ADVERTISEMENT

After niner’s tough loss tonight...HAWKS football is in a golden age..savor this!

reedsposer22

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2013
for all the fans here that say HAWKS are not good or we cannot do much...think how many hawks we saw tonight.

IA FB has been in a golden age since late 2014 early 2015. Special days these are.

Fyi the Packers have a few former Hawkeyes as well. Thought I'd mention that since this game is far from over.

KF and staff have always put players in the NFL. Even when GDGD was OC.

Mabin was put in a tough spot, and unfortunately he wasn't able to make the plays. Having a HOFer throwing at him made for a hard night.

One heck of a game. CJ had his best game in a 49er uniform. But the master of 4th quarter comebacks, Aaron Rodgers, worked his magic and what a poetic game winning FG for Mason Crosby. The 49ers can still be proud of their effort tonight going forward.

Fabulous performance from C...J...Beathard. And teammate George Kittle had another excellent game blocking as well as catching. CJ tossed a beautiful ball on that 68-yard score, and another one for the 30-yard TD. He was on target all night and outplayed Rodgers until they gave GB that last possession. The D just could not get one more stop....

Too bad Shanahan went old KF late and played not to lose instead of to win. SF didn't need to score. All it would have taken was a couple of first downs and game over. Instead, he runs into the run defense and passes on passing downs so GB can blitz like hell....

Anyway, CJ showed he's an outstanding NFL QB who just needs a little more help from his friends.

BTW: You think Beth Mowins is bad. Those guys last night must have been paid by the word. As brilliant as they are in every facet of the game, they should have head coaching jobs by now. Man, was that annoying.

Fabulous performance from C...J...Beathard. And teammate George Kittle had another excellent game blocking as well as catching. CJ tossed a beautiful ball on that 68-yard score, and another one for the 30-yard TD. He was on target all night and outplayed Rodgers until they gave GB that last possession. The D just could not get one more stop....

Too bad Shanahan went old KF late and played not to lose instead of to win. SF didn't need to score. All it would have taken was a couple of first downs and game over. Instead, he runs into the run defense and passes on passing downs so GB can blitz like hell....

Anyway, CJ showed he's an outstanding NFL QB who just needs a little more help from his friends.

BTW: You think Beth Mowins is bad. Those guys last night must have been paid by the word. As brilliant as they are in every facet of the game, they should have head coaching jobs by now. Man, was that annoying.

Yeah I felt that the play calling for SF became very predictable and conservative in the second half and particulary in the 4th quarter. Really put a lot of pressure on CJ and the offensive line.

Not a fan of the booger mcfarland act... He's like the guy that interrupts the conversation just so he can say something to sound smart... at first I thought it was an interesting addition but after listening for a couple games now, it's annoying.

I like to see former Hawks playing after they leave IC as much as anyone, but last night was niner and packer football, not hawk football. We've got one pinstripe bowl win in this so called "golden age"....how bout we just beat MD and finish this season ranked before we get carried away. Individual NFL success for a small % of Hawks is no substitute for team success. Im pretty sure Kirk would agree.

Reactions: IGot5onIt

Agree for most everything here. Shanahan crawled into a hole in the 4th quarter. Gave up on the Run game too quickly, no screen game, and should have had CJ at least roll out more than that attempt down at the goal line. As far as the announcers one was Jason Witten so I'll cut him some slack the guy does know his football.

I actually think the way Shanahan handled last offensive series was awful. Ball at midfield with all 3 timeouts left needing only a field goal to win and come out in empty shotgun formation. This after running the ball effectively all game. He screwed the pooch the entire 4th quarter.

Richard Sherman's holding call gave the Packers a fresh set of downs during that game winning drive. If Sherman doesn't get that penalty, 49er's would have had good field position, 3 time outs, and great kicker to pull out the victory for San Fran. So I'm blaming Sherman.

Richard Sherman's holding call gave the Packers a fresh set of downs during that game winning drive. If Sherman doesn't get that penalty, 49er's would have had good field position, 3 time outs, and great kicker to pull out the victory for San Fran. So I'm blaming Sherman.
Plenty of blame to be shared. When the niners lose, there are a dozen things you can point to. Been that way for a while

I think the Golden Age arrived shortly after Wisky loss. Think BF sat KF down and said “cut me loose and we will never again have a one-blooper loss like today”...and with that the days of playing conservative were cast aside...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT