ADVERTISEMENT

ADMINS: Please Pin This Want of Bee List

Also.........

"It won't be soon before long"
It is "beyond my apprehension"
"It has lots of installation""
This post was edited on 3/29 1:28 PM by Heidemannn

No want of bee thread is complete without emmitt smith. Here's a link to a blog of his super bowl prediction. (No not really).

His stunning work for ESPN is all over you tube. Including such moments as "escape goat" "carousing the ball carrier" and "sharp as a whistle"
This post was edited on 2/20 11:54 PM by TAikin

The Patriots will avail

Tracy McGrady runs with "Escape goat"

Youtube link to Tracy McGrady using "escape goat". Its not just a mispronounciation. He twists it into some bizarre 'literal' figure of speech.

"use this game as an escape goat for all my problems."
This post was edited on 2/21 12:03 AM by TAikin

Re: Tracy McGrady runs with "Escape goat"

Wow, there were a lot of good suggestions after mark's original list. One of these new ones could have given "be on me" a run for best contender. I don't think any of them will ever unseat "want of bees" as BOM was CRUSHED in the poll, 78% to 22%. Long live the WOBs, keep them coming!

Re: Tracy McGrady runs with "Escape goat"

Here's one from the football board:

"Maybe we will rid the rift-raft sooner, enhance the team morale and leadership, attract better quality recruits and ultimately improve the chances of winning."

Found this one on the basketball board today.

"My one claim to fame in my life is that I have a connection to the coaching staff at Tennessee. I won't be sharing who that is by the way.

I'm just going to leave it at that as like everyone else here, I appreciate my animosity."

For all intensive purposes..one of the most common phrases used by the wants of bees

If you keep making fun of people for posting words in the wrong way, I may have to execute a Koo to get rid of some of you.

He said "complementing" when he meant "contemplating". Not sure where the space bar comes into play.

I think this is a classic WOB. The word is contemplating, but his ears heard "complementing".

Originally posted by Hawkness Monster:
He said "complementing" when he meant "contemplating". Not sure where the space bar comes into play.

I think this is a classic WOB. The word is contemplating, but his ears heard "complementing".

Oops. My bad. I missed that and saw instead "whole some" rather than "wholesome".

"Complementing" is a perfect WOB here. I'll get it added to the list.

Originally posted by nikolausp:
"That chick is gorges".

Need a ruling here. Could just be bad spelling of "gorgeous", or, poster could believe "gorges" is correct (in which case we're talking about a chick that has really "been around").

I lean toward no WOB here.

Originally posted by markfromj:

Originally posted by nikolausp:
"That chick is gorges".

Need a ruling here. Could just be bad spelling of "gorgeous", or, poster could believe "gorges" is correct (in which case we're talking about a chick that has really "been around").

I lean toward no WOB here.

Agreed. No WOB.

Does it get any better than french benefits? That is ridiculously funny.

"bathing ground" != "breeding ground"

Here it is in context:

... I've been looking into getting the linksys router, but I have some idiot freak friends at work that swear to the fact that Linksys routers are a bathing ground for hackers..

Originally posted by MongoHawk:

Here it is in context:

... I've been looking into getting the linksys router, but I have some idiot freak friends at work that swear to the fact that Linksys routers are a bathing ground for hackers..

Excellent. Add it, Mark.

Originally posted by DougE88:
Does it get any better than french benefits? That is ridiculously funny.

Yes...Sacramento Lamb and Wolf in Cheap Clothing are quickly becoming my favorites.

Originally posted by Hawkness Monster:

Originally posted by MongoHawk:

Here it is in context:

Excellent. Add it, Mark.

Added.

(This is one where pronunciation makes all the difference...if the pronunciation was "bath" like in "bath tub", I think this could not be a WOB, because the sound is too far from the intended "breeding" ground. Poster would be illustrating not even a flawed knowledge of the correct usage of "breeding". However, then I thought the pronunciation might be "bathing" like rhyming with "scathing", and that is close enough to "breeding" that I think this would be an excellent WOB. I went with the ladder view. This WOB stuff is very new onst.)
This post was edited on 2/28 9:13 AM by markfromj

I recently came across "cued" instead of "queued" in that Omaha newspaper article.

Originally posted by Kotz:
I recently came across "cued" instead of "queued" in that Omaha newspaper article.

There again, we'd have to know more. Could just be mis-spelling, or, if user thinks expression has something to do with, say, billiards, then it is a WOB.

Originally posted by markfromj:
Originally posted by Kotz:

There again, we'd have to know more. Could just be mis-spelling, or, if user thinks expression has something to do with, say, billiards, then it is a WOB.
This is what the article said.

"During the CWS, the fans who currently line up on a sidewalk on the side of Rosenblatt would be cued in the Fan Fest area instead."

Now, to me, I don't know how that can be a mispelling. If nothing else, it'd be a false understanding of what the real term is...and is that essentially a WOB? Though, admittedly, this is more painful than it is funny, because it's a journalist for a paper.

For giggles, he also had this in the article.

"The concourse would circle the stadium, with views of the playing service amid the concession areas. Much of the concourse would be covered to provide some shelter when it rains."

Didn't Mike Tyson have a quote where he claimed that someday he would just "fade into bolivian"?
This post was edited on 3/1 11:52 PM by Shafthawk

after tyson lost his last fight he said that he would fade into Bolivia.

He also "took his hand off" to his opponenet.

My son once told me that "talk is chief"

Reactions: Bryowan
From a post on Cyclone Fanatic today:

Re: ISU Reciever Wallace Franklin Arrested

Doesn't sound super serious, but he can't be throwing punches and getting involved with the police. Chizik needs to nip this in the butt and let the players know this won't be accepted.

ADVERTISEMENT