ADVERTISEMENT

After looking at the depth chart........

TonyTheTiger.1865

HR All-American
Sep 23, 2011
One question...Did we steal Briar Cliffs linebackers? Or were they Morningside's?

This post was edited on 4/1 7:42 AM by TonyTheTiger.1865

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger.1865:
One question...Did we steal Briar Cliffs linebackers? Or were they Morningside's?

3dsmile.r191677.gif

Oh my, you are one clever son of a gun! And it only took you 3 months since the depth chart came out to come up with that zinger. Bravo. You are in a class by yourself.
I anxiously await to see what you come up with in another 3 months!

P.S. - There's a group of Iowa LB's that would like to meet you on the tracks below the new facility around 7pm. Don't be late, internet blowhard!

First game...Tre Roberson vs three nonathletic, slow, undersized and inexperienced linebackers..what can possibly go wrong?

Somebody needs to archive this. By the end of their junior season people will be ecstatic about this group. Bower is a ball hawk. Jewell will lead the Big Ten in tackles. Niemann is a great, great athlete with a high motor.

Our weak spot at LB last year was Spearman. If people think Jewell is bad, then they just weren't watching.

Originally posted by Eyeowahawks:
Somebody needs to archive this. By the end of their junior season people will be ecstatic about this group. Bower is a ball hawk. Jewell will lead the Big Ten in tackles. Niemann is a great, great athlete with a high motor.

Our weak spot at LB last year was Spearman. If people think Jewell is bad, then they just weren't watching.
+100

While I agree with your first point, the second is completely incorrect. We didn't have a spot in the LB ground that wasn't a weak spot for us last year. Our younger guys just were not ready and it showed, very glaringly over the course of the B10 season.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

While I agree with your first point, the second is completely incorrect. We didn't have a spot in the LB ground that wasn't a weak spot for us last year. Our younger guys just were not ready and it showed, very glaringly over the course of the B10 season.
You just can't let a post be positive, can you? You've only expressed that dozens and dozens and times, let it go my friend. It' s almost like you have PTSD over this.
I'm glad you agree with the first part. It had no credibility with me until you gave it your stamp of approval:)
Goosefraba my friend.

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

You just can't let a post be positive, can you? You've only expressed that dozens and dozens and times, let it go my friend. It' s almost like you have PTSD over this.
I'm glad you agree with the first part. It had no credibility with me until you gave it your stamp of approval:)
Goosefraba my friend.
Matt, I thought you were going to ignore me? Please click that button as soon as possible.

Thanks Matt.

Lol

Goosefraba my friend.
Matt, I thought you were going to ignore me? Please click that button as soon as possible.

Thanks Matt.
The name's Buddy and I think I'm going to ignore almost everyone. Boring. Same sh*t every day.
You should be festive today, it's your national holiday!

Originally posted by 4th & 9 inches:
Adios
And the Grand Marshall of the April Fool's Day parade makes an appearance!
You are definately going on ignore. You have never posted anything worth reading.

Every time you post something I feel like the principle in Billy Madison:

Principal: Mr. Madison (4th & 9 inches), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Enjoy your national holiday. Bye, Bye now.

Goosefraba my friend.
I agree I think LBs can and will be good. But on the other side of the spectrum coaching staff has to take some blame for playing these guys before they are ready due to losing players or poor recruiting at the LB position. Friend who coaches HS at Iowa clinic pretty high on Niemann thinks he has most potential of the 3.

Agree. ..Jewell is a stud. This group will be good.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Heard the same crap about Morris,Hitch and Kirksey early in their Iowa careers....this group has a lot in commom with that group...cept they are faster, as a group, and whiter. They just need experience, and then will be fine.

Originally posted by hawkjt:
Heard the same crap about Morris,Hitch and Kirksey early in their Iowa careers....this group has a lot in commom with that group...cept they are faster, as a group, and whiter. They just need experience, and then will be fine.
Yep - Hitchens was a wasted scholarship, Morris was a pussy, and Kirksey couldn't tackle.

I want Iowa to win as bad as the next guy but some of you kool-aid drinkers are hilarious.
Amen to that. Most of these koolaid drinker are the ones who wear Hawkeye pajamas to bed and really don't have a life outside of Iowa athletics. They accept mediocrity ... with the Hawks ... and with life in general ...

