ADVERTISEMENT

After student loan forgiveness, 73% of borrowers plan to spend more on travel and dining out

The borrowers haven't been making payments for 2+ years, they didn't all of a sudden get a windfall or budget increase. Dumb thread
As someone who qualifies for this "forgiveness" (which I would bet still never happens now that the votes are already bought and now not needed), I can tell you people absolutely made payments, and this would be a budget increase.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of polls that don't link the crosstabs but make you request said data, polls are meaningless without the crosstabs. I emailed Julia to get data and will share it once she responds.

Reactions: beanerhawk
It’s going to go towards driving the economy. Tell me you’ve never had an economics class without saying it…
If I have student loans and I get $20,000 lopped off and get smaller payments, I’m not putting that extra money towards trips and going out to eat. I’m putting it towards my student loans. I don’t give a rip about the economy while I’ve got debt over my head.

Ah, but you took my comment as a criticism towards Biden. For shame.

That argument is so bad, it’s not even an argument. PPP was a huge mistake. It was a huge mistake made by CONGRESS. This student loan debt never went through Congress.
Did Congress give the power to the President to alter student loan payments during a national emergency? Was that power limited by congress? Should be pretty simple to answer.

You put money in the hands of middle class people…..they spend lots of it. That is why I have always believed if tax cuts are going to be given, they should largely be for middle class rather than the wealthy, but it never goes that way.

You put money in the hands of middle class people…..they spend lots of it. That is why I have always believed if tax cuts are going to be given, they should largely be for middle class rather than the wealthy, but it never goes that way.
I agree with this but my taxes were less under Trump and I’m not wealthy.

Reactions: Banditking
The timing of this thread is perfect.

Original post highlights irresponsible young people.

Young people brag about it.

And then minutes later CNN reports that a judge strikes it down.

Better luck next time...

The timing of this thread is perfect.

Original post highlights irresponsible young people.

Young people brag about it.

And then minutes later CNN reports that a judge strikes it down.

Better luck next time...
Oh it won't be appealed? TX clown judge. Shocking

We will be paying a price for that soon if the GQP blocks the Dems appropriately taxing the rich and corporations. Plus our taxes are going to start stepping up from the 2017 giveaway to the rich
I don’t mind the Dems tax rich/corp plan it’s their spending I don’t like.

Hey. I wasn’t the one that declared Covid over and then tried to pass student loan debt based on the “emergency” that Covid is. Take it out on Joey.
The President has the absolute power to decide what is and isn’t an emergency. No exceptions. He can declare an emergency over one day and enact the emergency the next. There’s no limits on the authority. Remember when Trump made up a border emergency to build a stupid wall that doesn’t stop immigrants?

So, again, did congress pass a law that stated the president could modify the student loan program in time of emergency? Just answer the question. As a side note, can we agree that the person Who decides what is and is not an emergency is the president?

Reactions: Chishawk1425
The President has the absolute power to decide what is and isn’t an emergency. No exceptions. He can declare an emergency over one day and enact the emergency the next. There’s no limits on the authority. Remember when Trump made up a border emergency to build a stupid wall that doesn’t stop immigrants?

So, again, did congress pass a law that stated the president could modify the student loan program in time of emergency? Just answer the question. As a side note, can we agree that the person Who decides what is and is not an emergency is the president?
You are trying to split hairs. Modify student loans during emergencies like natural disasters or war. Thinking like this is so far gone, nothing can probably help you. It’s bad when the President and Speaker of the House say that the President doesn’t have the power. But then a year later something has changed and they suddenly have that power. What exactly changed?

It worked and Joe’s handlers are laughing at them. Problem is in two years these same idiots will vote for him again.

And the next Dem nominee will campaign on student loan forgiveness. This time an even better $40,000. People will get out and vote for that payback. Rinse and repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT