ADVERTISEMENT

After Offensive explosion we are still dead last

How many more lame ass threads will @BrunoMars420 start rehashing the same shit over and over and over?
He's just doing what KF does with his alleged "offense." KF does the same sh*t over and over and over again with the same QB week after week, season after season, and then he says the same sh*t over and over again every week to explain doing the same sh*t over and over and over again with results that have Iowa anchored at the bottom of the college football world in that thing called offense.

Do you get it now? If not, let me know, and I'll try to explain it again . . . and again . . . and again. But to be succinct, KF don't know offense.

Where were all the empty seats last Saturday to start the game? All you negative people said you weren't going and staying home and guessing 15,000 empty seats, LOL!

Total offensive yards doesn’t win games. If you want that, hire Scott frost or Brohm. Much of a rosters struggle can come down to depth at position and strategy. we would struggle with our ddefense if we ran tempo

Reactions: jo12208
Where were all the empty seats last Saturday to start the game? All you negative people said you weren't going and staying home and guessing 15,000 empty seats, LOL!
I've already provided you with a video that has a shot of the stands at kickoff. There were plenty of empty seats. Your bullshit 15k number is you creating s strawman, and an ugly one at that.

Total offensive yards doesn’t win games. If you want that, hire Scott frost or Brohm. Much of a rosters struggle can come down to depth at position and strategy. we would struggle with our ddefense if we ran tempo
You think our guys would be on the field more If we ran a different variant of 3 and out? We got beat on time of possession by Nevada...... yards don't win games, your bullshit about it impacting the defense is just that.

Which is why I posted 124/131 ppg which has a direct correlation to winning games

I don't know a single Iowa fan that wants an offense like you're suggesting. I think most Iowa fans are fine with a focus on ball-control offense, with defense and special teams being the stronger units. However, things have gotten ridiculously bad on that side of the ball. Typically, Iowa having a total offense that ranks in the 70s or 80s nationally is right about what we expect and is effective enough to win a lot of games. Rankings in the 120s-130s is just plain unacceptable and indefensible.

You realize the video at the 20-25 second mark is usually filmed during warm-ups right and aired at a later time.
If you watch the video it is clearly while the band is playing and they are running out in the swarm. It's a pretty accurate representation of the crowd size from what was shown on TV, before the first rain delay.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
If you watch the video it is clearly while the band is playing and they are running out in the swarm. It's a pretty accurate representation of the crowd size from what was shown on TV, before the first rain delay.

Yeah the stands were full when the band was on the field. The video that shows a large chunk of the student section empty was taken during warm-ups and aired at the start of the telecast.
Video of the wave shows three sides of Kinnick with no noticeable empty sections.

Who would you
A. Play
B. Recruit that would be a lock to Iowa
C. Go after in next years portal that again would be a cinch to come?

Kirk can see the issue, has plenty of $ incentives to play the best person, and has produced above average results with in the rules for years.

I’m actually ok with our offensive philosophy, pace of play, and often playcalling (not always). What I really want is a QB that can consistently hit open WRs in stride (I’d probably even settle for catchable balls), actually be able to move in the pocket, and play with some grit. Just that alone would put us safely in the 80s or even 70s and be a helluva complement to our scary defense/special teams.

UtYXZpZ.gif

Reactions: QChawks and blhawk
I’m actually ok with our offensive philosophy, pace of play, and often playcalling (not always). What I really want is a QB that can consistently hit open WRs in stride (I’d probably even settle for catchable balls), actually be able to move in the pocket, and play with some grit. Just that alone would put us safely in the 80s or even 70s and be a helluva complement to our scary defense/special teams.
Welp, you get SP. AP won't play much as along as SP is vertical. JL, may never play as he isn't "getting it" when it comes to the play book.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
I was there dude. There were no empty seats in the 1st quarter. None. Get the FO. You obviously were not there.

You realize the video at the 20-25 second mark is usually filmed during warm-ups right and aired at a later time.

Would also guess you had a fair number of fans still getting to their seats - long lines for ponchos given the rainy weather, beer etc.

Probably a scattered number of no-shows which I’d attribute to the weather as much as anything…but that was pretty close to a full house at kickoff.

Some teams have mobile QBs that struggle passing but make plays with their feet. Some have QBS that aren't real mobile but have accurate arms. Some are fortunate enough to have a QB that can throw and run. Hawks have a 5th year QB who is neither mobile or accurate and coaches feel he is the answer. Offensive ranking is no surprise.

honestly to be dead last is an impressive feat

just think of the level of suck that you have to demonstrate to be that bad

what's more is we are about 16 yards back from the nearest competition, that takes 4 additional offensive plays to cover

really excellent job Brian

Reactions: NI hawk
Watched the game 7 times. Spent countless hours going over every single play.

There's only one thing Brian can do to increase production:

Do-the-opposite.jpg

70048200-16e9-4d6c-bc5a-c7774d2dd119_text.gif

Unconcerned about an offensive numbers race that we will never participate in this season...
You are seriously "unconcerned" that we have the worst offense in college football in yards per game? Nobody expects Iowa to compete for #1 or even top 20, but if you're not concerned about what those numbers indicate...Wow!

Welp, you get SP. AP won't play much as along as SP is vertical. JL, may never play as he isn't "getting it" when it comes to the play book.
I find it perplexing that ISU‘s redshirt sophomore first year starting QB can be so far superior to Iowa’s 5th year senior 3rd year starter. And Kirk appears to not care.

If the playbook is so hard to grasp, maybe…..just maybe….it’s time to make it much, much simpler.

ADVERTISEMENT