In the real wold ... you realize that times have chaged and you need to produce ... The bottomline is we have a MAC-level roster ... And we have a coach who will soon be on his way out ...

As for the minority pajama-wearing fans with no real life goals ... well ... each time the write something they show how shallow and ignorant they really are ...

Originally posted by DesMoinesHawki:

I want Iowa to win as bad as the next guy but some of you kool-aid drinkers are hilarious.
Amen to that. Most of these koolaid drinker are the ones who wear Hawkeye pajamas to bed and really don't have a life outside of Iowa athletics. They accept mediocrity ... with the Hawks ... and with life in general ...

In the real wold ... you realize that times have chaged and you need to produce ... The bottomline is we have a MAC-level roster ... And we have a coach who will soon be on his way out ...

As for the minority pajama-wearing fans with no real life goals ... well ... each time the write something they show how shallow and ignorant they really are ...

Please tell us all about how successful you are, Mr. Doesn'tacceptmdiocrity. You obviously accept mediocrity in your ability to spell. Why would someone so successful waste their time posting on a football message board? What are your real life goals? To convince a bunch of people on the internet that you are the authority on Iowa football, but you have a life outside of it? Oh, the stench of hypocrisy.
So let me get this straight. If you complain about he Hawkeyes you have life goals, are of superior intellect, are productive, and sleep in your underwear.
If you support Iowa football you drink kool-aid, sleep in your pajama's, are ignorant, have no real life goals and accept mediocrity. Got it! Thanks for clearing that up for me!
I doubt you will have time to respond to me, since you'll be too busy running your international conglomerate, taking care of your trophy wife, coaching your childrens teams, being a deacon at the church, volunteering, etc.. being so successful like you are..Anyone doing less than that, clearly accepts mediocrity in the own life.
I don't know how you find time to talk to us, Mr D...ity, with you 'having a life' and all.....but thanks!

Originally posted by hawkjt:
Pretty much this. I didn't really have a problem with the mistakes the LB group made last season. It was quite obvious that they were thrust into action about a year or two before they are ready for B1G football. They played hard they just weren't ready. I think by the end of the season this LB will be just fine and have the chance to be pretty good in '16.

Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong on this one but what I saw last year was the worst LB play I have seen from an Iowa team in recent memory. I have no doubts that Bowers was our best solution last year, but that in itself was the problem. No one was ready to step into the void left by Morris, Hitchens and Kirskey. Bad recruiting and worse player development. When a walk-on makes first string and plays well it is a feel good story, when a walk-on makes first string and plays poorly it indicates some serious issues. And before anyone says he did not play poorly, I have a DVD of game films from last year that says differently. In the end this argument will be settled on the field next season. We will see.

First game...Tre Roberson vs three nonathletic, slow, undersized and inexperienced linebackers..what can possibly go wrong?
Absolutely nothing. Next question....

Originally posted by DesMoinesHawki:

I am assuming your life is stuck in mediocrity. I hear this over and over that you people are willing to accept mediocrity. Dude if your life wasn't so shitty you wouldn't be here complaining about something that's mediocre. The non stop bitchers and complainers on this site are the ones that are stuck in mediocrity. They want to be able to go to work and talk about how great their Hawkeyes were because they have no accomplishments of their own they can hang their hat on.

Here's an idea skipper. Why don't you try and accomplish something in your own life that you can be proud of instead of clinging to the failures or accomplishments in which you had absolutely no part in. Or just stay here and be pissed off and bitter but making yourself feel better by telling people they are stuck in mediocrity. Tiger it's clear which group is stuck in mediocrity and it isn't the ones that are always positive and are always in a good mood.

It's the ones that are always here angry about something. Girls like you. Either that or you are an Iowa State or Nebraska fan just looking to troll. Either way, I think your choices are a pretty MEDIOCRE way to go through life but to each their own.

Cheers

This post was edited on 4/1 8:17 PM by heat_dawg

Your post is moronic and lacks any insight whatsoever.

He may be a ball hawk but if your 2 steps to slow to get there it does not matter.

3dsmile.r191677.gif

Oh my, you are one clever son of a gun! And it only took you 3 months since the depth chart came out to come up with that zinger. Bravo. You are in a class by yourself.

P.S. - There's a group of Iowa LB's that would like to meet you on the tracks below the new facility around 7pm. Don't be late, internet blowhard!
Are you personal friends with these linebackers Buddy? Are you a former player or something?

Possible the single dumbest post I have ever seen. Our lbs are all absolutely awful, and would not be on any other big ten roster. Our 2 deep at linebacker shows an absolute failure in recruiting. You clearly didn't watch a single game, or were absolutely hammered if you think any of our lbs were even average.

Originally posted by Sandow:

Possible the single dumbest post I have ever seen. Our lbs are all absolutely awful, and would not be on any other big ten roster. Our 2 deep at linebacker shows an absolute failure in recruiting. You clearly didn't watch a single game, or were absolutely hammered if you think any of our lbs were even average.
Sandow, I never knew you felt this way? lmao
After having posted your assessment of them for the 50th time, you have finally convinced me. They are awful and there is no hope for them. Now what do we do?
I wonder if there's a way we can get them to all quit the team? But they would have to be willing to give up football, because who else would want them.
How do we convince coach Reid that they are talentless and slow and shouldn't be on a big ten roster, because that's not the way he feels. Here's how he feels:
https://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1753009

Sounds like he describes them the same way I did 2 months ago and at the beginning of the week after seeing them last weekend.
But what do we know? And coach Doyle and coach Reid have no idea how to develop LB's. You're the expert around here.
Your ability to judge talent and in player development is renowned in the B1G and on this site. WHAT SHOULD WE DO, SANDY? Help us, oh wise one!

Originally posted by HawktimusPrime:

3dsmile.r191677.gif

Are you personal friends with these linebackers Buddy? Are you a former player or something?
You never know? And you never know which players' family or friends (or the players themselves) are reading these posts.
Would Tony the phony go up to the LB's or their parents and tell them they suck and they look like they belong on Briar Cliff or Morningside? No, but what do you think would might happen if he did? Nobody would probably beat him up as they are way more classy than the internet idiots here, but it still probably wouldn't be 'pretty'.
Why say it here? Because everyone is a hero and brave under the cloak of anonymity and there is no accountablilty.
Anonymous message boards are on their way out. I can't wait.

3dsmile.r191677.gif

You never know? And you never know which players' family or friends (or the players themselves) are reading these posts.
Would Tony the phony go up to the LB's or their parents and tell them they suck and they look like they belong on Briar Cliff or Morningside? No, but what do you think would might happen if he did? Nobody would probably beat him up as they are way more classy than the internet idiots here, but it still probably wouldn't be 'pretty'.
Why say it here? Because everyone is a hero and brave under the cloak of anonymity and there is no accountablilty.
I would, but then I've dealt with situations that make facing a football player in a mere fight seem kind of humorous in comparison.

You do act like a teenage, or a college youth though. Is Buddy your real name? We are all anonymous here, it's called privacy and it shouldn't be something taken lightly. Why did you quote pretty? People have opinions and it's a part of being in the limelight. You sitting here making some sort of big deal about it, isn't going to change that.

You seem like you are quite full of yourself, but you fail to understand this?

I'd say just relax and discuss football, without talking about how your 'friends' would beat Hawkeye fans up for it. The players know what comes with the package, and most of them handle it quite well. They don't need a message board vigilante saving their good names for them. Trust me.

This post was edited on 4/2 1:03 PM by HawktimusPrime

3dsmile.r191677.gif

I would, but then I've dealt with situations that make facing a football player in a mere fight seem kind of humorous in comparison.

You do act like a teenage, or a college youth though. Is Buddy your real name? We are all anonymous here, it's called privacy and it shouldn't be something taken lightly. Why did you quote pretty? People have opinions and it's a part of being in the limelight. You sitting here making some sort of big deal about it, isn't going to change that.

You seem like you are quite full of yourself, but you fail to understand this?

I'd say just relax and discuss football, without talking about how your 'friends' would beat Hawkeye fans up for it. The players know what comes with the package, and most of them handle it quite well. They don't need a message board vigilante saving their good names for them. Trust me.

This post was edited on 4/2 1:03 PM by HawktimusPrime
Well said hawtimus prime.

To add to it it's like someone who thinks their boss is an ahole. Obviously most would not say it to their face because wouldn't accomplish much but go home and vent about said boss to friends or family. Even on top of that how many times has a person met someone like the President and don't care for him. But yet are respectful when they meet them. People are on here to discuss football and many like to this is one of few outlets to share their frustrations or joy with the team.

I'm sure there is even a poster or 2 that buddy aka foley has sent some disparaging words to that if he met them in person would maybe think twice about doing that to.

3dsmile.r191677.gif

You seem like you are quite full of yourself, but you fail to understand this? I'd say just relax and discuss football, without talking about how your 'friends' would be Hawkeye fans up for it. The players know what comes with the package, and most of them handle it quite well. They don't need a message board vigilante saving their good names for them. Trust me.

I don't know why you feel the need to interject? Does Tony need your assistance?
Privacy? This is a public forum. This is not private in any realm of reality. This is not your home or the back room of the bowling alley with your pals. Personal attacks on college students behind their backs is not 'expressing your opinion'. Do you know what an opinion is? It is subjective. His statement is meant to defame, not subjectivity.
I served in the 1/501st inf. 101st Airborne, so don't tell me about 'situations' worse than facing a LB, sonny.
I fought to defend our constitution and the 1st amendment. Untruths meant to harm others is NOT protected by the 1st amendment nor does it provide any provisions for anonymity. People threatening and defaming others on these anonymous sites are being challenged and tried around the world as we speak. And I hope they prevail. I have no problem with any speech as long as people are willing to take responsiblity for it and are willing to face the consequences of it. Anonymity alleviates these cowards of these burdens.
Full of myself? If standing up for what is right and what you believe in makes you full of yourself, than yes, I am guilty. It is such a foreign concept in todays amoral world. I have no problem with what anyone says to ME directly on this board, but I will challenge anyone who thinks they have right to defame others, behind their backs under the cowardice of anonymity.
It doesn't 'come with the package' partner. These are not professional athletes. They have just learned to tolerate it in our ever increasingly toxic world.
Good day sir.

3dsmile.r191677.gif

You seem like you are quite full of yourself, but you fail to understand this? I'd say just relax and discuss football, without talking about how your 'friends' would be Hawkeye fans up for it. The players know what comes with the package, and most of them handle it quite well. They don't need a message board vigilante saving their good names for them. Trust me.

I don't know why you feel the need to interject? Does Tony need your assistance?
Privacy? This is a public forum. This is not private in any realm of reality. This is not your home or the back room of the bowling alley with your pals. Personal attacks on college students behind their backs is not 'expressing your opinion'. Do you know what an opinion is? It is subjective. His statement is meant to defame, not subjectivity.
I served in the 1/501st inf. 101st Airborne, so don't tell me about 'situations' worse than facing a LB, sonny.
I fought to defend our constitution and the 1st amendment. Untruths meant to harm others is NOT protected by the 1st amendment nor does it provide any provisions for anonymity. People threatening and defaming others on these anonymous sites are being challenged and tried around the world as we speak. And I hope they prevail. I have no problem with any speech as long as people are willing to take responsiblity for it and are willing to face the consequences of it. Anonymity alleviates these cowards of these burdens.
Full of myself? If standing up for what is right and what you believe in makes you full of yourself, than yes, I am guilty. It is such a foreign concept in todays amoral world. I have no problem with what anyone says to ME directly on this board, but I will challenge anyone who thinks they have right to defame others, behind their backs under the cowardice of anonymity.
It doesn't 'come with the package' partner. These are not professional athletes. They have just learned to tolerate it in our ever increasingly toxic world.
Good day sir.
Haha wow. So saying someone looks like a Morningside LB is an attack of defamation. Good one and good luck trying to prove that is defaming someone.

Also good luck trying to argue and prove what anyone has said on here is not being protected by the 1st amendment (unless directly threatening someone with harming them) most everything on here is an opinion. If someone thinks player X, Y or Z sucks they have every right to say it even if you disagree. Also kind of ironic if you claim what many have done not expressing their opinion but defaming someone then you are just as guilty as the next guy. Correct me if I am wrong wasn't your last username mattyfoley banned as well? Yes I think it was.

Now if you would have told us you taught American Politics class I'd be worried...

This post was edited on 4/2 2:29 PM by iahawkeyes17

This post was edited on 4/2 3:14 PM by iahawkeyes17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT