ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion Poll

What is your view?

• I believe abortion should be illegal. Roe vs. Wade should be reversed.

Votes: 45 25.4%
  • I don't care. I'm not going to get wrapped up in this debate.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I support the current abortion law as it stands today.

Votes: 108 61.0%

• Total voters
Curious if anyone has been to an abortion clinic- either as a female getting one, or a male being there for chick he banged/sister/OP mom.

Curious if anyone has been to an abortion clinic- either as a female getting one, or a male being there for chick he banged/sister/OP mom.

I have been.

I happened to see a documentary about 3 weeks ago that was very eye opening. It was a clinic in Philadelphia. It did an excellent job of showing the struggles faced by the women making the decision. And I showed the pain experienced by many. Twice women elected to terminate twins as I recall.

While I strongly believe that life begins at conception, I will say that I highly doubt many women take the process lightly.

I have been.

I happened to see a documentary about 3 weeks ago that was very eye opening. It was a clinic in Philadelphia. It did an excellent job of showing the struggles faced by the women making the decision. And I showed the pain experienced by many. Twice women elected to terminate twins as I recall.

While I strongly believe that life begins at conception, I will say that I highly doubt many women take the process lightly.

I know at least two women that had them under very different circumstances. Neither took it lightly.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Off on a tangent but one of the best sequences in Fast Times at Ridgemont High depicts how big brother treats little sister after hers.

MV5BZjFhOWYzNjUtOTQyZS00MDk1LWI5YTktYWRiNzk5MWM3Y2U1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

And I'll bet serious money that both suffer pain from it to this day.

It's a awful thing.

I have mentioned this before on here, but one was my ex-wife, close Catholic family. The guilt over it has had far reaching effects. This, despite the fact that she was raped and very young at the time. The butter on the proverbial shit sandwich was her not being able to get pregnant during our marriage. She always blamed herself despite both of us having medical issues at different times. Brutal.

Let's see, god performed an abortion on both my wife and daughter but medicine just called them miscarriages.

As an older vasectomized male with a 70 year old spouse, I should have little personal need for abortive medical services, but I'd like to think that both my daughter and granddaughter would have the option of making a free medical choice.

I have been.

Women used to be less distressed by it. Most women, that is. A few decades of relentless "you are murdering your baby" propaganda and TV shows where the heroines choose to keep their babies to wonderful music, total family support, and no negative consequences have laid a thick guilt trip on the issue.

Cons bitch all the time about Hollywood liberals, but this is certainly one issue where Hollywood has been toeing the religious/conservative line most of the time for quite a while.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm not OB/GYN, but the government has no part in mine or any other doctor's exam room. They and insurance company businessmen already have too much say in healthcare. This is a medical decision between a woman and her provider. No one else.

Cons bitch all the time about Hollywood liberals, but this is certainly one issue where Hollywood has been toeing the religious/conservative line most of the time for quite a while.

To be fair that is the safer way to go.

Pro-choicers arn't going to get mad as long as it was her decision. They will like the character regardless

Pro-lifers it would cause them to lose sympathy for the character.

I tend to think Hollywood leans left a little bit but sometimes when you approach a controversial issue like that you just have to play the direction that gets the least people upset.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I'm not OB/GYN, but the government has no part in mine or any other doctor's exam room. They and insurance company businessmen already have too much say in healthcare. This is a medical decision between a woman and her provider. No one else.

Oh bull, you brought the government in once you applied for a medical license. And that's a good thing. Medicine like all other things needs oversight.

Now again you can argue about the level of oversight with this "procedure" but you present it as though there is no governmental oversight of your profession when indeed as you should know there is a great deal of it.

^ This. My Libertarian leanings shutter at this thought. The impracticality and cost of investigating every miscarriage is ridiculous. For example, the effects of the morning after pill is indistinguishable from an early term miscarriage. Stupid Southerners.

I have mentioned this before on here, but one was my ex-wife, close Catholic family. The guilt over it has had far reaching effects. This, despite the fact that she was raped and very young at the time. The butter on the proverbial shit sandwich was her not being able to get pregnant during our marriage. She always blamed herself despite both of us having medical issues at different times. Brutal.

