ADVERTISEMENT

After 2 games- Final record predictions?

You'll still win 7 games...the west sucks and your D is that good

You'll even keep it score board close against a couple very good teams even though the game won't be winnable

And that will be the thing...everyone watching will know the game(s) is(are) over despite you being a just a couple scores down

And next off season you'll have some fans convinced you were close...a call here or there...oh, if so and so didn't get hurt

I think 5 wins. Right now it feels like it should be lower, but they'll pull some game out of their @ss they have no business winning as per usual.
The defense is going get worn down having to constantly be on the field & he will eventually lose the locker room by staying with Petras.

Reactions: NI hawk
Probably the truth.

It's gonna come down to the Illinois game to determine whether it's 5-7 or worse. Not sure why we'd lose to Illinois but beat Northwestern and Nebraska, though, because home field doesn't matter with this offense.............
I mean, Illinois has looked infinitely better than Nebraska so far, FWIW…

I think we will be slight underdogs against Rutgers and Illinois. We should be favorites against Nevada, Northwestern, and Nebraska. The scary thing is, Iowa is almost always competitive, even when they lose, because of the defense. But every loss against a big ten team last year, was a blowout, because we didn’t score more than seven points. Even as great as the defense is, big ten teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin historically can and will score in the 20s or 30s or more against great defensive teams. That’s not good.
By the time we reach those games on the schedule, I seriously doubt we will be favored over anyone.

Reactions: NI hawk
People act like they’ve never watched Iowa before. 8-4ever. We will rattle off a bunch of wins in a row coming up with a primetime upset of Michigan. Lose a close one to OSU and get blasted by northwestern to finish second in the west to Wisconsin or maybe Purdue. Lose to a middling SEC team around New Year’s Day.
i accept your gracious offer.

3-9. We win this week, lose 8 in a row, then after we beat Nebby Barta will say he liked the growth he saw at the end of the season and be excited about Ferentz returning next year.

Nevada W
Rutgers L
Michigan L
Illinois L
OSU L
Northwestern L
Purdue L
Wisky L
Minn L
Nebraska W

If our offense can make another incremental improvement this week we should be fine at Rutgers. I don't expect them to gain more than 337 yards because our 3 big plays netted 141 of those. Over 300 yards in a steadier fashion would seal the deal. If we beat Rutgers I see 8, maybe 9 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT