ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas......wft.

timinatoria

HR Legend
Nov 26, 2004
Seriously, how dumb can people be? Doesn't anybody proof these mass emails before they go out?

screen_shot_20170418_at_31233_pm.jpg

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...congratulating-2017-boston-marathon-survivors

Reactions: The Tradition
My god, do people go out of their way to be offended? They're clearly just saying congrats, on finishing an extremely grueling race.

3 years ago 3 people were killed by a terrorist attack in the Boston Marathon. 14 others lost limbs, dozens more wounded, police were shot trying to catch the guys who did it. You might have heard about it.

It's pretty reasonable that people think it's a poor choice of words at best.

3 years ago 3 people were killed by a terrorist attack in the Boston Marathon. 14 others lost limbs, dozens more wounded, police were shot trying to catch the guys who did it. You might have heard about it.

Yea, I remember it. I watched it unfold on TV. I can also see that Adidas had no malicious intent in that tweet.

My god, do people go out of their way to be offended? They're clearly just saying congrats, on finishing an extremely grueling race.
I 100% agree with you, but in today's climate it was incredibly stupid. Unfortunately, these companies should now be quadruple checking what statements can be seen by the public If the media can possibly manufacture something offensive from your statement, social media will erupt and you are the national headline.

Reactions: Foxclone
Yea, I remember it. I watched it unfold on TV. I can also see that Adidas had no malicious intent in that tweet.

I didn't say they had malicious intent, I said they were stupid, inept, and/or completely tone deaf. I don't want anyone to boycott or any of that nonsense, I actually like Adidias. But come on, it was an incredibly dumb email.

Reactions: BelemNole
It reminds me of this one. The editor said it was a total mistake. That he's used this phrase a thousand times. Ok, but it's still incredibly stupid to use it when the hottest Asian player on the planet was the focal point of a loss. This still makes me LOL for the stupidity of it.
17e78w4n9qyjwjpg.jpg
I see your point, I'm saying as a society we should not be so over reactive on little inconsequential gaffes.

giphy.gif

PSA to OP. If you're involved in other SJW activities, don't call for scalps on Facebook.

That shit will backfire on you big time.

It reminds me of this one. The editor said it was a total mistake. That he's used this phrase a thousand times. Ok, but it's still incredibly stupid to use it when the hottest Asian player on the planet was the focal point of a loss. This still makes me LOL for the stupidity of it.
17e78w4n9qyjwjpg.jpg
That's pretty funny.

PSA to OP. If you're involved in other SJW activities, don't call for scalps on Facebook.

That shit will backfire on you big time.

Lol....I'm not involved in any SJW activities. Does my post count? I was more trying to point out stupidity by Adidas, not outrage. I'm not offended by Adidas, I'm laughing at them.

I see your point, I'm saying as a society we should not be so over reactive on little inconsequential gaffes.

giphy.gif
Agreed, but this is the kind of small, dumb, stuff that makes social media go. It wasn't surprising, especially given the recent Pepsi and United Airlines incidents, that this blew way up.

we were not allowed then to call them terrorists

Here is the main problem that I have, group A sees x statement from (A) perspective, group B sees x statement from (B) perspective. Group B gets offended by group A's POV. Where do we draw the line where (B)>(A) or vice versa, is it populism? Does it even matter because society always counter corrects itself?

Reactions: terrehawk
Here is the main problem that I have, group A sees x statement from (A) perspective, group B sees x statement from (B) perspective. Group B gets offended by group A's POV. Where do we draw the line where (B)>(A) or vice versa, is it populism? Does it even matter because society always counter corrects itself?
I am following YOU!!!!

I have a former coworker that attempted to scam our employer, by claim she slipped on some ice in our entry way. Sadly she was caught by myself and others, rehearsing her act. She was practicing slipping on the ice after hours. 2 days later she tried to "slip" in front of 3-4 people when we were walking out for the day and ended up tearing an ACL and other crap. She didnt get shit except fired, when it came to light that people had watched her "practice" her schtick.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
Companies prolly should hire a "sensitivity" dept.-A group of limpwristed bleeding hearts..
You would think. But in this thread it's the cons complaining about hurt feelings and the bleeding hearts defending corporate America. What a world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT