ADVERTISEMENT

Activist Asks To Lead Satanic Prayer At FL High School Football Game

MeaslyValuableBalloonfish-size_restricted.gif

Every Fall Friday night across the great state of Iowa, football teams will gather near their respective end zone and either a coach, clergy, student, player, faculty member or community member will lead the team in prayer. Players have every right to walk away, pray to their own deity in private, or simply tune out the prayer. The after the two teams battle on the gridiron, many of those same players will gather at midfield and pray again.

Oh well.

Every Fall Friday night across the great state of Iowa, football teams will gather near their respective end zone and either a coach, clergy, student, player, faculty member or community member will lead the team in prayer. Players have every right to walk away, pray to their own deity in private, or simply tune out the prayer. The after the two teams battle on the gridiron, many of those same players will gather at midfield and pray again.

Oh well.
Not when I was in school.

And that's the problem with allowing these public displays of religions in government institutions.
There is no place for politics in religion....and there is no place for religion in politics. That is nothing more than common sense. To “combine” the two in any way is to exercise poor judgement. Unfortunately, the using of poor judgement is not by itself against the law or our nation’s Constitution.
Many Americans just are not very smart.

That’s the problem - it is not possible to measure such a thing. The issue is that such things are coercive by nature.
Post 106, two students choosing not to participate were named captains. That evil vindictive coach.

Which is entirely beside the point.
We are on a thread where someone unaffiliated with the team along with a bunch of people in the thread believe he should receive access to the game field to do a satanic ritual.

Apparently, nothing is “besides the point.”

Which is entirely beside the point.

That's entirely the point. Mepo asked if anyone was impacted, art said it couldn't be measured, yet the coach named two players that didn't participate as captains.

MepoDawg# said:
Back to the original story. Were any players impacted by not participating and didn’t play or played less?

artradley said:
That’s the problem - it is not possible to measure such a thing. The issue is that such things are coercive by nature.

I love this too! These are the exact kinds of responses that recent Supreme Court rulings and various state statutes need in order to point out how truly awful they are. If the coach can lead a Christian prayer, this activist should be allowed to lead a satanic prayer for the exact same reason.
As a Christian, I absolutely agree. I want my freedom to exercise my faith 100x more than I want you to share my belief.

That's entirely the point. Mepo asked if anyone was impacted, art said it couldn't be measured, yet the coach named two players that didn't participate as captains.

artradley said:
If impossible to measure how can one say it’s coercive by nature? If you can say it’s coercive then it must have been measured at some point. But like I posted, two kids didn’t like it and didn’t participate. They were later named team captains. In this case, it wasn’t coercive nor did it negatively impact the players standing on the team. But every situation is different due to variables that can’t be duplicated to another situation, similar to police encounters.

I already stated I don’t care if the coach prays. I never saw it as a player in Eastern Iowa though. Are you from NW Iowa?
Happened to me at City High 20+ years ago, I will say that I felt coerced to participate.

Ok. I really just can't remember a team praying on the field. We played a couple of Catholic schools as well. I think most of that was done in the locker rooms in the past.
The PA announcer led a prayer before our game last year @ IC Regina. Nobody complained.

If impossible to measure how can one say it’s coercive by nature? If you can say it’s coercive then it must have been measured at some point. But like I posted, two kids didn’t like it and didn’t participate. They were later named team captains. In this case, it wasn’t coercive nor did it negatively impact the players standing on the team. But every situation is different due to variables that can’t be duplicated to another situation, similar to police encounters.
Parents complained that their sons felt pressured to participate. There's your measurement.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Parents complained that their sons felt pressured to participate. There's your measurement.
Parents complain that their kid was treated unfairly and deserved an A in algebra. Does that mean their grade should be automatically changed without any evidence?

Parents complain that their kid was treated unfairly and deserved an A in algebra. Does that mean their grade should be automatically changed without any evidence?
LOL...what evidence do you want? You want the boys to come forward and testify? High school kids already under pressure? You take it on faith that those captains were opposed to the prayer service but you need evidence that others felt coerced? Seems you have differing levels of proof depending on where the testimony comes from.

Why would a Christian want to pray like a hypocrite instead of the way the Bible instructs?

Matthew 6
1 “
Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Reactions: hwk23
LOL...what evidence do you want? You want the boys to come forward and testify? High school kids already under pressure? You take it on faith that those captains were opposed to the prayer service but you need evidence that others felt coerced? Seems you have differing levels of proof depending on where the testimony comes from.
Your ONLY evidence is the parents complaining. No, that is not enough as evidenced in every school district in the country.

Why would a Christian want to pray like a hypocrite instead of the way the Bible instructs?

Matthew 6
1 “
Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Well, we know that many/most of these evangelical "christians" are hypocrites of the highest order who have no use for the actual book of their "faith".

Matthew 6
1 “
I understand this, but in actuality, this might be the ONLY time some people see a Christian man standing up for what he believes. It might be the only chance for some people to be introduced to the gospel. It could be a huge victory for Christ without causing any problems other than atheists complaining.

I understand this, but in actuality, this might be the ONLY time some people see a Christian man standing up for what he believes. It might be the only chance for some people to be introduced to the gospel. It could be a huge victory for Christ without causing any problems other than atheists complaining.
WTAF?

Reactions: sob5
Do you live in an alternate reality in which religion is persecuted? Don't you live in NW Iowa?

Reactions: sob5
Did you just “but actually” god?

That changes nothing.
Sure it does. If you are trying to compare it to an algebra grade. I would believe that the teacher would have record of scores/homework/etc. You think a parent would testify that their child deserved an A without evidence?

ADVERTISEMENT