ADVERTISEMENT

After Roe v Wade is overturned, then what?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
As I understand it, it goes back to the states. So, basically in the South and places like Iowa you wont be able to get a (legal) abortion. But California, New York, Illinois....etc will certainly not ban it.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Republicans will try to take back the Senate and the House and make it illegal at the federal level. They’ll make it a constant struggle so they can raise money and get votes.

The overall number of abortions will remain the same.

and the rich republicans will send their daughters offshore to get them.

No need to send their daughters offshore. Family physician can induce bleeding, claim it couldn’t be stopped, and that will provide cause for a medically necessary abortion.

We’ve been through this before. Doctors were never punished. Patients were never punished. The only people who will suffer are poor people who can’t afford a regular physician. They’ll be forced to more dangerous ends.

handmaids.jpg

Oh, they won't need to do that. Plenty of 'concierge' American doctors will continue the practice.

I know one republican and a Trump supporter, recently divorced, knocked up my friend's younger sister (no pic). The first time she got an abortion, the second time, he asked her again (and several other times) to have another abortion but she moved forward with having the baby and is 8 months pregnant on her own. She is hoping he will pay her a bulk payment and call it a day. Of course, he was and probably still is anti-abortion.

There will be a more scientific look at when life begins and an appropriate law will be drafted to represent that?

We will finally get to stop hearing my body my choice as if the baby doesn't matter?

This will never happen. Period. It's merely a GOP wedge issue that resonates with the uninformed, emotional evangelical GOP base and it works effectively for those GOP career politicians who pay it lip service while they serve their corporate and wealthy masters. They've been promising the goods for nearly a half century, brace yourselves for several more centuries of empty promises and no legal changes.

MAGAts can then work on rolling back other women’s rights. 1950s here we come.
What a joke. Fear mongering at its finest. By all means....please list all the women’s rights that the SC has “rolled back” since there has been a conservative majority. Please list the date Roe v Wade was overturned.

Nothing but baseless hysterics. Disgusting.

There will be a more scientific look at when life begins and an appropriate law will be drafted to represent that?

We will finally get to stop hearing my body my choice as if the baby doesn't matter?

Nobody is advocating for killing babies. If you can’t discuss this topic without resorting to lazy rhetoric, maybe it’s best you sit this one out.

Do we really want a bunch of unwanted babies growing up to be adults? Then those of you against abortion will be bitching about more criminals. Which with poor parenting there would be a lot more of.
How 'bout we have the mom's sign an agreement, if the unwanted babies grow up to be criminals we just kill them at that point. I mean, what the frack is the difference when we kill the human?

• Wow
Nobody is advocating for killing babies. If you can’t discuss this topic without resorting to lazy rhetoric, maybe it’s best you sit this one out.

I guess you are in favor of science unless it interferes with your religion?

This will never happen. Period. It's merely a GOP wedge issue that resonates with the uninformed, emotional evangelical GOP base and it works effectively for those GOP career politicians who pay it lip service while they serve their corporate and wealthy masters. They've been promising the goods for nearly a half century, brace yourselves for several more centuries of empty promises and no legal changes.

I dont know how you can say that now when the court will certainly have a majority to do just that.

What a joke. Fear mongering at its finest. By all means....please list all the women’s rights that the SC has “rolled back” since there has been a conservative majority. Please list the date Roe v Wade was overturned.

Nothing but baseless hysterics. Disgusting.
The Supreme Court has not yet had the strong conservative majority they will now.
Trump supporters are deplorable.

Reactions: Tom Paris
The Supreme Court has not yet had the strong conservative majority they will now.
Trump supporters are deplorable.
I’m not a Trump supporter....I’m voting for Biden....so you are not off to a good start here.

Every time nowadays when a President nominates someone to the Supreme Court, there is a hue and cry full of gloom, doom, and hysterics from the other party about how that nominee is going to single handedly destroy America and how the Court is going to roll back important decisions or legislate from the bench. And yet, somehow, the Court manages to make the right decision the vast majority of the time.

All the gloom, doom, and hysterics just never seems to happen.

I’m not a Trump supporter....I’m voting for Biden....so you are not off to a good start here.

Every time nowadays when a President nominates someone to the Supreme Court, there is a hue and cry full of gloom, doom, and hysterics from the other party about how that nominee is going to single handedly destroy America and how the Court is going to roll back important decisions or legislate from the bench. And yet, somehow, the Court manages to make the right decision the vast majority of the time.

Yep and yep. I have been hearing this from the Left my entire life yet it has never happened.

Remember when we were told Trump would cause WW3 with N Korea a couple years ago? Liberals lost their minds. WW3 WW3 oh my gehrrrrrrrrrrd WW3!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Trumptards!!!!!!

Remember when Liberals assured us a Trump election would destroy the stock market?

Pepperidge Farm remembers!

Reactions: 83Hawk
I actually don’t think much will change, maybe other than it becomes a dedicated states rights issue.

It’s been a war for 50 years. It’ll go on for the rest of our lifetimes. It won’t be like gay marriage where society has evolved on the issue to the point of it being a non issue. The question about the start of life will always be a deeply held conviction for many.

Reactions: goldmom
And then the GOP will pass one that states it legally ends at birth. They "care" about the unborn and don't give a fvck about the born.
Definition of canard

1a: a false or unfounded report or storyespecially : a fabricated report

b: a groundless rumor or beliefthe widespread canard that every lawyer is dishonest

Reactions: GarryO37

I was not implying you are a Trump supporter. It was a general statement.

However, overturning Roe is most certainly a concern to anyone who cares about the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT