ADVERTISEMENT

Advertising for Lgbtq

Hawk_82

HR Heisman
Sep 17, 2006
I have seen more and more of this lately and i think it is getting worrisome.

It almost seems like the ads are trying to recruit people to the lgbtq side.

Has anyone else noticed this? I dont want my kid growing up thinking it is better to be lgbtq than it is to be straight.

I am guessing the number of lgbtq will skyrocket in the next 10 years due to these recruitment ads.

Do you worry your kid will cause mayhem after seeing All-State commercials? How about serving up burgers after seeing McDonald’s commercials? Or maybe they will “Be All They Can Be”…. And join the Army - wait they don’t play those anymore.

Anyway, the thought that your kid will turn gay because a commercial is comical. If it was that easy my kids would have starred for the Hawkeyes as often as I had them watching them over the years.

Do you worry your kid will cause mayhem after seeing All-State commercials? How about serving up burgers after seeing McDonald’s commercials? Or maybe they will “Be All They Can Be”…. And join the Army - wait they don’t play those anymore.

Anyway, the thought that your kid will turn gay because a commercial is comical. If it was that easy my kids would have starred for the Hawkeyes as often as I had them watching them over the years.
Your thoughts seem very naive, there is a reason billions of dollars are spent on advertising, and its not because those companies want to donate money for the good of the world.

In your example, kids like going to mcdonalds because it is a household name and you can find it everywhere.

nick-offerman-reddit.gif

Reactions: noleclone2

Has anyone else noticed this? I dont want my kid growing up thinking it is better to be lgbtq than it is to be straight.

I am guessing the number of lgbtq will skyrocket in the next 10 years due to these recruitment ads.

If the ad’s ”work”, Will you still love your kid?

Your thoughts seem very naive, there is a reason billions of dollars are spent on advertising, and its not because those companies want to donate money for the good of the world.

In your example, kids like going to mcdonalds because it is a household name and you can find it everywhere.
So, you’re saying the billions spent by McDonalds on ads doesn’t influence your kids life choices, but rather it reminds them that they want a burger, right?

Reactions: mattymoknows
I assume you don't mean recruiting them to be lgbtq. Because, you know, that isn't how one becomes gay or any of the other letters. If you mean showing them that it is okay to be gay and you're concerned about that, then you are a douche. It clearly seems the use of "snowflake" by the GQP was projection.

You would be wrong. There are a lot of impressionable people out there. Kids can be persuaded to do lots of stuff that doesnt make sense to you and i.
LOL... this just shows your lack of understanding of what it is to be gay. A commercial isn't all of the sudden going to make you get butterflies in your stomach at the sight of Ryan Reynolds naked.

Lol at the people falling for the troll. Some of you actually enjoy being pissed off so much, you'll fall for anything.

You would be wrong. There are a lot of impressionable people out there. Kids can be persuaded to do lots of stuff that doesnt make sense to you and i.
LOL. So you think a kid seeing some rainbows and gay couples could “persuade” them to be gay? Seriously, that is not how it works anymore than seeing straight couples “persuaded” or “influenced” someone to be straight. I did not need straight couples to suddenly realize I was attracted to girls in 5th-6th grade. I believe it even more now, the fact you truly think it works that way tells everyone here you likely have been working hard at repressing some feelings you have.

So, you’re saying the billions spent by McDonalds on ads doesn’t influence your kids life choices, but rather it reminds them that they want a burger, right?
So far, that is what McDonald's has been advertising, eat at their restaurant. And yes, i am sure an ad has prompted me and my kid to want a McDonald's burger at some point. So in that aspect it did affect my life choices in regards to food. Whats your point

The LBGTQ community wants to be left alone to live how they want but they 100% do not want you to be left alone to live how you choose. You will be made to care.

They also apply massive amounts of pressure on corporate America to do their bidding for them.

Hey Coca-Cola we need an answer how you feel about anal sex and trans people today or were organizing to destroy you.

All Coca-Cola wants to do is be left alone to sell freaking soda to people.

That's why you see pro LBGTQ ads is corporations way of getting that movement to leave them alone.

So far, that is what McDonald's has been advertising, eat at their restaurant. And yes, i am sure an ad has prompted me and my kid to want a McDonald's burger at some point. So in that aspect it did affect my life choices in regards to food. Whats your point
I’m guessing you are now gay then after having viewed all of these commercials then, huh?

LOL. So you think a kid seeing some rainbows and gay couples could “persuade” them to be gay? Seriously, that is not how it works anymore than seeing straight couples “persuaded” or “influenced” someone to be straight. I did not need straight couples to suddenly realize I was attracted to girls in 5th-6th grade. I believe it even more now, the fact you truly think it works that way tells everyone here you likely have been working hard at repressing some feelings you have.
I dont think things are as clear cut as you make them seem. The ideal body shape changes every 10 years or so. Does this mean something changes genetically in our brains every 10 years? Of coarse not.

We are easily influenced by our surroundings. When all the magazines in the 90s showed stick thin models, then the majority of young guys were attracted to this ideal. When big bushes were cool in the 70s playboys, men were attracted to that. In the 90s and 2000s it was all about being clean shaved, and then young men were attracted to that.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with the clean shave look or a hairy vagina, but it shows that when you are exposed to a certain thing, it shapes what you think is attractive.

In southeast asia they think pale skin, chubbier girls are more attractive. I the us we think skinny tan girls are attractive. Is there something inherently different between our brains? Or do you think its possible that we are influenced by our environment and all that goes with that?

June is pride month...so it's like this every year...for June. Companies virtue signal by turning logos rainbow colored and they release ads with happy gay couples (is that redundant?), all to be sure we all know they aren't homophobes. Plus gay people are great for business because they can't have kids.

Expect it to go back to the normal level of gayness for the next 11 months.

We turn now to happy Birthday America, and shark week...

Reactions: Hawk_82

My final thought... if commercials showing a sexuality made kids identify as that sexual identity, I'd be as straight as the straightest of you... the amount of "grooming" I faced to be straight was off the charts... Look how that worked out.

I’m guessing you are now gay then after having viewed all of these commercials then, huh?
I used to never think about lgbtq stuff. Now the commercials trigger an emotion when i hear or see them.

I used to feel like they can do their thing and i will do my thing. They didnt bother me and i didnt bother them. Now they are forcing their thoughts on to me. This is not a good thing.

Dems dont like having republican ideas forced onto them, athiest dont like catholics forcing their beliefs onto them.

Why do i have to be ok with lgbtq forcing their beliefs on to me?

Reactions: Jake9CNN
My final thought... if commercials showing a sexuality made kids identify as that sexual identity, I'd be as straight as the straightest of you... the amount of "grooming" I faced to be straight was off the charts... Look how that worked out.
I am not judging you for being gay. I am not questioning why you became gay. I am simply saying i dont like lgbtq stuff forced onto me.

I dont think every gay person was born gay. I know there are some gay people who chose to be gay because they enjoyed that lifestyle. There is a certain lifestyle associated with the lgbtq community and for some people this is attractive.

Do you think it is possible that someone might say they are lgbtq just so they can be part of the lgbtq community? I dont mean this in a bad way either.

Some people dont fit in to traditional society for a variety of reasons. The lgbtq community seems like they are very accepting and will welcome people into their community.

I contend that you may be underselling the appeal of the lgbtq community. The sense of community and the acceptance of the lgbtq community is enough to pull some people in. Sometimes finding a group that you fit in with is more important than who you sleep with.

Do you think this is possible?

Reactions: Jake9CNN
I used to never think about lgbtq stuff. Now the commercials trigger an emotion when i hear or see them.

I used to feel like they can do their thing and i will do my thing. They didnt bother me and i didnt bother them. Now they are forcing their thoughts on to me. This is not a good thing.

Dems dont like having republican ideas forced onto them, athiest dont like catholics forcing their beliefs onto them.

Is forcing anything like waterboarding?

You sound insane right now.

Is this code for “I get a boner.”

I assume you don't mean recruiting them to be lgbtq. Because, you know, that isn't how one becomes gay or any of the other letters. If you mean showing them that it is okay to be gay and you're concerned about that, then you are a douche. It clearly seems the use of "snowflake" by the GQP was projection.
Maybe recruiting is the wrong word. It is advertising for the lgbtq lifestyle.
LOL... this just shows your lack of understanding of what it is to be gay. A commercial isn't all of the sudden going to make you get butterflies in your stomach at the sight of Ryan Reynolds naked.
I dont think there is a clear definition for what it is to be gay. This can be different for each individual. A commercial might not give you butterflies, but it might make you say to yourself, i want that. I want to belong, i want to be accepted, i want to have fun, i like rainbows. Maybe i should try this.

Do you think a beer commercial would be as effective if it showed a fat alcoholic beating his wife after drinking 20 beers? Of coarse not. Beer companies are selling the image of have fun outside in the sun with hot girls all around. The lgbtq commercials are selling the acceptance and you do you attitude. I think the commercials actually take the sex part out of lgbtq.

I am curious to hear your honest thoughts on this.

The LBGTQ community wants to be left alone to live how they want but they 100% do not want you to be left alone to live how you choose. You will be made to care.

They also apply massive amounts of pressure on corporate America to do their bidding for them.

Hey Coca-Cola we need an answer how you feel about anal sex and trans people today or were organizing to destroy you.

All Coca-Cola wants to do is be left alone to sell freaking soda to people.

That's why you see pro LBGTQ ads is corporations way of getting that movement to leave them alone.
There’s truth there. Better to be over the top woke vs having an organized boycott.

mite the safe play.

ADVERTISEMENT