ADVERTISEMENT

Abe Assad

Not to get into details but it was a strange year for Abe. Slow to get started due to injuries last year that required the recovery over the summer and into fall. And then something came up end of January.
Anybody who couldn't tell something was wrong with Abe around the Okie St meet wasn't looking hard enough. He's been a bit snakebitten to this point, but I have confidence he's gonna put together a couple good years if he can stay healthy.

I think this young man has talent, he just needs to work on becoming stronger. Not sure what Cass's strength and conditioning regiment was but Abe needs to get on that program. He needs to become a disciplined leader of this team. Hope He does because we need points from 184.

Cass didn't get any bigger, he got leaner. He was already jacked. I do agree that Abe would benefit greatly from an off-season spent bulking up.

Agree Abe seems a bit outsized/underpowered vs some of his opponents. I'd like Cass to get his weight back up to 250-255 at least. Under 240 is too light.
if it’s the right kind of weight..... he should be working out with the football team

Reactions: Im4Iowa
Iowa’s wrestlers should go workout in State College during the off-season.

He's a starter for Iowa, it goes without saying that he was injured. Its basically a foregone conclusion at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT