ADVERTISEMENT

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ May report, the U.S has lost 1.1mm full-time jobs & gained 1.5mm part-time jobs over the past 12 months.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
6ec.jpg

Reactions: Letsgohawks411
First line of report:

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 272,000 in May, and the unemployment rate changed little at 4.0 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment continued to trend up in several industries, led by health care; government; leisure and hospitality; and professional, scientific, and technical services.

First line of report:

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 272,000 in May, and the unemployment rate changed little at 4.0 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment continued to trend up in several industries, led by health care; government; leisure and hospitality; and professional, scientific, and technical services.
Its that full time vs part time thing that's getting you, keep working on it.

• Haha
Reactions: BDE420
16% is significant. That's 1 of 6 jobs that add little to the GDP and come at an ongoing COST.
According to this chart, government employment has remained flat relative to overall job growth.

To wit, in 2014, government employment was 21.9 million (19% of all nonfarm employment). In 2024, government employment is 23.3 million, or 15% of all nonfarm employment.

According to this chart, government employment has remained flat relative to overall job growth.

To wit, in 2014, government employment was 21.9 million (19% of all nonfarm employment). In 2024, government employment is 23.3 million, or 15% of all nonfarm employment.
fewer federal govt employees now than at trump admin peak in august/sept 2020

Reactions: OrlandNole
Part of that is nurses. None of these entitled Karens want a FT job anymore. They want the flexibility to work whenever they want to work, and to hell with what their patients need.

I say they should become Uber drivers if that's the life they want.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Part of that is nurses. None of these entitled Karens want a FT job anymore. They want the flexibility to work whenever they want to work, and to hell with what their patients need.

The shortage will only continue to make things worse. The nurses have all the power right now.

There’s a reason for this healthcare management prick!
30-40 years ago hospitals were in merger mania and cutting nursing staff was too priority and in fact, many hospitals around here paid RNs FTE wages and benefits if they agreed to cut their work hours 8-12 hrs weekly. Your current crisis is tge markets reaction to your actions a few decades ago, so phuque you…you ain’t getting any sympathy from me. You treat someone like a POS, guess what is coming back at you. Can you blame some of this on “unions” too, you goddamned management tool,

There’s a reason for this healthcare management prick!
30-40 years ago hospitals were in merger mania and cutting nursing staff was too priority and in fact, many hospitals around here paid RNs FTE wages and benefits if they agreed to cut their work hours 8-12 hrs weekly. Your current crisis is tge markets reaction to your actions a few decades ago, so phuque you…you ain’t getting any sympathy from me. You treat someone like a POS, guess what is coming back at you. Can you blame some of this on “unions” too, you goddamned management tool,

I don't work for a hospital and I didn't work in healthcare management 30-40 years ago.

I don't work for a hospital and I didn't work in healthcare management 30-40 years ago.
You’re defending them now…nursing home….hospitals… cousins. Just understand there is a reason for things being the way they are. Nurses got phuqued over big time….mostly because they were non-union employees and had no one to fight their fights.

You’re defending them now…nursing home….hospitals… cousins. Just understand there is a reason for things being the way they are. Nurses got phuqued over big time….mostly because they were non-union employees and had no one to fight their fights.
So you admit these job numbers Biden has been touting are bullshit?

Oh, bullshit.

The reason for the nursing shortage is certain people in society telling young women, "Don't be a nurse. Be a doctor."

While I can appreciate this glass ceiling stuff, the end result is feminists discourage women from pursuing careers in "female dominated" professions.

Its the same story with teachers.

Meanwhile, we're all going to need a teacher and we're all going to need a nurse. But when that time comes, we might not get one.

Thanks, liberal asshats.

Oh, bullshit.

The reason for the nursing shortage is certain people in society telling young women, "Don't be a nurse. Be a doctor."

While I can appreciate this glass ceiling stuff, the end result is feminists discourage women from pursuing careers in "female dominated" professions.

Its the same story with teachers.

Meanwhile, we're all going to need a teacher and we're all going to need a nurse. But when that time comes, we might not get one.

Thanks, liberal asshats.
Bullshit, Trad. I witnessed it first hand. Good solid Runs with 19-15 yrs in, being told to cut their hours…moved to different work shifts and says I’d week….all to get them (and their salaries) out of the system. . dr’s? … bullshit. I know as many ENTs and oaea-medics that have moved to Med school as RBs….. and why not become an RN? Now “feminists” are becoming capitalists…and you think that is wrong? Gimme a break, Trad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT