ADVERTISEMENT

After 3 Games

percyland

HR MVP
Apr 16, 2011
The offense is still dead last in College Football at 217 yard per game. Even after our powerhouse offensive explosion against Nevada.

The Defense is currently Top 3-4 in yards given up and points given up which is a miracle considering how long they have to be out on the field.

If mid way through the season or especially at the end of the season KF doesn't make drastic changes or fire the OC then I'm sorry you can't competently do your job as a head coach.

jim carrey disbelief GIF

The offense is still dead last in College Football at 217 yard per game. Even after our powerhouse offensive explosion against Nevada.

The Defense is currently Top 3-4 in yards given up and points given up which is a miracle considering how long they have to be out on the field.

If mid way through the season or especially at the end of the season KF doesn't make drastic changes or fire the OC then I'm sorry you can't competently do your job as a head coach.
Posts like this make more sense after a bad performance or a string of bad performances. Saturday wasn't a great performance and the opponent was weak, but it wasn't a bad performance and they scored 27 points. The reason they are last isn't because of Saturday's performance. It is due to the prior 2. How about celebrating a win for a bit? If next week looks like the first 2 weeks then feel free to pile on. I'll probably join you.

Uhhhh, outside of the Iowa State game where they had that 20-plus Play Dr. where our defense couldn’t get off the field. I think you’ll find the defense isn’t on the field all that much…3/4 plays at a time?

But then again I try not being a reactionary and thinking things through like many of the other more even keeled fellas on this board do!

Just sayin’…

Last edited:
Uhhhh, outside of the Iowa State game where they had that 20-plus Play Dr. were our defense couldn’t get off the field. I think you’ll find the defense isn’t on the field all that much…3/4 plays at a time?

But then again I try not being a reactionary and thinking things through like many of the other more even keeled fellas on this board do!

Just sayin’…
The only game the Hawks have won the time of possession battle was week 1. Granted Saturday/Sunday wasn't a great example considering both teams sat longer than they played but that's a worrisome stat for a team that strives for ball control. It's likely to only get worse with the possible exception of Nebraska who loves to let the turf carry the ball as much as their runners.

The only game the Hawks have won the time of possession battle was week 1. Granted Saturday/Sunday wasn't a great example considering both teams sat longer than they played but that's a worrisome stat for a team that strives for ball control. It's likely to only get worse with the possible exception of Nebraska who loves to let the turf carry the ball as much as their runners.

again our defense is not on the field too much… Incidentally have you seen Wisconsin, Northwestern (I was @ Northwestern last weekend ), Nebraska, Illinois or Purdue play?

I haven’t got to see Minnesota yet but Purdue keeps ****ing things up! They are pretty poorly coached overall to be honest with you!

I really don’t get our fans sometimes. I honestly don’t care if you’ve given up on the season just bail out. I think most of would enjoy it we don’t have to listen to you all the time…

And honestly I can’t tell anymore if you’re one of the ones that complain or not so if you aren’t I apologize but honestly I just want to watch football games. I love defense, I love watching our defense play and I like to win.

I haven’t seen anyone in the Big Ten yet that looks particularly great including Ohio State?!

I think Penn State’s probably pretty good but Michigan has played three of the 20 worst teams in FBS football. South Dakota State would’ve been everyone of those teams by two or three touchdowns!

Nothings changed for me… if every team we play has a murderous time moving the football. Then we still have a chance and our defense is deep. I’m not particularly worried about them wearing out!

PS… I will add our offensive showing over the first two games is as bad as I’ve ever seen and the 3rd was only marginally better. However we are still, Iowa and we still will have a chance in every game. I’m not sure why so many fans have decided to give up but it is what it is. But please those of you that have, just quit posting I’m begging you!

What site/link do you use?

50 yard TD runs are a killer for time of possession

I'll give you that. But in general this team hasn't been the clock chewing machine that the coaches aspire to be. Or the home run threat to counter it.

clock chewing offense will be difficult unless the line play improves. Reliant on chunk plays until then.

ADVERTISEMENT