Sorry you had to go through that.

Not really a good option to choose in your poll. I believe as a society we would be far better off if abortion was not needed. But people are not responsible, and there is no way we could support all of the orphanages or foster homes in the system if banned abortion. Because if it was banned it is not going to all the sudden make the people using the service responsible.

And just to be clear I think abortion should be allowed in cases of rape, incest or harm to the mother.

I have as well, which is why I asked. My ex had two. Left me a little wrecked, and her more messed up than she was already

Like David Cross says don't worry folks back alley abortions are much safer today. Plastic clothes hangers people.

Last edited:
Other than setting and enforcing minimum standards of care, as necessary, I agree.

To be fair that is the safer way to go.

Pro-choicers arn't going to get mad as long as it was her decision. They will like the character regardless

Pro-lifers it would cause them to lose sympathy for the character.

I tend to think Hollywood leans left a little bit but sometimes when you approach a controversial issue like that you just have to play the direction that gets the least people upset.
No doubt.

It's still pandering to the religious/conservative line.

Hollywood stopped pandering like that on things like interracial and gay relationships. A shame they don't have similar courage on abortion.

No doubt.

It's still pandering to the religious/conservative line.

Hollywood stopped pandering like that on things like interracial and gay relationships. A shame they don't have similar courage on abortion.

Not going to happen any time soon. Even many people who are pro-choice are uncomfortable with treating abortion in such a cavalier manner. In my view they know that it's wrong, opposing it is just harder to say it should be legal but question the morality of it.

We are not anywhere close to the time that people are going to treat it like it's no big deal.

I would prefer a few more options, but as you set up the poll, it's easy to pick the 3rd option. I don't really support the status quo, but I definitely prefer it to the other choices.

I thought about more options but I figured there were too many variables. KISS method prevailed.

The way this site leans left it wont be a surprise.

There are a lot of cons here. They just don't call people names and pretend to be really smart. :)

Now watch, someone will say that's because cons are not smart. When you call people names and belittle them, it's hard for people to evaluate you perspective. :cool:

Oh bull, you brought the government in once you applied for a medical license. And that's a good thing. Medicine like all other things needs oversight.

Now again you can argue about the level of oversight with this "procedure" but you present it as though there is no governmental oversight of your profession when indeed as you should know there is a great deal of it.

In no way did I say there shouldn't be oversight. But Name another medical procedure that has been outlawed or has been interfered with like this. Whether or not they will pay for it does not count. Other than physician assisted suicide (which is not a procedure), I can't think of one.

Not going to happen any time soon. Even many people who are pro-choice are uncomfortable with treating abortion in such a cavalier manner. In my view they know that it's wrong, opposing it is just harder to say it should be legal but question the morality of it.

We are not anywhere close to the time that people are going to treat it like it's no big deal.

One reason I have tried to avoid a firm stance is that I have absolutely no personal or emotional connection to this. No family member (at least so far as I'm aware), has ever had an abortion. I only knew one girl in my high school that got pregnant and I wasn't particularly close to her (she had two kids in high school for what it's worth).

This is one of the most personal, emotional decisions a woman will ever potentially encounter in their lives. Aside from wanting give them all the information they could want, and ensuring her safety (physical and emotional), I don't feel qualified to make the decision for them.

Women used to be less distressed by it. Most women, that is. A few decades of relentless "you are murdering your baby" propaganda and TV shows where the heroines choose to keep their babies to wonderful music, total family support, and no negative consequences have laid a thick guilt trip on the issue.

That's the dumbest thing you've ever typed WWJD. And no disrespect intended. Taking the life of your baby has always been excruciating for mothers. And I know it comes with terrible consequences for a great % of women.

Certainly the "you are murdering your baby" belief protesters have some impact. But the magnitude of the process certainly merits the additional consideration by those compelled to abort a child.

I have been.

I watched that one too herk.....and you are correct.

Reactions: Herkmeister
ADVERTISEMENT