situations of not knowing and not being able to get inside somebodies head.

Sure, you could assume that Aaron went with the immunized thing not really believing he did anything to cause immunization. That may be the case.
If that were the case, and it's not, Aaron would be explaining why he actually is immunized and how he accomplished that. He's not doing so because he can't without looking even more the fool. He's offered nothing other than "woke" and "cancel culture" because he was caught in a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
The fact that you don't speaks a lot about your character, and lack thereof.

Amazing that so many of the same people who are duped by Trump and his litany of lies will follow and defend other liars too. So gullible.
lol

Rodgers came out of this weekend in a stronger position in regards to football. The Packers organization and fans got to see Jordan Love and he was bad. Couldn't even take advantage of a terrible KC Chiefs defense. Couldn't score, and they lose a very winnable game where the Chiefs only score 13.

The Packers need Rodgers and everyone clearly realizes that now.

He's mad enough at the Packers organization, and now the NFL, and was already close to retiring coming into the season...he might just call their bluff and let the Packers and NFL suspend him and make a mess of the season as the Packers collapse on his way out the door.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
"I talked to Joe Rogan about Covid immunization and homeopathic remedies"

"Did you talk with your physician?"

"Well.....I'm immunized" 👀

Reactions: Tom Paris

My post was based on the fact that he said he was immunized. I hadn't read that quote there.

The yeah part could've pushed it to lie status.

My thinking at the time was this, basically what is seen in 1.2 in the document below:

If a person makes a truthful statement with the intention to deceive another person, then she is not lying, according to the untruthfulness condition. For example, if John and Mary are dating, and Valentino is Mary’s ex-boyfriend, and one evening “John asks Mary, ‘Have you seen Valentino this week?,’” and “Mary answers: ‘Valentino’s been sick with mononucleosis for the past two weeks,’” and “Valentino has in fact been sick with mononucleosis for the past two weeks, but it is also the case that Mary had a date with Valentino the night before” (Coleman and Kany 1981, 31), then Mary is not lying to John, even if she is attempting to deceive John. This is what is called a palter (see Schauer and Zeckhauser 2009; they illegitimately add that a palter must succeed in deceiving), or a false implicature (Adler 1997), or an attempt to mislead (Saul 2012b; Webber 2013).
(of course that still wouldn't work definitionally for Rogers if he didn't believe he was immunized)

As the document mentions, there isn't clear universal definition of what a lie is. Which was always pretty apparent to me; I didn't have strong convictions there anyway.

Also: it's not as if deception is really any better than lying anyway, if that's the concern. I just wasn't convinced that to deceive is to lie also.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Rodgers came out of this weekend in a stronger position in regards to football. The Packers organization and fans got to see Jordan Love and he was bad. Couldn't even take advantage of a terrible KC Chiefs defense. Couldn't score, and they lose a very winnable game where the Chiefs only score 13.

The Packers need Rodgers and everyone clearly realizes that now.

He's mad enough at the Packers organization, and now the NFL, and was already close to retiring coming into the season...he might just call their bluff and let the Packers and NFL suspend him and make a mess of the season as the Packers collapse on his way out the door.
Perhaps a bit, but I think he’s done on Green Bay regardless. The way he has handled the srafting the Love, his trade demand on draft day…from what I understand that turned off a lot of packer fans. The fans and franchise are now in an odd position, they know he’s still a great player, but they’re tired of him outside Lambeau.

Memory will make the heart grow fonder when they watch him lead another team to the playoffs next year, while Jordan Love plays average football. Then the Packers will join the ranks of many other teams, churning through average QB's over the next decade looking for the next Rodgers.

Reactions: Bro D
Memory will make the heart grow fonder when they watch him lead another team to the playoffs next year, while Jordan Love plays average football. Then the Packers will join the ranks of many other teams, churning through average QB's over the next decade looking for the next Rodgers.
The worst part is we’re probably looking at what appears to be the worst qb draft class in a decade or more, so it’s either Love or suck it up for Rodgers. But at that point he’d effectively be running the franchise.

So let Rodgers lie and do what he wants including ignoring protocols for unvaccinated players?

My post was based on the fact that he said he was immunized. I hadn't read that quote there.

The yeah part could've pushed it to lie status.

My thinking at the time was this, basically what is seen in 1.2 in the document below:

(of course that still wouldn't work definitionally for Rogers if he didn't believe he was immunized)

As the document mentions, there isn't clear universal definition of what a lie is. Which was always pretty apparent to me; I didn't have strong convictions there anyway.

Also: it's not as if deception is really any better than lying anyway, if that's the concern. I just wasn't convinced that to deceive is to lie also.
People can deceive without stating an outright lie. Rodgers both lied and deceived. No amount of spin by you in a lame attempt to be "right" about the technicalities of lying changes that.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Why does anyone give a fick it this guy lied about it to the public? His boss knew and the NFL knew. WHO CARES???? Real 1st world problems we got going on here!!!!

Apparently, they "didn't know"

Because per league policies, he was supposed to follow different travel protocols if unvaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT