ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Clayborn PSU Assassin

This is one of those plays which you always remember where you were and who was there. A game changing play from one of my favorite Hawkeyes.
Sure is. I was at the Fieldhouse in downtown IC. Standing upstairs on the balcony when he blocked that. I had no voice the next day at work.

This is one of those plays which you always remember where you were and who was there. A game changing play from one of my favorite Hawkeyes.

Yep. Was watching it in my living room while my then 3 year old was sitting and playing on the floor. When that play happened, I jumped out of my seat screaming for joy and whipped my hat across the room. I looked down at him and said, "Sorry son." He just looked at me with a terrified look on his face and said, "I am really glad your team is winning daddy."

And we gave up an 80 yard td pass to open the game! Good times. Oh, that rain. But once Adrian did that, did not feel another drop that night.

Sedge
I'll remember that play forever. But anybody remember how we had 5 points at the time?

I was driving back to Omaha from the Nebby game when that happened. No I'm not a husker fan, exact opposite actually :). Buddy and I who both went to Iowa went nuts.

That game was BK (before kids for the uninitiated) for the wife and I so we were at a local bar watching it. Most of the crowd was ambivalent about the game but as we cheered they started cheering with us and by the time that play happened half the bar was crowded around us cheering Iowa on. Good times!

Reactions: McLovin32
I had the pleasure of watching AC play for the Falcons Sunday night against the Packers. He played well. I think I was wearing the only #99 jersey in the stadium! And, man, what a stadium!

I had the pleasure of watching AC play for the Falcons Sunday night against the Packers. He played well. I think I was wearing the only #99 jersey in the stadium! And, man, what a stadium!
He really put a hit on ol Aaron Rogers in that game. My god.

Reactions: LeroyHawk
That was my freshman year. 15 of us crammed in a tiny dorm room cuz my roommate and I had the best TV. Good memories.

Last edited:
I'll remember that play forever. But anybody remember how we had 5 points at the time?
yes, psu was backed up to like their 2 or 3 yard line. QB dropped back in end zone and ballard i think knocked ball loose and psu lineman jumped on it for Safety. then an Iowa FG later.

Reactions: IACub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT