ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/B1G Challenge B1G wins 8-6

Izzo and Company were totally outplayed. MSU now has 3 losses.

Michigan played Lewuhvul exactly the opposite of how they played against UNC in the Bahamas.

I'm not expecting the Heels to beat the Buckeyes. I think OSU is the best team in the Big10

Reactions: CadetHawk
Games of December 3rd...

FSU 64
Indiana 80

Michigan 43
Louisville 58

Duke 87
MSU 75

Northwestern 82
Boston College 64

Iowa 68
Syracuse 54

Rutgers 60
Pittsburgh 71

It appears to be our standard offensively challenged Ham-coached team.
Fran's teams have typically been high scoring and defensively challenged. Lack of athleticism and all, ya know.

This year, however, it seems that may be reversing a little, but I haven't studied the numbers.

I am 100 percent confident that Iowa is the best team in the country that starts an all-caucasian starting 5. :)

Wow-Thats-Racist.jpg

Reactions: GOHOX69
Michigan St. is over rated and will be
lucky to win the Big Ten Conference.
It is humbling for Izzo to lose to Duke
on his home court.

Fran's teams have typically been high scoring and defensively challenged. Lack of athleticism and all, ya know.

This year, however, it seems that may be reversing a little, but I haven't studied the numbers.
Kenpom has Iowa at #38.
6th in offensive efficiency and 105th in defensive efficiency. So it's pretty much the same as always.

I am 100 percent confident that Iowa is the best team in the country that starts an all-caucasian starting 5. :)
It's not like we haven't worked hard to recruit black players and I heard our next 5 recruits are all black ( or at least " Obama " black ;) ) It seems once we land black players many of them stay here and raise their kids here, eventually we'll be starting the offspring of past players...

Roy Marble gave the Hawkeyes his
son Devon. This is called a legacy
player.

Todd Lickliter gave the Hawkeyes his
son, Jon. This is called nepotism and
it stinks.

Reactions: CadetHawk
Izzo and Company were totally outplayed. MSU now has 3 losses.

Michigan played Lewuhvul exactly the opposite of how they played against UNC in the Bahamas.

I'm not expecting the Heels to beat the Buckeyes. I think OSU is the best team in the Big10
I couldn't watch that one. Izzo and Ratface are the 2 coaches I most enjoy watching lose and it was guaranteed that one of them was going to win.

Reactions: strummingram
I couldn't watch that one. Izzo and Ratface are the 2 coaches I most enjoy watching lose and it was guaranteed that one of them was going to win.
I don't really mind Izzo. Roy Williams has a pretty good record against ol' Tommy Boy! Now, Shuh-shef-skee is another story altogether!

Reactions: cigaretteman
The 8-6 W/L record isn't really telling the story here.

All 8 of the BT wins were basically blowouts.

4 of the ACC wins were blowouts (including MSU loss, which even though 'only' a 12 pt loss, they were never in that game)
1 ACC win was close until the end (Pitt/Rutgers) - close meaning <10 pt difference in the waning minutes; Rutgers got within 6 or 7 pts there, but not a nailbiter by any stretch
1 ACC win was basically a tossup (2pt Miami/Illinois); that game was a blowout, but Illinois mounted a major comeback and got within 1 pt with about 1 min left.

BT dominated in every win they had. If you added up the point differentials, the BT outscored the ACC by 91 points. That is a LOT for a mere +2 win differential.

Purdue +29
OSU +25
Penn St +22
Maryland +21
NW +18
MN +18
Indiana +16
Iowa +14

Illinois -2
Rutgers -11
MSU -12
Michigan -15
Wisconsin -15
Nebraska -17

In the past, the BT hasn't had the top-tier teams the ACC has had, but better top/bottom teams overall. This year, it looks like the BT has both.

Last edited:
I think Ohio State has looked really really good so far this year. Might be the best team in the BIG.

It will be tough watching DJ Carton, but you cant blame the kid for choosing OSU. They looked very good last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT