ADVERTISEMENT

According to @rivalsmike IOWA is O-Line U!

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
We are in very esteemed company in Mikes list of five schools producing perennial O-line talent for the NFL. Yes the number continues to grow and We have 2 potential all world tackles right now. James Daniels will likely go in the 1st round of the draft coming up in less than 2 weeks. Doing all this pulling in the overlooked and underrated. O-line Pedigree folks, it starts at IOWA!

good pub is good pub, but I thought it was odd that he didn't list the number of players from each of these schools that are currently on rosters in the NFL.

good pub is good pub, but I thought it was odd that he didn't list the number of players from each of these schools that are currently on rosters in the NFL.
I love coming out on top, but I don't take a list of potential O-line U schools seriously if Wisconsin isn't on the list (as I wouldn't if Iowa were not on the list).

I love coming out on top, but I don't take a list of potential O-line U schools seriously if Wisconsin isn't on the list (as I wouldn't if Iowa were not on the list).
I think Wisconsin currently has 7 OL active in the NFL after Joe Thomas retiring. Iowa and Alabama each have 10 right now.

Wisconsin still has some really good ones among those 7 for sure.

This is correct. I don't think many (even on HR) could argue with taking Wisconsin above Iowa when it comes to being "O-Line U". To have Iowa winning it and not even list Wisconsin is.... a head-scratcher for sure.

Not going to complain though.

Reactions: pink shizzle
This is correct. I don't think many (even on HR) could argue with taking Wisconsin above Iowa when it comes to being "O-Line U". To have Iowa winning it and not even list Wisconsin is.... a head-scratcher for sure.

Not going to complain though.
I didn't do the article - they just asked me for a quote - but I think it was mainly about quantity, as in which programs produce the most NFL offensive linemen. Right now, that's Iowa and Alabama with 10 active OL in the NFL and they gave the nod to Iowa.

They did include Stanford, who has 6, so Wisconsin (with 7 good ones) should have been listed as well.

NO question Wisconsin should be on the list in place of TAMU. They have some real hoggs in the league. However I think there is some delusion out there about the quality of at least one of their former OL.

Love that response by @rivalsmike! BAhahahaha. Joe Thomas the best Lineman ever. GTFO!

It always baffles me how we don’t get higher ranking skill positions knowing you will have blocking from future NFL stud lineman.

Reactions: blhawk
It always baffles me how we don’t get higher ranking skill positions knowing you will have blocking from future NFL stud lineman.

Specifically running back, "We" should land a stud every year at RB. I am very bullish on Geil and Tracy so I think the staff has a good thing going. Imo, the true test of this will be Gavin Holmes. Unless he was born in red and yellow they HAVE to land that kid. That's the easiest sale there is.

Reactions: Harbinger273
I think Wisconsin currently has 7 OL active in the NFL after Joe Thomas retiring. Iowa and Alabama each have 10 right now.

Wisconsin still has some really good ones among those 7 for sure.
I hear you. I was mostly just hyperbolously pointing out what I think is a glaring omission. I wasn't actually trying to dismiss whoever put it together, despite how I phrased it.

To be honest, I can't claim to know enough about teams not on Iowa's schedule to dismiss them. And it's tricky comparing lines that run different offenses, too.

Reactions: Blair Sanderson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT