ADVERTISEMENT

After student loan forgiveness, 73% of borrowers plan to spend more on travel and dining out

The same dems that love to cry about Republicans trying to destroy democracy, have no problem shredding the Constitution to give rich white kids money from hardworking blue collar Americans. Finally they found a judge in Texas who can actually read the Constitution.

Precisely. This really isn’t that difficult. But, go team.

Reactions: hawkland14
Jfc dude, that wasn’t an executive order. It went through the proper channels Of democracy. And, guess what, I still opposed those tax cuts. $500b spending of American taxpayers money is gross over reach and you know it.

You know. For the collective group of democrats that seem so concerned about democracy, they sure don’t seem to care about the most anti democratic over reach I have ever witnessed.
The irony right?!? It’s pretty crazy.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
It is actually quite absurd. Hypocrisy in politics is beyond infuriating. If the roles were reversed, they would be throwing a fit.
Both sides have entered into this, “Well Trump did it” or “AOC did it” therefore we can do it it. I hate saying stuff for a wide range of people, but I bet a lot of Americans are just sick of it.

That’s an opinion.
That’s a cop out. Did you think Covid was an emergency in Sep 22 that necessitated $400B in student loan relief?

By any rational standard it was an abuse of emergency powers and circumvented Congress.

Unfortunately we’ve become an “ends justify the means” nation politically.

If you agree with the student loan relief you don’t give a crap about the means.

Idc about the loan forgiveness, farm subsidies, etc. We need to feed the nation and want that same nation to be as educated and skilled as possible to not only be able to compete globally but to stay at the top of the pyramid of power.

Reactions: TigerHawk33
Weren't most of them doing that anyway instead of aggressively paying their loans? Additionally didn't some of them do that with their student loans to begin with?

Idc about the loan forgiveness, farm subsidies, etc. We need to feed the nation and want that same nation to be as educated and skilled as possible to not only be able to compete globally but to stay at the top of the pyramid of power.
That doesn't make money.

The same dems that love to cry about Republicans trying to destroy democracy, have no problem shredding the Constitution to give rich white kids money from hardworking blue collar Americans. Finally they found a judge in Texas who can actually read the Constitution.
Ironic post is ironic

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Lol. There are a lot of people far from the radical right that disagree with loan forgiveness. Dumb take.
Throughout history when there have been government programs, not everyone has benefitted.

This is no different other than this one didn't run through Congress.

I just don’t understand the selfishness from those not getting forgiveness.

I am not getting any benefit. You don't see me pissing and moaning.

Throughout history when there have been government programs, not everyone has benefitted.

So based on your second sentence you are saying, “There’s no difference except this was illegal.” Got it. Because this is the exact line of thinking that Trump used to justify terrible things. Glad to know you are on his side.

They were able to poll 40 million people. That's impressive. I'll have to ask the wife how she responded, I don't recall her mentioning this poll.

So based on your second sentence you are saying, “There’s no difference except this was illegal.” Got it. Because this is the exact line of thinking that Trump used to justify terrible things. Glad to know you are on his side.
Call it Executive Order?

Then all is fine with those opposed?

Same result.

Call it Executive Order?

Then all is fine with those opposed?

Same result.
No it’s not fine. That’s the entire point. The President doesn’t have this power. Trump didn’t have the power to try and overturn the election, but he still tried. All your saying he needed to do was draft an executive order and it’s all good???

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers and goldmom
No it’s not fine. That’s the entire point. The President doesn’t have this power. Trump didn’t have the power to try and overturn the election, but he still tried. All your saying he needed to do was draft an executive order and it’s all good???
I am saying the President has the power.

Do you agree or not?

Well some judge in TX just threw a big turd into THIS punch bowl so grab a seat and pass the popcorn.

That’s a cop out. Did you think Covid was an emergency in Sep 22 that necessitated $400B in student loan relief?

By any rational standard it was an abuse of emergency powers and circumvented Congress.

Unfortunately we’ve become an “ends justify the means” nation politically.

If you agree with the student loan relief you don’t give a crap about the means.
But all these lawsuits to overturn it are a waste of time. Let’s say hypothetically it does get overturned 3 years down the road, is the federal government going to give a massive voting bloc an additional $10k in debt?

Also didn’t they try this in Wisconsin and Barret throw the lawsuit out instantly?

"Lets have Congress pass this." We all know that the Rs would still block it. GOP is so full of shit.
So you believe that if Republicans would block a bill, than the president has the right just implement it? Wow, wonder why people think you are an authoritarian.

Reactions: goldmom
That’s an opinion. The president decides what is and is not an emergency. The border wasn’t an emergency either but that didn’t stop money from being diverted to build a wall.
That's an opinion. The president decides what is and is not an emergency

Great then take a neighbors kid and tell him you will pay for his college

Trump diverted money that had been earmarked for improvements on military bases to fund his wall. And it was legal. The president has that power. Don't like it - tell Congress to take back the power.

Simple.

Great then take a neighbors kid and tell him you will pay for his college
That comment is beyond stupid.

I'm not getting into such a ridiculous argument.

The loan forgiveness is not for a loan taken out in sometime in the next 20 years.

Goddammit, be better.

• Haha
Reactions: FranCantCoach
Trump diverted money that had been earmarked for improvements on military bases to fund his wall. And it was legal. The president has that power. Don't like it - tell Congress to take back the power.

Simple.
Again. This “that guy did it” so it makes it right for my guy to do it, just sounds childish. And I would argue that our southern boarder had become an emergency lately that Biden doesn’t know what to do. Are you seriously saying that student loan debt is an emergency or that Covid is an emergency right now?

“Rich white kids” = anyone with student loan debt making less than $250,000 as a household…

And per OP, those people then turned around and gave that money to the “hardworking blue collar Americans.”

Abby eats lead chips, everyone.

Freeing up their money to allow them to live...uh huh. You probably don't understand this but they also pay rent and mortgages and buy groceries and gas and do all the other stuff that normal people do. Probably why you missed it.

Not when you're taking the money from other people to pay for it.

Your vacation is gonna have to wait.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865
He absolutely does not have the power to do this. Hence why it’s illegal.
You understand the concept of an Executive Order? The President has the power, is that illegal too?

Tuesday's election was somewhat of a reaction to what Biden is doing/has done. Judging by some narrow Republican victories, doesn't look like that Red Wave materialized, so I don't think the loan thing was an issue.

Show me where people that voted for GOP candidates listed "loan forgiveness" as the big reason they voted red.

I'll save you time... they didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT