ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron White

If Aaron White & Jarrod Uthoff had a year of eligibilty left and you could only take one, which one would you take?
And who would help this season's team more?

If Aaron White & Jarrod Uthoff had a year of eligibilty left and you could only take one, which one would you take?

Given the needs of the team, I'd have to say White. He wouldn't need to shoot threes, just find that open spot in the short corner and catch/dunk, rebound and steal/breakaway dunk. He was really good at all of those things and this years team could us each of them.

Agree w/ SSG T. Uthoff was a great player but this team doesn't need more scoring. They could really use White's attitude, demeanor, and toughness. White could always do the little things and didn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. He was the ultimate garbage player (I mean that in a very positive way) of the McCaffrey era.

White had a real swagger to his game and played w/a chip on his shoulder but Uthoff could light it up from anywhere plus he blocked a ton of shots up at the top of the D.
Imagine White & Cook tearing down the rim night after night! Who'd have more dunks?

I'll take White. Uthoff is more athletic, but AW is tougher. This team needs toughness.

We’ve got enough bigs. Uthoff’s shooting would help but would clog the rotation again and take away from the physical style of the current team. Would actually love to have Jok back for a year with this team.

AW was not as skilled but way tougher. I would take AW every day of the week and twice on game day

I guess it depends what your team needs...guy to get his own shot and shoot the 3 when he comes off the buss. JU. If you need a alpha male that tells a team we are going to practice till I say we are done and get you 14 and 7 a night then AW.

Reactions: Sheahawk
We’ve got enough bigs. Uthoff’s shooting would help but would clog the rotation again and take away from the physical style of the current team. Would actually love to have Jok back for a year with this team.
Agreed but I would go with Devyn Marble over Jok. CM has shown glimpses, and Wieskamp has as well, but a slasher (edit: specifically guards) who can finish at the hoop is one thing this team is missing.

His versatility in terms of position and who he can defend would be useful as well

I'll take White. Uthoff is more athletic, but AW is tougher. This team needs toughness.
Tougher? Why did he disappear when we played physical teams like MSU. Look up his rebound totals and you will be shocked.

Happy birthday AW!!
Is it just me, or has Iowa basketball had a disproportionate number of players with the initials "AW"?

In recent years we've had Aaron White, Adam Woodbury, and Ahmad Wagner. Go back a few years, and you can add Andre Woolridge to the list.

Just seems kind of odd.

Really cool initials, though, btw. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT