ADVERTISEMENT

Adams to Houston

6th round. Thanks for a memorable year, Jake!

Was just coming over to post this. 181st overall pick much higher than he was projected so I don't see how he could turn it down. This pick has a slot value of $250K.

Congrats to Jake!! he had a hell of a year and opened some eyes.

Adams is definitely gone, best of luck to him. Always happy to see McCoy going from undrafted last year to this. Things have a funny way of working themselves out.

Didnt he actually get drafted but chose not to sign?

McCoy was not drafted last year. He probably should have been a day three pick and probably would have left. He was great defensively this year and ends up being one of the highest drafted Hawkeyes (next to Adams) in recent memory. Hickman was drafted in the 7th round a couple years ago.

Does anyone know if Adams has any experience playing in a wood bat League? I haven't seen anything.

While some players have a difficult time adjusting from aluminum to Wood I don't see that as being a problem for a guy who barrels up as many balls as he does.

Also, so many guys use wood bats for practice nowadays that it doesn't seem to be as big of an issue as it might have been 10 years ago

Does anyone know if Adams has any experience playing in a wood bat League? I haven't seen anything.

While some players have a difficult time adjusting from aluminum to Wood I don't see that as being a problem for a guy who barrels up as many balls as he does.

Also, so many guys use wood bats for practice nowadays that it doesn't seem to be as big of an issue as it might have been 10 years ago

I imagine he has played summer leagues before, most of those (if not all) are wood.

Was just coming over to post this. 181st overall pick much higher than he was projected so I don't see how he could turn it down. This pick has a slot value of $250K.

Congrats to Jake!! he had a hell of a year and opened some eyes.

i didn't see where he was projected. can you guys fill me in there?

also - aren't the QC riverbandits the A team for the astros? any chance he'll be there later this summer?

i didn't see where he was projected. can you guys fill me in there?

also - aren't the QC riverbandits the A team for the astros? any chance he'll be there later this summer?

Projected in rounds 6-10 so he has to be excited. Adams will likely begin his career in the New York-Penn League for the Tri-City ValleyCats. If he tears it up he could wind up in the QC later this summer, though it's unlikely.

ADVERTISEMENT